CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   If you're going to Selhurst today... (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278050)

alanlee11 09-02-2019 12:44 PM

If you're going to Selhurst today...

...let us all greet Craig Pawson's every wrong or questionable decision with a standing ovation.

Get those hands up and get them clapping. Let us serenade the FA with our own sarcastic message and show Wilf that he's got our support.

The fact Wilf has a ban and Barnes got nothing, for very different types of dissent, it's terrible. What message does the 'governing body of English Football' want to send to kids? It's OK to show passion and yell "F**k off" multiple times at an office, but to smile and sarcastically clap is not acceptable at all. I'm no excusing Wilf, but he has had such a rough time from fellow professionals on the pitch, ex-pros off the pitch, the media and the FA. There is an underlying level of racism here, not the kind that people are actively deciding to use, it's buried deep and I really think it's exposed when you connect all the dots.

swhib 09-02-2019 12:47 PM

Wish I was there to join in.

Celestial Empire 09-02-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlee11 (Post 14638213)
...let us all greet Craig Pawson's every wrong or questionable decision with a standing ovation.

Get those hands up and get them clapping. Let us serenade the FA with our own sarcastic message and show Wilf that he's got our support.

The fact Wilf has a ban and Barnes got nothing, for very different types of dissent, it's terrible. What message does the 'governing body of English Football' want to send to kids? It's OK to show passion and yell "F**k off" multiple times at an office, but to smile and sarcastically clap is not acceptable at all. I'm no excusing Wilf, but he has had such a rough time from fellow professionals on the pitch, ex-pros off the pitch, the media and the FA. There is an underlying level of racism here, not the kind that people are actively deciding to use, it's buried deep and I really think it's exposed when you connect all the dots.

Time to grow up and leave the adolescence behind ? :rolleyes:

Favelly Weston 09-02-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial Empire (Post 14638224)
Time to grow up and leave the adolescence behind ? :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm inclined to agree, but it would be mighty funny to see.

SgtStryker 09-02-2019 01:09 PM

Be sure to wear flowers in your hair:afro:

Direwolf 09-02-2019 01:10 PM

Isn’t the problem with this that Pawson won’t see it as a wrong decision and just think we are applauding how good he is? Plus how would we collectively decide that it was a wrong decision in our eyes? Half the time we disagree on here about decisions that were made at games.

Maidstoned Eagle 09-02-2019 01:11 PM

alanlee11 09-02-2019 06:56 PM

Well the referee duly delivered a shitty performance.

Loafster 09-02-2019 07:45 PM

Clapping was good though!

cappuccinoeagle 09-02-2019 08:07 PM

Presumably Pawson was born within the sound of Bow Bells.

Joe.L 09-02-2019 08:17 PM

Cringe