CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   We should already be safe (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278059)

bolabolabola 09-02-2019 05:15 PM

We should already be safe
 
Reckon weíve dropped 12-15 points from missing sitters alone.

Weíve been on top in so many games and lost or drawn.

Roy has to take the blame for this. I have no doubt weíll stay up - but itís very very poor that weíre even in the dogfight given the players weíve got and the way weíve been playing.

CP-RJW 09-02-2019 05:17 PM

Yes to the first two sentences, nay to everything after. How exactly is the finishing Hodgson’s fault? I’m not saying it isn’t, because I genuinely can’t wrap my head around it. But you seem convinced that it’s on him, so explain. Why?

LiamelEagle 09-02-2019 05:17 PM

How's it his fault for players missing sitters?

Since 1968 09-02-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolabolabola (Post 14639349)
Reckon weíve dropped 12-15 points from missing sitters alone.

Weíve been on top in so many games and lost or drawn.

Roy has to take the blame for this. I have no doubt weíll stay up - but itís very very poor that weíre even in the dogfight given the players weíve got and the way weíve been playing.

Please explain how Roy is to blame for McArthurs miss. I just cant work out how you can blame someone on the sideline, if a player misses an easy chance.

Malarkey 09-02-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Since 1968 (Post 14639361)
Please explain how Roy is to blame for McArthurs miss. I just cant work out how you can blame someone on the sideline, if a player misses an easy chance.

Obviously you can't blame the manager for a player missing. However, the manager can be blamed for continuing to start a player who has been below par for a while.

bolabolabola 09-02-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14639353)
Yes to the first two sentences, nay to everything after. How exactly is the finishing Hodgsonís fault? Iím not saying it isnít, because I genuinely canít wrap my head around it. But you seem convinced that itís on him, so explain. Why?

Because we have missed so many sitters that itís beyond luck.

Finishing - whether itís technique, confidence or dealing with the pressure - can be coached. McArthurís finish today was dreadful - but worse was his decision not to square it. Saying itís all down to the players is naive.

Allardyce and Pulis consistently found ways to win in games we didnít deserve to. Roy doesnít except very occasionally.

Since 1968 09-02-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolabolabola (Post 14639370)
Because we have missed so many sitters that itís beyond luck.

Finishing - whether itís technique, confidence or dealing with the pressure - can be coached. McArthurís finish today was dreadful - but worse was his decision not to square it. Saying itís all down to the players is naive.

Allardyce and Pulis consistently found ways to win in games we didnít deserve to. Roy doesnít except very occasionally.

Allardyce is now out of work, after being sacked and Pulis lost to Newport last week.
So, don't make out they are so fantastic at getting results.

bolabolabola 09-02-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Since 1968 (Post 14639378)
Allardyce is now out of work, after being sacked and Pulis lost to Newport last week.
So, don't make out they are so fantastic at getting results.

I’m not saying I’d rather have them than Roy. I’m saying that us dropping points we shouldn’t under Roy is a theme and I don’t believe he’s just really unlucky.

Robson 09-02-2019 05:35 PM

Roy's job performance is defintely bumbling along at the very minimum of expectations this season.

New broom and a fresh voice in the summer.

chateauferret 09-02-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14639353)
Yes to the first two sentences, nay to everything after. How exactly is the finishing Hodgsonís fault? Iím not saying it isnít, because I genuinely canít wrap my head around it. But you seem convinced that itís on him, so explain. Why?

"Good morning everyone. Today we're going to practise finishing".

Baffled Bob 2 09-02-2019 05:42 PM

Ooh look at me! I'm starting a thread.

foxinthebox 09-02-2019 05:52 PM

We compete in every game we play in. We never go into a game thinking we can't get something. We keep plenty of clean sheets. We are missing a striker, he knows that, hopefully we have one now. One we could potentially sign.

We aren't far of this clicking and us being a top 8 side IMHO

GorBlimey 09-02-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 14639430)
Ooh look at me! I'm starting a thread.


lol :D

AJ 09-02-2019 05:58 PM

Tbf both Fulham and WH missed chances in the first half of the past 2 games which could have buried us.

yorkshire-eagle 09-02-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 14639468)
Tbf both Fulham and WH missed chances in the first half of the past 2 games which could have buried us.

And tbf, we have missed so many chances in so many games, first and second halves.
Luck, instinct, confidence, whatever is missing in front of goal, get that back throughout the team, and we really will have a top 8 team in my opinion

CP-RJW 09-02-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 14639468)
Tbf both Fulham and WH missed chances in the first half of the past 2 games which could have buried us.

2 or 3 good chances. We tend to miss at least 5.

Yoda 09-02-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 14639367)
Obviously you can't blame the manager for a player missing. However, the manager can be blamed for continuing to start a player who has been below par for a while.

Depends if the manager has a better player on the bench who could do a better job than the one who is below par.

NRM the 2nd 09-02-2019 06:14 PM

We need to become a threat from corners again. We seem to get so many each game but never look like scoring from one.

They are almost becoming as frustrating as the missed chances

PALACEFAN 09-02-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolabolabola (Post 14639349)
Reckon we’ve dropped 12-15 points from missing sitters alone.

We’ve been on top in so many games and lost or drawn.

Roy has to take the blame for this. I have no doubt we’ll stay up - but it’s very very poor that we’re even in the dogfight given the players we’ve got and the way we’ve been playing.

Lol. Yes we should be safe with the performances we have put in, the rest of your post is ridiculous.

Blame the manager - who hasn’t had a forward for most of the season - for the fact the set up has been good but we have finished our chances?

The anti-Hodgson crowdon here are tiresome.

palace_burger 09-02-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd (Post 14639508)
We need to become a threat from corners again. We seem to get so many each game but never look like scoring from one.

They are almost becoming as frustrating as the missed chances

100%

Itís why I hoped to see Dann today


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.