CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Questions to CPFC2010 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Questions to CPFC2010 ? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254808)

Adlerhorst 27-08-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11938407)
The Moderators (and Steve B) have been discussing a change to the format of the Questions forum and this may be a good place to raise the matter for comments and suggestions.

Concerns have been raised about too many questions in the forum drifting off topic, or into general banter. Often the discussions widens into interesting areas which ought to be in the more widely visited GPD.

One suggestion is that when the forum reopens we ask CPFC2010 to be more ruthless in only approving sensible questions which follow the guidelines (so, for example, questions about players' contracts would be unapproved and would not appear - and nor would threads with mere pleasantries, sycophantic congratulations, abuse and/or idle chatter).

Once a question has been opened and a discussion follows, it will be moved/duplicated by one of the Moderators to GPD, where it can develop or sink with the other GPD threads. Of course CPFC2010 could still contribute to such threads, but away from the Questions forum. The original question and answer will remain duplicated in the Questions forum, but closed for further discussion there.

Another suggestion is that we abandon the Questions forum completely, and just ask Steve to pop in to GPD occasionally (as he is doing now) to address questions.

perhaps CPFC2010 could reject questions they don't like with this

Nth Kent Eagle 27-08-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11938987)
The day the club has gone backwards, and all people want to know is about what wine to have with there dinner.

We might as well make use of the board's expertise. We can drink wine now but I can't enjoy Palace live until Saturday

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol Knight (Post 11938488)
will be mainly spend talking about the best fans in the country and saying ey by gum

Crikey. You really are a grumps today.

You need an early night, I think.

firstgame63cpfc 27-08-2014 09:25 PM

Cheer up all, Burton are beating QPR 1 0

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglandEagle (Post 11939154)
Steve, I'll always be grateful for what you and the rest of the board have done. I'm sure you all believe in the decision that you have made and it is your place to do so. Unfortunately I've suffered this man as manager of our beloved team before and I find the thought of his return truly depressing. You've always appeared to do the right thing by the fans and I hope that you will continue to do so by offering a full refund to those who now feel that their season tickets have been mis-sold to them.

Just out of interest, how did you suffer this man as a manager before? How exactly did you 'suffer'?

I'm genuinely interested.

croydonexile 27-08-2014 09:32 PM

Not just for steve but has Gerry Francis left now or is he sticking around for a while?

swhib 27-08-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Steve, I'll always be grateful for what you and the rest of the board have done. I'm sure you all believe in the decision that you have made and it is your place to do so. Unfortunately I've suffered this man as manager of our beloved team before and I find the thought of his return truly depressing. You've always appeared to do the right thing by the fans and I hope that you will continue to do so by offering a full refund to those who now feel that their season tickets have been mis-sold to them.

Hey you're a great Palace fan, well done.

Dorking .Eagle 27-08-2014 09:32 PM

On the upside, he likes to spend pre-season in Devon and Cornwall. As do I, so I'm in.

spt1978 27-08-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 11939171)
We might as well make use of the board's expertise. We can drink wine now but I can't enjoy Palace live until Saturday

Wine or beer is essential when supporting Palace.

Ali77 27-08-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Didn't a fan do this after the Pulis appointment?! Then ended up apologising. Hope your doing the same come the end of the season.

Yogya 27-08-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara4003 (Post 11939193)
Just out of interest, how did you suffer this man as a manager before? How exactly did you 'suffer'?

Penalty miss by Ben Watson at Bristol? I suffered that night too. Mind you he is just lucky he is not a Man Utd fan. THen he would have something to complain about

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Groundhog Day. Had the same messages the day we appointed Pulis.
If people dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for them to support.
Pull yourself together mate and stop being so dramatic. We are Palace and we need to stick together.

PS - while you have every right to have an opinion on the manager and to totally disagree with the board's choice, I cannot understand why you would say that we have "mis-sold" season tickets. They come with no guarantee of who will be manager of the club!

arabian eagle 27-08-2014 09:41 PM

Well played CPFC2010. Now let's get a couple of players in especially a left back. Get behind the team BBS. It's never boring being a Palace fan.

Gathers54 27-08-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939236)

If you dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for you to support.

Pull yourself together mate and stop being so dramatic. We are Palace and we need to stick together.

Signs for QPR on Page 45 after 'Arry declines new contract

EnglandEagle 27-08-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara4003 (Post 11939193)

Watched too many games under him that were poor where we looked like headless chickens hoping for something to happen rather than making it happen. Can't stand watching us launch the ball hopelessly up field and don't believe he has done anything to show he is tactically capable. Think he buys shit players and doesn't have a track record of buying the quality of players that will improve us, which worries me that we will end up with expensive purchases of Championship quality.

philsick 27-08-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

If you want us to stick together,why make such a divisive appointment?

Popester 27-08-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Unless you bought your ticket on the condition NW didn't return you are legally and morally screwed.

Suggest you hope NW brings back the exciting attacking play we saw with Moses, Sinclair and (ahem) Scowcroft and otherwise forget about the past.

Joe85 27-08-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

If you dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for you to support.

Absoltely brillaint reply. Wo in the funk would ask for a bloddy refund after the last few years...Crazy.

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali77 (Post 11939220)
Didn't a fan do this after the Pulis appointment?! Then ended up apologising. Hope your doing the same come the end of the season.

Yes, he asked for a refund when we appointed Tony and then ate humble pie in public.

History repeats itself!

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogya (Post 11939225)
Penalty miss by Ben Watson at Bristol? I suffered that night too. Mind you he is just lucky he is not a Man Utd fan. THen he would have something to complain about

That noise will haunt me forever :(