CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   HF Appreciation... (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285330)

pdeagle84 06-12-2021 04:20 PM

HF Appreciation...

I know the HF divide opinions. There have been some bad experiences from the move across lower holmesdale and other isolated incidents that people are very quick to talk online about...I hope this thread could encourage a bit of positivity around the group - and wanted to start with a recent experience I had.

I dont see a huge amount of good press for the group. Btw I would not count myself as a HF so this isnt too biased a post I hope anyway. My son and I had season tickets in the area both in Block B and Block E. I have seen the best and the worst of palace fans over the years trust me, not just in with these lads...

I used to have a few quid. And every christmas I gave up my season tickets for free for someone that needed them - as well as paying for a kit for a young fan too each year. Now the tables have somewhat turned...These last couple years have ruined us financially. Proper country n western song sh*t, lost the house, business, cars and nearly my marriage too with all the stress....After asking my eldest boy what he wants for christmas he just said "All i want dad is to go watch palace again like we used to..." :sob::sob::sob:

(Needless to say my 12yo son and I cannot get to watch palace at all anymore as its definitely a "luxury"...)

So I reached out to the HF group on Facebook, knowing the "Twenty is plenty" campaign is adhered to among the group - this was my only way of justifying taking my boy back to selhurst again. As the club would want membership fees, tickets plus food then travel and IMAGINE I wanted to actually buy the kid a kit too?? Honestly all-in would have cost me min £150- £250 to take him to one match! WTF has happened to our club???

So the only way was to get a couple of tickets for £40 and drive up from woking! Not only did the offers for games come flying in, none of them wanted any money and all offered such kind words of support too.

Karma is a funny thing isnt it?

eagle mart 06-12-2021 04:27 PM

Great positive Karma. And no doubt, with your entrepreneurial experience you will rise again, I hope this wont be the end of the story.

PalaceForever 06-12-2021 04:53 PM

That's nice to hear that, well done to them. I hope you and your lad enjoy the game.

Archiebald Leitch 06-12-2021 05:04 PM

Nice. Hope you are soon back every week!

wrightchipvcfc 06-12-2021 05:13 PM

Hope your luck and situation gets better mate
Well done hf

les aigles 06-12-2021 05:17 PM

Good to read :p

AddoWolz 06-12-2021 05:33 PM

The HF have been nothing short of great for our club, they are a massive part of the match day experience .

stamford triumph 06-12-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddoWolz (Post 16136896)
The HF have been nothing short of great for our club, they are a massive part of the match day experience .

What he said

stumpy feelers 06-12-2021 05:48 PM

burgess hill 84 06-12-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdeagle84 (Post 16136809)
I know the HF divide opinions. There have been some bad experiences from the move across lower holmesdale and other isolated incidents that people are very quick to talk online about...I hope this thread could encourage a bit of positivity around the group - and wanted to start with a recent experience I had.

I dont see a huge amount of good press for the group. Btw I would not count myself as a HF so this isnt too biased a post I hope anyway. My son and I had season tickets in the area both in Block B and Block E. I have seen the best and the worst of palace fans over the years trust me, not just in with these lads...

I used to have a few quid. And every christmas I gave up my season tickets for free for someone that needed them - as well as paying for a kit for a young fan too each year. Now the tables have somewhat turned...These last couple years have ruined us financially. Proper country n western song sh*t, lost the house, business, cars and nearly my marriage too with all the stress....After asking my eldest boy what he wants for christmas he just said "All i want dad is to go watch palace again like we used to..." :sob::sob::sob:

(Needless to say my 12yo son and I cannot get to watch palace at all anymore as its definitely a "luxury"...)

So I reached out to the HF group on Facebook, knowing the "Twenty is plenty" campaign is adhered to among the group - this was my only way of justifying taking my boy back to selhurst again. As the club would want membership fees, tickets plus food then travel and IMAGINE I wanted to actually buy the kid a kit too?? Honestly all-in would have cost me min £150- £250 to take him to one match! WTF has happened to our club???

So the only way was to get a couple of tickets for £40 and drive up from woking! Not only did the offers for games come flying in, none of them wanted any money and all offered such kind words of support too.

What a wonderful heart warming story, I'm welling up here.

sw16girl 06-12-2021 06:18 PM

That is great to hear and shows that we are all Palace fans when all is said and done.

CPFC Since 68 06-12-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddoWolz (Post 16136896)

This

Maidstoned Eagle 06-12-2021 06:30 PM

Nice story. Good luck.with the future.

Nth Kent Eagle 06-12-2021 06:30 PM

There have been occasions when I have been out of the country and not been able to use the season ticket (I don't have one at the moment) and as I live a fair way from the ground there isn't always a local taker even for free. I would have loved to have handed my ticket for a game to those Palace fans in need for the odd match. I don't think there is a mechanism is there?

NorthernEagle80 06-12-2021 07:45 PM

Nice to hear a good news story amongst all the negativity lately. I'm an E400 so have mixed feelings about the HF especially given recent events but glad given how much the media focus on them that they still embody what I view as core Palace values.

bonzo 06-12-2021 07:51 PM

Great read! Hope you find your feet soon also!

burgess hill 84 06-12-2021 08:06 PM

I wonder if they turn up at Millwall?

NorthernEagle80 06-12-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 16137153)
I wonder if they turn up at Millwall?

I hope they do but perhaps not for the reason you're suggesting. This is the element that can **** off out of our club.

radiomike 06-12-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Hopefully someone a t the club will offer you something as well
Surely they will ... won’t they?????

Wolfnipplechips 06-12-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiomike (Post 16137173)
Hopefully someone a t the club will offer you something as well
Surely they will ... won’t they?????

Backdated Parish points?

pdeagle84 06-12-2021 11:32 PM

Well it appears the BBS has a lovely side to it too after all lol

To read the messages of encouragement is just as meaningful as the gestures I’ve received of offers for tickets. It doesn’t sit well with me to take up every single offer I’ve had but needless to say there’s been a lot of kind offers. I’ve decided to accept offers for Everton and Southampton games and that’s his early Christmas presents sorted :)

It’s got me thinking that this idea has some momentum too. I’ve got a couple of contacts at the club and I’m going to see if there is some kind of scheme we could arrange for “fans in need”. The name needs some work lol

Some kind of online mechanism to donate your tickets as a one-off to someone who genuinely can’t afford to go seems a good idea in the current climate.

I see that many tickets go unused often. Sometimes due to not being able to resell and sometimes just because people can’t find a suitable person to pass them onto. So if anyone has any good ideas on ways we could organise this I’d be grateful for any help.

Potential issues/problems to solve:

How do we qualify someone as “needing help”?
How can we promote this?
How do we prevent this getting abused?

Lots to think about. Maybe needs a separate thread tbh…

Les Butler 06-12-2021 11:56 PM

What a lovely thread.

Well done all !!!

disco mixx kidd 07-12-2021 12:13 AM

Yes well done HF

pdeagle84 07-12-2021 12:40 AM

Wow. I’m just blown away. If you guys knew what this means to me and my son…I just don’t know what to say right now.

Someone who would prefer not to be named has bought my son a kit on behalf of the BBS for when we go to palace next!

Wow…this has literally made our Christmas guys. I am gonna get this going for other fans too. Not sure how yet. But I’m gonna make sure others like me benefit from the generosity and kindness of fans like you lot.

Love all this. Thanks everyone!!!

NZsparky 07-12-2021 12:52 AM

Great that they have done that, and good on you and your son.

PeterH 07-12-2021 12:55 AM

top work.

Uncle Neal 07-12-2021 01:02 AM

Nice one pdeagle84 - great story and I wish you luck getting a scheme off the ground.

It is brilliant to hear some positive news about the HF as personally, I think they have been really good for us. I know there are some issues but a big group of lads drinking/watching football is not going to be a choir boys’ outing.

The sudden hatred some people have is strange where even the agonisingly long Josh James video is portrayed as comedy gold.

Good to get some balance.

Finally, hope you and your lad have a great time.

redandblue 07-12-2021 03:45 AM

I can’t go Saturdays this season yet my tickets have been used every gams

sydney eagle 07-12-2021 06:22 AM

Great thread. 🔴🔵🦅

Sick Bucket 07-12-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdeagle84 (Post 16137474)
Wow. I’m just blown away. If you guys knew what this means to me and my son…I just don’t know what to say right now.

Someone who would prefer not to be named has bought my son a kit on behalf of the BBS for when we go to palace next!

Wow…this has literally made our Christmas guys. I am gonna get this going for other fans too. Not sure how yet. But I’m gonna make sure others like me benefit from the generosity and kindness of fans like you lot.

Love this thread, well done HF, BBS and those Palace fans who have been so generous. I love your idea of helping out fellow fans who have hit hard times. I know where you're coming from, Covid has wiped out 2/3 of my income too. I'm not looking for anything BTW I've already got tickets for Norwich for me, Dad and daughter so that's sorted.

There must be a way to do this it's a fantastic idea.

Latvian 07-12-2021 09:28 AM

Merry Christmas all.

I know it is too early to use the 'C' word and I never think of the 7th December as being very Christmassy but this thread made me wanna type it!

Spiderman 07-12-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdeagle84 (Post 16137474)

So pleased to hear this. Let’s hope this goes some way of ensuring you have a good Christmas. Take care and love to your family.

PS I think your idea is brilliant and hope the club will take it on board

jaspercpfc 07-12-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

If you'd like two tickets for you and your boy to go on Sunday PM me. Absolutely no cost to you whatsoever. I know you've helped others out in the past :p

Tony Montana 07-12-2021 08:42 PM

Addo would have given you free tickets in the directors box

pdeagle84 07-12-2021 10:29 PM

Mate that’s really really kind of you to offer. I’ve already had two tickets gifted by someone. Your offer just goes to show that we probably could get this scheme going properly! Massively taken back by all this goodwill going round!! Thanks so much for the offer mate.

Maz 07-12-2021 10:59 PM

:)

Nice thread.

Isle of Wight 08-12-2021 01:17 AM

Love the HF. Years ago when my lad was a mascot they cheered him on on the pitch every time he tackled the Leeds mascot. He still talks about it today. They have brought vibrancy and life to the club by the match day noise. And one day, on my bucket list, I want to see a game right in the middle of them with my now 18 year old lad. :)

pdeagle84 08-12-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16138800)
Love the HF. Years ago when my lad was a mascot they cheered him on on the pitch every time he tackled the Leeds mascot. He still talks about it today. They have brought vibrancy and life to the club by the match day noise. And one day, on my bucket list, I want to see a game right in the middle of them with my now 18 year old lad. :)

Not gonna lie. Someone’s gonna be cutting onions when the new era after era song rings out on Sunday!!!

Isle of Wight 08-12-2021 10:06 AM

I shall turn the speakers up high in anticipation:)

horsham palace 08-12-2021 11:34 AM

Good story indeed. I guess the HF are a bit like the Tory Party or any Government in power......there are some decent ones alongside some tossers in the group.

Pierre 08-12-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Just as long as your not both having to arrive dressed in black, taking a turn banging the drum or standing on the platform orchestrating chants I think it's a great story and credit to the HF-Enjoy the day!

Isle of Wight 08-12-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 16139783)
Just as long as your not both having to arrive dressed in black, taking a turn banging the drum or standing on the platform orchestrating chants I think it's a great story and credit to the HF-Enjoy the day!

I would show respect by wearing black, would happily bash the drum but orchestrating chats would be like “ok gentlemen if I could have your attention for a moment and yes that does inclines you with the black cap on backwards good good now if we COULD, all together of course join in with the referee’s a Wanker it would be gratefully appreciated” don’t think I would be too good at that one.

Dave McGregor 09-12-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Hi please check your PM's. Dave

jaspercpfc 12-12-2021 06:44 PM

Hope you and your son had a great day :p

Braders 12-12-2021 07:11 PM

Buzzing you got to see this after your tough times. I hope you and your boy enjoyed it.

HF - you are a credit to this great club.

CP-RJW 12-12-2021 07:16 PM

Yes, hope you had a great evening.

Maybe I’m not doing the Spurs game justice, but I thought that was the best home atmosphere of the season. Love Selhurst under the floodlights, can’t wait for Wednesday.

POSL 12-12-2021 08:49 PM

Loved the fireworks in the 16th minute to celebrate 16 years of HF!

CP-RJW 12-12-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POSL (Post 16146771)

Ohhhh, was wondering what they symbolised.

desperado 12-12-2021 08:51 PM

Great non-stop support by the fans today to get us over the line

We need the same again on Wednesday night

Isle of Wight 12-12-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 16146778)
Great non-stop support by the fans today to get us over the line

We need the same again on Wednesday night

Bugger didn’t see the fireworks. Brilliant effort by all though the noise was so loud on the stream. I sware they have to turn it down or it swamps the commentary!! Well done all great game

Chris K 12-12-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16146811)
Bugger didn’t see the fireworks. Brilliant effort by all though the noise was so loud on the stream. I sware they have to turn it down or it swamps the commentary!! Well done all great game

https://twitter.com/wesleygosine/sta...06963434516491

milking it :supergrin:

pdeagle84 12-12-2021 10:02 PM

Can’t figure out how to add a photo on here…needless to say this has been the best day we’ve had in a long long time. Some much needed father and son quality time away from the stresses of everyday life!

Having not been to Selhurst since 2019, this was a special treat. Even just getting on the train and reminiscing about all our previous highs and lows of watching palace - when the chips have been down for so long even the smallest things are such a pleasure.

We met with some of the HF boys before the game at the Clifton and they gave us both a scarf. You should have seen the smile on his face!!! Then when I took him into the club shop and we collected a home shirt that was paid for by a kind anonymous BBS member. He shed a tear…so did I. But for once these were good tears…I cannot thank you all enough for the words of support. It means a lot to have a support network like this rally around you in these tough times.

Much love to you all. And merry Christmas.

eagles #1 12-12-2021 10:07 PM

Glad you had a great day with your son mate, it’s what it’s all about. You picked a good one!

From father to son,
Formed in South London,
Era after era,
Since 1861.

Isle of Wight 12-12-2021 10:25 PM

Excellent. We are on from father to son and son from 1961. As soon as my Grandkids arrive they will have NO CHOICE or risk being cast out ;)

Isle of Wight 12-12-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16146896)

Thank you. Launched from outside ? Top Fanatics is so missing the 1st 20 mins. Well done

Braders 12-12-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles #1 (Post 16146949)
Glad you had a great day with your son mate, it’s what it’s all about. You picked a good one!

From father to son,
Formed in South London,
Era after era,
Since 1861.

:lux:

bonzo 12-12-2021 10:29 PM

Fireworks looked great!

Nigel_Scarfer 12-12-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles #1 (Post 16146949)

From father to son,
Formed in South London,
Era after era,
Since 1861.

But the heartbeat of South London since just 1905

eagle mart 12-12-2021 11:04 PM

1861 will do cheers. Got proof.

les aigles 13-12-2021 12:25 AM

salad fan club 13-12-2021 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POSL (Post 16146771)

:lux

TwoFace1905 13-12-2021 09:09 AM

I know we take our atmosphere for granted as we're so used to it - but it felt extra special yesterday- PV said the same post game. Good Times are here up the Palace!

EeWzMo 13-12-2021 10:49 AM

Lovely display, though shame about the blue dye running and ruining my jacket and hat…

Aquila_17 13-12-2021 10:53 AM

Well done HF and keep up the good (great) work :lux:... the display looked fantastic on TV, the general atmosphere got mentioned a fair few times and you guys got a very well deserved mention of your own. You help all feel proud of our great club - especially us geezers who used to stand on freezing terraces before we ever got into the top tier :p

davech 13-12-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquila_17 (Post 16147418)
Well done HF and keep up the good (great) work :lux:... the display looked fantastic on TV, the general atmosphere got mentioned a fair few times and you guys got a very well deserved mention of your own. You make us all proud, maybe especially us geezers who used to stand on freezing terraces before we ever got into the top tier :p

Seconded. Big Up to the HF.

And yes, getting drenched on the Holmesdale or Whitehorse was a rite of passage :D

topcatBBS 13-12-2021 12:19 PM

Fireworks behind the Whitehorse looked great, never seen anything like the red ones.

What did the banner say and why did it go up then down quickly and reappear later?

eagle mart 13-12-2021 12:24 PM

The flare fireworks looked great!

The banner was against the Socio's partnership we got going on. I think it was back to front, when initially raised. So sorted it out properly at HT.

Sam Spade 13-12-2021 12:25 PM

Good atmosphere yesterday. HF getting it going with the “South London is ours” chant straight away and it carried on from there. Good effort with the fireworks, which were spectacular from the UH.

silverymoon 13-12-2021 12:32 PM

Well done HF. Just love the atmosphere at the Palace now. Especially when we play well. Also all sides of the ground cheering the team off after a great result.

RobertCPFC 13-12-2021 12:32 PM

The atmosphere was excellent yesterday as it has been for most games so far this season. Hopefully it will be good again on Wednesday.

I think it's the first time I've seen fireworks but not heard them. ;)

Aquila_17 13-12-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16147423)
Seconded. Big Up to the HF.

And yes, getting drenched on the Holmesdale or Whitehorse was a rite of passage :D

But there were peanuts to be had :supergrin:

Alitheeagle 13-12-2021 06:11 PM

Great scenes of the flare fireworks!

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/63zgBfVWx68

TwoFace1905 15-12-2021 02:08 PM

Great footage here of the display and fireworks

https://mobile.twitter.com/ultrascpf...24386315927565

stevek 15-12-2021 02:15 PM

I wish I'd known what the fireworks were for at the time!

stumpy feelers 02-02-2022 05:55 PM

See block E has 150 spare seats for Sat . Welcome to the future if Palace are relegated...

CP-RJW 02-02-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 16250343)
Apparently "Back of block E was blocked online when tickets came out so loads bought tickets elsewhere and will walk over. Might be a squeeze in there now"

Obviously this raises a completely separate concern though of possible overcrowding or fighting over seats.

topcatBBS 03-02-2022 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpy feelers (Post 16250371)
See block E has 150 spare seats for Sat . Welcome to the future if Palace are relegated...

When did you see that? Just went online and it still states sold out.

teesdale99 03-02-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcatBBS (Post 16250969)

There are some available, just checked. They were block booked but I suspect many with season tickets in E, like me, didn’t realise and bought tickets elsewhere.

I think they were originally blocked for season ticket holders in the section but are now open to all.

Bizarro 03-02-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcatBBS (Post 16250969)

I got my son 2 tickets in there yesterday.

laboxers 03-02-2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Comment from somebody on Twitter that the block was reserved for E block ticket holders and Box Office messed up releasing them so those members bought tickets elsewhere

Chris K 03-02-2022 12:25 PM

Yep that's correct. I only got mine in there when I saw the rest of the ground was sold out so rang the box office up to get my ST seat but originally we were told that the box office was holding the seats back

eagles #1 03-02-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 16251056)
Comment from somebody on Twitter that the block was reserved for E block ticket holders and Box Office messed up releasing them so those members bought tickets elsewhere

Yep, absolute balls up by the club. Like many I panicked when I couldn't get my usual seat and bought elsewhere in the HL when it was selling out. Will be a very busy section by the looks of it!

cp98 03-02-2022 01:23 PM

I presumed that it had already sold out in block E. I also decided to buy my ticket elsewhere as it seemed the game was selling fast. Why didn’t the club communicate that block E seats were reserved for ST holders?

bonzo 03-02-2022 01:28 PM

Our 5 season tickets in block E weren't available at the start so we got tickets in F.
Fully intend to stand in our usual spot though on the day.
The fooked it up

Spiderman 03-02-2022 01:38 PM

Let’s hope these aren’t on general sale and find their way into hands of Hartlepool fans

Sp1Eagle 03-02-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Odd statement.

Olympian2 03-02-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo (Post 16251336)
Our 5 season tickets in block E weren't available at the start so we got tickets in F.
Fully intend to stand in our usual spot though on the day.
The fooked it up

What about the 5 people who have bought your usual seats? You'll just squeeze in with them, yes?