CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   HF Appreciation... (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285330)

pdeagle84 06-12-2021 11:32 PM

Well it appears the BBS has a lovely side to it too after all lol

To read the messages of encouragement is just as meaningful as the gestures Iíve received of offers for tickets. It doesnít sit well with me to take up every single offer Iíve had but needless to say thereís been a lot of kind offers. Iíve decided to accept offers for Everton and Southampton games and thatís his early Christmas presents sorted :)

Itís got me thinking that this idea has some momentum too. Iíve got a couple of contacts at the club and Iím going to see if there is some kind of scheme we could arrange for ďfans in needĒ. The name needs some work lol

Some kind of online mechanism to donate your tickets as a one-off to someone who genuinely canít afford to go seems a good idea in the current climate.

I see that many tickets go unused often. Sometimes due to not being able to resell and sometimes just because people canít find a suitable person to pass them onto. So if anyone has any good ideas on ways we could organise this Iíd be grateful for any help.

Potential issues/problems to solve:

How do we qualify someone as ďneeding helpĒ?
How can we promote this?
How do we prevent this getting abused?

Lots to think about. Maybe needs a separate thread tbhÖ

Les Butler 06-12-2021 11:56 PM

What a lovely thread.

Well done all !!!

disco mixx kidd 07-12-2021 12:13 AM

Yes well done HF

pdeagle84 07-12-2021 12:40 AM

Wow. I’m just blown away. If you guys knew what this means to me and my son…I just don’t know what to say right now.

Someone who would prefer not to be named has bought my son a kit on behalf of the BBS for when we go to palace next!

Wow…this has literally made our Christmas guys. I am gonna get this going for other fans too. Not sure how yet. But I’m gonna make sure others like me benefit from the generosity and kindness of fans like you lot.

Love all this. Thanks everyone!!!

NZsparky 07-12-2021 12:52 AM

Great that they have done that, and good on you and your son.

PeterH 07-12-2021 12:55 AM

top work.

Uncle Neal 07-12-2021 01:02 AM

Nice one pdeagle84 - great story and I wish you luck getting a scheme off the ground.

It is brilliant to hear some positive news about the HF as personally, I think they have been really good for us. I know there are some issues but a big group of lads drinking/watching football is not going to be a choir boys’ outing.

The sudden hatred some people have is strange where even the agonisingly long Josh James video is portrayed as comedy gold.

Good to get some balance.

Finally, hope you and your lad have a great time.

redandblue 07-12-2021 03:45 AM

I can’t go Saturdays this season yet my tickets have been used every gams

sydney eagle 07-12-2021 06:22 AM

Great thread. 🔴🔵🦅

Sick Bucket 07-12-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdeagle84 (Post 16137474)
Wow. Iím just blown away. If you guys knew what this means to me and my sonÖI just donít know what to say right now.

Someone who would prefer not to be named has bought my son a kit on behalf of the BBS for when we go to palace next!

WowÖthis has literally made our Christmas guys. I am gonna get this going for other fans too. Not sure how yet. But Iím gonna make sure others like me benefit from the generosity and kindness of fans like you lot.

Love this thread, well done HF, BBS and those Palace fans who have been so generous. I love your idea of helping out fellow fans who have hit hard times. I know where you're coming from, Covid has wiped out 2/3 of my income too. I'm not looking for anything BTW I've already got tickets for Norwich for me, Dad and daughter so that's sorted.

There must be a way to do this it's a fantastic idea.

Latvian 07-12-2021 09:28 AM

Merry Christmas all.

I know it is too early to use the 'C' word and I never think of the 7th December as being very Christmassy but this thread made me wanna type it!

Spiderman 07-12-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdeagle84 (Post 16137474)
Wow. Iím just blown away. If you guys knew what this means to me and my sonÖI just donít know what to say right now.

WowÖthis has literally made our Christmas guys. I am gonna get this going for other fans too. Not sure how yet. But Iím gonna make sure others like me benefit from the generosity and kindness of fans like you lot.

So pleased to hear this. Letís hope this goes some way of ensuring you have a good Christmas. Take care and love to your family.

PS I think your idea is brilliant and hope the club will take it on board

jaspercpfc 07-12-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdeagle84 (Post 16136809)
I know the HF divide opinions. There have been some bad experiences from the move across lower holmesdale and other isolated incidents that people are very quick to talk online about...I hope this thread could encourage a bit of positivity around the group - and wanted to start with a recent experience I had.

I dont see a huge amount of good press for the group. Btw I would not count myself as a HF so this isnt too biased a post I hope anyway. My son and I had season tickets in the area both in Block B and Block E. I have seen the best and the worst of palace fans over the years trust me, not just in with these lads...

I used to have a few quid. And every christmas I gave up my season tickets for free for someone that needed them - as well as paying for a kit for a young fan too each year. Now the tables have somewhat turned...These last couple years have ruined us financially. Proper country n western song sh*t, lost the house, business, cars and nearly my marriage too with all the stress....After asking my eldest boy what he wants for christmas he just said "All i want dad is to go watch palace again like we used to..." :sob::sob::sob:

(Needless to say my 12yo son and I cannot get to watch palace at all anymore as its definitely a "luxury"...)

So I reached out to the HF group on Facebook, knowing the "Twenty is plenty" campaign is adhered to among the group - this was my only way of justifying taking my boy back to selhurst again. As the club would want membership fees, tickets plus food then travel and IMAGINE I wanted to actually buy the kid a kit too?? Honestly all-in would have cost me min £150- £250 to take him to one match! WTF has happened to our club???

So the only way was to get a couple of tickets for £40 and drive up from woking! Not only did the offers for games come flying in, none of them wanted any money and all offered such kind words of support too.

Karma is a funny thing isnt it?

If you'd like two tickets for you and your boy to go on Sunday PM me. Absolutely no cost to you whatsoever. I know you've helped others out in the past :p

Tony Montana 07-12-2021 08:42 PM

Addo would have given you free tickets in the directors box

pdeagle84 07-12-2021 10:29 PM

Mate that’s really really kind of you to offer. I’ve already had two tickets gifted by someone. Your offer just goes to show that we probably could get this scheme going properly! Massively taken back by all this goodwill going round!! Thanks so much for the offer mate.

Maz 07-12-2021 10:59 PM

:)

Nice thread.

Isle of Wight 08-12-2021 01:17 AM

Love the HF. Years ago when my lad was a mascot they cheered him on on the pitch every time he tackled the Leeds mascot. He still talks about it today. They have brought vibrancy and life to the club by the match day noise. And one day, on my bucket list, I want to see a game right in the middle of them with my now 18 year old lad. :)

pdeagle84 08-12-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16138800)
Love the HF. Years ago when my lad was a mascot they cheered him on on the pitch every time he tackled the Leeds mascot. He still talks about it today. They have brought vibrancy and life to the club by the match day noise. And one day, on my bucket list, I want to see a game right in the middle of them with my now 18 year old lad. :)

Not gonna lie. Someone’s gonna be cutting onions when the new era after era song rings out on Sunday!!!

Isle of Wight 08-12-2021 10:06 AM

I shall turn the speakers up high in anticipation:)

horsham palace 08-12-2021 11:34 AM

Good story indeed. I guess the HF are a bit like the Tory Party or any Government in power......there are some decent ones alongside some tossers in the group.