CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Help and Suggestions (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where's the "Theres a fight...." thread? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=277251)

Maidstoned Eagle 04-12-2018 10:13 AM

Where's the "Theres a fight...." thread?

Wanted to bump that legendary thread from Grim Reaper and Hilltop Meggie but it seems to have disappeared.....was it deleted? I remember they got in some trouble with the guest house lot up in Grimsby...is that how it was resolved?

Neil the Eagle 04-12-2018 12:20 PM

I can't find it either, mate. I don't remember why it went, sorry.

CT_Palace 04-12-2018 01:03 PM

Wasn’t it deleted at their request? I seem to remember it was because the thread contained some inflammatory remarks about customers of the guest house that could be held against Grim and Meg...

Neil the Eagle 04-12-2018 01:16 PM

Could well be, I have no memory of it. I'll ask Grim next time I see him.

Maidstoned Eagle 04-12-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14527979)
Wasn’t it deleted at their request? I seem to remember it was because the thread contained some inflammatory remarks about customers of the guest house that could be held against Grim and Meg...

Spoke to Grim and Meg, it was deleted as a local BnB owner who had a grudge, reported them to the local association and had them booted out.

Shame, it was a classic thread.

CT_Palace 04-12-2018 02:45 PM

knew it was something like that.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 09-12-2018 09:24 PM

"Slag tax" and chasing guests up the road waving soiled laundry at them. And the oh so hilarious drunk builder struggling with his keys after the pub shuts.

Maidstoned Eagle 10-12-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 14538840)
"Slag tax" and chasing guests up the road waving soiled laundry at them. And the oh so hilarious drunk builder struggling with his keys after the pub shuts.

Not a fan then H?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 12-12-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14539983)
Not a fan then H?

For me it said more about the owner and the way he treated his guests, than it did about the guests themselves :)

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 13-12-2018 12:11 AM

And strangely enough I think I have a copy of the thread on an old hard drive, along with a load of old very old files and shit :D If I stumble across it I'll be sure to let you know - but sorting out old data is a job I've been putting off for years now so don't hold your breath :D

Maidstoned Eagle 13-12-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 14543556)
For me it said more about the owner and the way he treated his guests, than it did about the guests themselves :)

Poor Grim.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 14-12-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14543873)
Poor Grim.

I was able to form my opinion without having the pleasure of his aquaintance 'in real life', therefore I said it as I saw it (rather than be influenced by friendship). The opinion I formed rather quickly was that it was all quite unneccesary, sordid, tawdry and really rather sad!

It was riddled with misogyny, anger and snobbery and it quickly became apparent that the proprietor should not have been running the business that he did. I feel that this was borne out as his hatred spilled over and he fell out with his customers and fellow guest house owners resulting in him having to leave the business and seeking an alternative vocation.