CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

biggus mickus 19-01-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiWenger (Post 12185862)
Whats the obsession with players that only can do some fancy dribbles in the middle of the pitch like Cazorla in english media?

Bollocks, he is a great player. Had the joy of watching him in a Malaga shirt. Wish he was in a Palace shirt.

Martin H 19-01-2015 09:34 AM

Agree that Gullit is very poor on MOTD and Danny Murphy is very good. Re their competition, Henri has just joined the Sky team and he is one of my faves as a pundit being very insightful. Agree with his comments re David Silva too on Sunday. Jamie Redknapp is growing on me slowly much to my surprise, Carragher is pretty awful. Gary Neville brought a new level of insight into his punditry but I found it difficult for a while to ignore how irritating he was as a player.

Tough to beat Lawro and Hansen at their peak and then maybe Hansen and Shearer early on. Hansen became a bit of a cartoon by the end but probably has been the best over the years on there.

Micky Droy 19-01-2015 09:40 AM

They clearly hasn't watched any more than our game's highlights, and had nothing to say on the tactics. Just a bit of sniffiness about Pardew joining us. Zero analysis or knowledge of our team. Business as usual

tomlig 19-01-2015 09:44 AM

It's remarkable that even when we're first up on MoTD they still show not much of the game and don't say much about it. Just reiterating the point above really, but it is what it is and everyone (myself included) will continue to watch it religiously

ebyeeckeagle 19-01-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiWenger (Post 12185862)
Whats the obsession with players that only can do some fancy dribbles in the middle of the pitch like Cazorla in english media?

Its entertaining? Nice to watch? Can create goals by pulling players in?

As MD writes, it was dreadful - no analysis, no insight. What is the point of having ex-pros unless they provide that something different? We can all watch a re-run. Rather have a mix of journalists into the programme, in that case.

liberal clubber 19-01-2015 10:12 AM

on MOTD 2 the journo bloke from the telegraph ran rings round savage- laughable. More from telegraph bloke please- and i hate the telegraph :)

917L 19-01-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 12186140)
Agree that Gullit is very poor on MOTD and Danny Murphy is very good. Re their competition, Henri has just joined the Sky team and he is one of my faves as a pundit being very insightful. Agree with his comments re David Silva too on Sunday. Jamie Redknapp is growing on me slowly much to my surprise, Carragher is pretty awful. Gary Neville brought a new level of insight into his punditry but I found it difficult for a while to ignore how irritating he was as a player.

Tough to beat Lawro and Hansen at their peak and then maybe Hansen and Shearer early on. Hansen became a bit of a cartoon by the end but probably has been the best over the years on there.

Henry was woeful and irritating in equal measure

AJ8 19-01-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 12186189)
Henry was woeful and irritating in equal measure

I particularly enjoyed the part when he suggested Aluko should have cheated to win a penalty. Excellent punditry.

Jordan's Jacket 19-01-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 12186140)

I can only assume this is tongue in cheek :eek: The three of them were/are shocking

David of Kent 19-01-2015 11:35 AM

Thought Henry was good as a pundit at the World Cup. I hear he was awful yesterday.

Dom the Eagle 19-01-2015 12:02 PM

Henry was shit. They are paying him £4.2m a year to be shit.

gilesy14 19-01-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12184960)
In Harry Redknapps book he tells how he, his son Jamie and Gullit were in in the Sky studios to watch Chelsea v Bayern in the Champions League Final. Chelsea winning meant Spurs ultimately missed out on Champions League football, and Harry was distraught in the studio.

Redknapp tells how Gullit, leapt and danced around the studio as if he’d won the thing himself even banging on the windows leaving Harry feeling all the more out of place.

Jamie then stood up for his old man and said to Gullit -'Ruud, do us a favour, they sacked you, didn’t they?, to which Gullit shrugged, 'Ah, yes, but that was different people.’

As can be seen from the picture, Gullit really milked the celebrations, going down to the pitch to join in with the players, most of whom he’d probably never even met!

Sums him up really.
http://i.imgur.com/qx8akZz.jpg

I don't really see the problem? He has an affiliation with the club & also a lot of time for them. Is it any different to what Brighty is doing with us at the moment?

WorthingEagle 19-01-2015 12:31 PM

Henry was bloody annoying on Sky, a monotone low-pitched drawl and zero insight.

I'd rather pundit jobs went to lower league players who need a career after they've retired, rather than multi-millionaires who don't need to work but have so little imagination that punditry is the only thing they can think of to fill their time.

gilesy14 19-01-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorthingEagle (Post 12186553)
Henry was bloody annoying on Sky, a monotone low-pitched drawl and zero insight.

I'd rather pundit jobs went to lower league players who need a career after they've retired, rather than multi-millionaires who don't need to work but have so little imagination that punditry is the only thing they can think of to fill their time.

I think Gary Neville has raised the bar for punditry/analysis & very few manage to match his standards. Danny Murphy is very good but I don't think MOTD give him much of a platform to go into as much detail as Neville can when doing MNF for example.

Otherwise, there's a lot of dross out there - irritating dross at that.

JAS78 19-01-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorthingEagle (Post 12186553)

I thought he was dull during the world cup, not sure why sky were so desperate to sign him up

gilesy14 19-01-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 12186604)
I thought he was dull during the world cup, not sure why sky were so desperate to sign him up

Because, according to Jamie Redknapp, he can walk on water. :clown:

elgin eagle 19-01-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesy14 (Post 12186564)
I think Gary Neville has raised the bar for punditry/analysis & very few manage to match his standards. Danny Murphy is very good but I don't think MOTD give him much of a platform to go into as much detail as Neville can when doing MNF for example.

Otherwise, there's a lot of dross out there - irritating dross at that.

Agreed. I thought Hoddle talked a lot of sense during the world cup as well. G. Neville, Hoddle and Murphy, with Lineker would be a good group. Best commentator? I like Johnathan Pearce but I guess he's a bit marmite.

CheeseRolls 19-01-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dom the Eagle (Post 12186482)
Henry was shit. They are paying him £4.2m a year to be shit.

They? More like 'we'

Selhurst Celtic 19-01-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 12186604)

He was terrible during the world cup, and he is an absolute div of a man too.

If Sky weren't such slugs they would have realised that Seedorf is one of the best pundits at the moment and gone for him instead.

westsussexeagle 19-01-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberal clubber (Post 12186187)
on MOTD 2 the journo bloke from the telegraph ran rings round savage- laughable. More from telegraph bloke please- and i hate the telegraph :)

Henry Winter I believe. Good journo.