CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

NorthPalace23 07-12-2014 12:40 PM

Agreed SA Eagle.

It was not a dive, it was not a penalty.

meee 07-12-2014 12:50 PM

Not a dive or a penalty.And the Barkley one is not the same.That was a dive.The whole analysis on the show last night was pathetic.If that is all they can come up with,just show the games.

Penstone Eagle 07-12-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meee (Post 12104614)
Not a dive or a penalty.And the Barkley one is not the same.That was a dive.The whole analysis on the show last night was pathetic.If that is all they can come up with,just show the games.

Spot on.

917L 07-12-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meee (Post 12104614)

Agreed 100%

Expat Eagle 07-12-2014 01:35 PM

I don't really understand why the beeb doesn't have a jokey footy show (much like 'The Apprentice - You're Fired') with a couple of comedians to either precede the weekend (after pub closing time on Friday?) or to summarise Saturday's antics on a Sunday night, especially since they spent so much on the rights.

I'm just watching MOTD2 extra and it's SOOOOOOO boring.:rolleyes:

Gooders 07-12-2014 01:39 PM

MoTD 2 isn't on until this evening. :confused:

Gooders 07-12-2014 01:40 PM

Ah, missed the "extra" bit.

Your point is well made anyway - these shows need a massive revamp. :p

Expat Eagle 07-12-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooders (Post 12104683)
MoTD 2 isn't on until this evening. :confused:

It is in France. Only kidding, edited appropriately.

AJ's right boot 07-12-2014 01:44 PM

Goals on Sunday analysis shits on MOTD.

anti-addick 07-12-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 12104587)
You appear to be one those mugs that can only see a foul or a dive and can't accept that a player can go over in the course of physical contact without it being a foul or him having dived. A job replacing Andy Townsend on ITV awaits. :clown:

No, they can go down, but there's going down and then there is not attempting to move your leg and letting it drag. This is what he did.

Find the video Clive Tyldesley, show us all that a knock in the side will stop your legs from moving, before you are touched.

Mictor Voses 07-12-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ's right boot (Post 12104692)
Goals on Sunday analysis shits on MOTD.

Massively. Kamara really knows his stuff

art malice 07-12-2014 07:41 PM

Shame they spent a couple of minutes joking about how they couldn't do any tricks. Shove that shit on the red button and give us some more analysis please. You're the only ones laughing.

Joooe 07-12-2014 07:59 PM

I can't be the only one who doesn't give a damn about 'analysis'?

For live TV games I turn on 5 minutes before kick-off and turn over for half-time. I'd prefer a highlights show where all they show is the football, I can make my own mind up about it.

ExiledStirling 07-12-2014 08:07 PM

I like analysis providing it is good and not cliches, inane banter and childish humour.

The only good thing I can say about Shearer is that he is not Mark Lawrenson.

The BBC need to get rid of a number of their pundits and commentators. The cull should start with Alan Green, Darren Fletcher, Robbie Savage, Shearer and Mark Lawrenson.

A PS should be included on the termination letter sent to Lawrenson which states 'You are not funny so why do you think you are?'

firstgame63cpfc 07-12-2014 08:17 PM

Whats the PS?

Is it a Palace Shirt:rolleyes:

;)

ExiledStirling 07-12-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstgame63cpfc (Post 12105125)
Whats the PS?

Is it a Palace Shirt:rolleyes:

;)

I like that idea so yes a PS is now a Palace Shirt for his letter :)

cpfcfan1 07-12-2014 08:52 PM

Who cares? Motd always cream over big sides

Chillo 07-12-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 12105116)
Robbie Savage

who also now seems to be on BT Sport as well?!

exiledeagle1 07-12-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joooe (Post 12105107)

For live TV games I turn on 5 minutes before kick-off and turn over for half-time. I'd prefer a highlights show where all they show is the football, I can make my own mind up about it.

You would have loved watching Jamie Carragher on Sky after we beat them a couple of weeks back.

A masterclass of an analysis...:D

Better enjoyed using Babelfish !

Old Joe Paxton 07-12-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joooe (Post 12105107)

I think the last ten, twenty years has seen a massive increase on TV of nerdy and tedious analysis which is largely self-serving (employs recent and middle age ex footballers - the modern equivalent of the retired pro opening a pub or a groovy fab gear boutique) and for most people too in depth, particularly if you are neutral.

And naturally the pundits know the big teams so there is incredible detail and focus on them.

It is geeky, fills hours of space (Sky and to a lesser extent BT) and is largely an advertising / sponsorship vehicle.

It can be done more concisely and not focussing on minutiae of the game nor the soothing, corporate non-speak of the managers, analysers and indeed the players.

More money could be spent on hard hitting football programmes or investigations (not that Sky would look at that with a barge pole - ref. that Jim Scottish bloke on Sky two years ago mouth agape after Someone had the temerity to call into question modern footy, think it was on issues of Murdoch money and Sky). Or more of those BT football films. Or better still Clough v Revie, Mullery v Allsion debates ( ie confrontations). Never happen.

Like much of the modern game it is wallpaper.