CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

JAS78 29-12-2014 12:36 AM

Nasty tackle from clint hill

Straight red imo

maestro 29-12-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 12140670)

Straight red imo

We were too honest

AntiWenger 29-12-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 12140670)

Straight red imo

Won the ball. Yellow was already harsh enough.

Breaking rocks 29-12-2014 12:40 AM

We hit the post, had a shot tipped over the bar, should have been playing 10 men and two( one def) penalty shouts.

Billyd 29-12-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 12140659)
You make your own luck to an extent but a perfectly good goal ruled offside matched against their offside goal being given. Punch striking the post in the QPR and Spurs games when last season his strikes bounced in. These are the fine margins that are missing.

Striking the post yes...yet you dont mention the last ditch tackle from Jedi or the ball off the line from McArthur.....

macstar 29-12-2014 12:41 AM

well done to the Beeb for not showing the first half penalty appeal! :rolleyes:

Billyd 29-12-2014 12:41 AM

We have been unlucky but the reason we are bottom 3 is we havent been good enough under Warnock. Simple as that.

917L 29-12-2014 12:41 AM

Didnt show the penalty on Wilf or Boladies first half curler

Breaking rocks 29-12-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 12140681)
Striking the post yes...yet you dont mention the last ditch tackle from Jedi or the ball off the line from McArthur.....

But thats all they didl

W Malling Eagle 29-12-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 12140659)
You make your own luck to an extent but a perfectly good goal ruled offside matched against their offside goal being given. Punch striking the post in the QPR and Spurs games when last season his strikes bounced in. These are the fine margins that are missing.

I know I've said it before, but couldn't resist chiming in:
  • Sickening assault on Speroni at WBA, yet goal allowed.
  • 2 pen incidents at QPR, both looked like fouls, neither given.
  • 30 seconds in at home to Sunderland, last man takes out our forward in the box, no red card or pen. Every neutral in England apart from the referee agrees that it is a clear foul.
  • Absolute onslaught at home to Villa, they get two chances and one goes in, we get about 30 and none go in.
  • Red card at home to Chelsea when the ref only decided it was a booking upon realising it was someone already on a yellow (watch it again, that's how it looked).
  • Ridiculous deflection to Peter Crouch unmarked in acres of space.
  • Injury time goals at the end of each half at Arsenal.
  • Huge deflection to set Man City on their way in the same game that the linesman failed to spot a defender standing right next to him.

And have we had any luck to rival any of this? Not a bit of it. I've been watching Palace (intently) for over 30 years and I've never known a season like it. Yes, we always have bad luck and maybe more than our fair share, but I have never known so many extremely unlucky, game-changing incidents in the same season. It really feels like everything is against us, which I know sound stupid, but I'm just left with a feeling that it's not our year.

Windsor_Eagle 29-12-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 12140681)

But that is good play surely? I'm not denying that our defending was better last season or that we were more clinical. I am talking about the moments in matches which are not the result of skill or endeavour but that of 'the gods'. The half an inch between missing and scoring, the ref not awarding stonewall penalties game after game, perfectly good goals being chalked off, bizarre own goals not going in, players not being penalised for a keeper assault not out of place in the 1930s the list goes on.

Of course not every bit of luck has gone against us this season, but the balance is heavily weighted that way compared to last year at least.

Windsor_Eagle 29-12-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W Malling Eagle (Post 12140697)
I know I've said it before, but couldn't resist chiming in:
  • Sickening assault on Speroni at WBA, yet goal allowed.
  • 2 pen incidents at QPR, both looked like fouls, neither given.
  • 30 seconds in at home to Sunderland, last man takes out our forward in the box, no red card or pen. Every neutral in England apart from the referee agrees that it is a clear foul.
  • Absolute onslaught at home to Villa, they get two chances and one goes in, we get about 30 and none go in.
  • Red card at home to Chelsea when the ref only decided it was a booking upon realising it was someone already on a yellow (watch it again, that's how it looked).
  • Ridiculous deflection to Peter Crouch unmarked in acres of space.
  • Injury time goals at the end of each half at Arsenal.
  • Huge deflection to set Man City on their way in the same game that the linesman failed to spot a defender standing right next to him.

And have we had any luck to rival any of this? Not a bit of it. I've been watching Palace (intently) for over 30 years and I've never known a season like it. Yes, we always have bad luck and maybe more than our fair share, but I have never known so many extremely unlucky, game-changing incidents in the same season. It really feels like everything is against us, which I know sound stupid, but I'm just left with a feeling that it's not our year.

Agree fully.

maestro 29-12-2014 12:49 AM

We sound a right bunch of moaning minnies going on about luck.

We have conceded too many goals thats the bottom line.

Few examples

You can go about the dissallowed goal against man city but we'd already conceded 2 poor goals before than which was bad defending.

Against stoke yes it was a lucky deflection to crouch but piss poor defending led to that situation.

WBA away yes it was a foul on Jules but 2nd half we were absolutely ******* awfull and couldnt string 2 passes together, they absolutely battered us.

W Malling Eagle 29-12-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 12140718)

Couple of examples

You can go about the dissallowed goal against man city but we'd already conceded 2 poor goals before than which was bad defending.

Against stoke yes it was a lucky deflection to crouch but piss poor defending led to that situation.

True, but it's one team against another. Our piss poor defending leads to a lucky Man City goal; theirs leads to a perfectly good goal being disallowed. Our piss poor defending lets Benteke in for a goal; Villa's results in lots and lots and lots of missed chances for us. Our piss poor defending lets Sunderland score three at our place; theirs results in a man staying on the pitch undeservedly and a penalty wrongly being denied because a referee is too gutless to make a decision as early as 30 seconds into a game. It just doesn't add up. No excuses for the bad defending, but anyone who says that luck evens itself out over a season needs to watch Palace!

maestro 29-12-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W Malling Eagle (Post 12140737)
True, but it's one team against another. Our piss poor defending leads to a lucky Man City goal; theirs leads to a perfectly good goal being disallowed. Our piss poor defending lets Benteke in for a goal; Villa's results in lots and lots and lots of missed chances for us. Our piss poor defending lets Sunderland score three at our place; theirs results in a man staying on the pitch undeservedly and a penalty wrongly being denied because a referee is too gutless to make a decision as early as 30 seconds into a game. It just doesn't add up. No excuses for the bad defending, but anyone who says that luck evens itself out over a season needs to watch Palace!

Luck has been against us for sure BUT I think where we are in the league is probably a fair reflection on who weve played overall, we gone from having one the best defences in the league top one of the worst and that isnt bad luck.

I really dont like moaning about things we cant control, what right have our players or management got to criticise refs when they cant even take a ******* corner, lets sort ourselfs out first and then start blaming other people or luck.

Billyd 29-12-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 12140718)

Few examples

WBA away yes it was a foul on Jules but 2nd half we were absolutely ******* awfull and couldnt string 2 passes together, they absolutely battered us.

To be fair we have had a couple of very poor penalty decisions, I agree fully with that but the rest I just dont agree with. We simply havent been good enough. I even read on here how we got lucky against Chelsea last season but unlucky this season. Completely forgetting we pretty much out played Chelsea last season and hit the post twice!

Robson 29-12-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 12140673)
We were too honest

Exactly what I thought.

Mariappa didn't go down clutching his leg, and we didn't surround the ref. Every other team in the div would have all gone mental at the ref, but in this regard we are very naive. We have no 'game management' nous.

Windsor_Eagle 29-12-2014 01:04 AM

For the record I'm not saying our only issue has been luck and that we deserve to be much higher in the table - we don't - but we could be 3-4 points better off had the correct decisions happened when they should have. That in itself could be massive right now. If you then added in fine margins (which do tend to equal out amongst sides at the bottom) then that could account for a few more.

None of that belies toothlessness of our own play or poor defending at times but that 'rub of the green' that clubs often need to survive the scrap hasn't gone for us at all and that is and could be very important.

maestro 29-12-2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robson (Post 12140764)
Exactly what I thought.

Mariappa didn't go down clutching his leg, and we didn't surround the ref. Every other team in the div would have all gone mental at the ref, but in this regard we are very naive. We have no 'game management' nous.

Very true, the only player with that nous is McArthur, he went mental at the ref at the chelsea match and got their player sent off through his reaction.

Can you remember in one game we were down to 10 men and our players didnt kick the ball out to let the player back on for about 5 ******* minutes!

Wilf got taken out for a penalty against Sunderland and we didnt even bloody appeal!

Youve got to play the game, we seem so innocent and naive, we should be in the refs ear all game.

Windsor_Eagle 29-12-2014 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robson (Post 12140764)
Exactly what I thought.

In fairness Jedinak did and 4 or 5 of ours were screaming at the ref in the last minute when Campbell went down. Ledley looked like be was going to iron out the ref:D