CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

Nth Kent Eagle 29-12-2014 01:06 AM

We haven't yet developed the convincing falling over skills that some PL players manage. Newcastle up there in August were masters. The conniving way some players convince referees is world class.

maestro 29-12-2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 12140791)
We haven't yet developed the convincing falling over skills that some PL players manage. Newcastle up there in August were masters. The conniving way some players convince referees is world class.

Im not condoning cheating but if a player puts in a crazy challenge like Clint did today dont do him any favours.

Everytime a player goes down for a pen all the players should scream for a pen, its a bit like at cricket, its sometimes the loudness of the appeal that just turns the umpires/refs decision in your favour.

jempie 29-12-2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robson (Post 12140764)
Exactly what I thought.

Mariappa didn't go down clutching his leg, and we didn't surround the ref. Every other team in the div would have all gone mental at the ref, but in this regard we are very naive. We have no 'game management' nous.

Think the Hill yellow card was fair going by MOTD. Not as bad as Delphi challenge and left foot wasn't near Mariappa.

We did surround the referee for the pen MOTD bothered to show. I agree we should be more vocal to the ref, but I never liked the way Manure used to harass the referee and at the end of the day it wasn't going to change the decision.

Like it or not, referees don't buckle under pressure from the "smaller" teams

maestro 02-01-2015 01:10 AM

Just watching MOTD

This is probably the worst day of officiating ive seen in a long long time, so many real blatant errors

maestro 02-01-2015 01:13 AM

Also very depressing to see Leicester, Burnley and QPR all score real quality goals

Breaking rocks 02-01-2015 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 12150777)
Just watching MOTD

This is probably the worst day of officiating ive seen in a long long time, so many real blatant errors

In a word - abysmal.

I know the are our rivals but Burnley and Leicester were robbed today.

GorBlimey 02-01-2015 01:15 AM

Patronising shite from MOTD as usual.

Why is Pardew coming to such a "small" club?

'Cos those fecking Geordie twats made it impossible for him to continue working at their "big" club.

MOTD needs to get a new host and some decent pundits.

Looking2curl1 02-01-2015 01:16 AM

Yes, awful.

How bad was the routledge red card? Got snapped in half and then sent off for good measure.

KentEagle1 02-01-2015 01:16 AM

I was going to watch it tonight but I turned it off when I saw savage was one of the pundits

Looking2curl1 02-01-2015 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 12150785)
Patronising shite from MOTD as usual.

Why is Pardew coming to such a "small" club?

'Cos those fecking Geordie twats made it impossible for him to continue working at their "big" club.

MOTD needs to get a new host and some decent pundits.

Patronising nonsense. Why would you expect anything less?

maestro 02-01-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looking2curl1 (Post 12150786)
Yes, awful.

How bad was the routledge red card? Got snapped in half and then sent off for good measure.

I thought the Green handball was worse, I think the linesman should be sacked, if you cant see that then you have no business running the line in the Premier league.

Breaking rocks 02-01-2015 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 12150790)
I thought the Green handball was worse, I think the linesman should be sacked, if you caught see that then you have no business running the line in the Premier league.

And brazenly admitting it in the post match interview.

917L 02-01-2015 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 12150790)
I thought the Green handball was worse, I think the linesman should be sacked, if you caught see that then you have no business running the line in the Premier league.

2 terrible decisions, as was Liverpools 1st penalty

All where officials were very close with totally unimpeded views

WandsworthEagle 02-01-2015 01:24 AM

Usual shite, awful refereeing all over the shop

Burnley got lucky with an own goal for them and a goalie error at the end. QPR so jammy that Green stayed on the pitch and Routledge going off. Here's hoping we get some decisions our way soon

TouchyAndalou 02-01-2015 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WandsworthEagle (Post 12150798)
Burnley got lucky with an own goal for them and a goalie error at the end

Don't know about that. Burnley had 3 players go off injured in the first half(!) and hit the post or crossbar 3 times as well. If that was us the usual crowd on here would be bemoaning how unlucky we are, as we inevitably would have lost the game. But the cliche is true, you make your own luck and that's what Burnley have been doing with their spirited displays.

trufan 02-01-2015 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 12150781)
Also very depressing to see Leicester, Burnley and QPR all score real quality goals

Yep. With the possible exceptions of Villa and QPR (judging solely by the way the latter played against us), every other team in the division looks in better nick than us right now. Can only hope Pardew has been lured here on the promise of some top signings - and that all of them materialise and give us a huge lift. A couple of good results in a row would make all the difference, IMO.

There is no question in my mind that if we don't improve dramatically, several of the teams around us have enough to survive at our expense.

AntiWenger 02-01-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looking2curl1 (Post 12150786)
Yes, awful.

The red card was harsh but I dont think the tackle were any dangerous. Routledge didnt even seem hurt from it.

Old Joe Paxton 02-01-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trufan (Post 12150825)
Yep. With the possible exceptions of Villa and QPR (judging solely by the way the latter played against us), every other team in the division looks in better nick than us right now. Can only hope Pardew has been lured here on the promise of some top signings - and that all of them materialise and give us a huge lift. A couple of good results in a row would make all the difference, IMO.

There is no question in my mind that if we don't improve dramatically, several of the teams around us have enough to survive at our expense.

Very true

pemboeagle 02-01-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WandsworthEagle (Post 12150798)
Usual shite, awful refereeing all over the shop

Burnley got lucky with an own goal for them and a goalie error at the end. QPR so jammy that Green stayed on the pitch and Routledge going off. Here's hoping we get some decisions our way soon

Burnley had alot of luck so far the man city game the goal was offside stood. I think today for once they was unlucky I hear they hit the woodwork on numerous occasions I think it's the only time this season they have been unlucky & maybe jules save bar that they've done ok with luck.

maestro 02-01-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trufan (Post 12150825)

Id agree with that

Annoying that both Leicester and Burnley look good at the moment.

I think we defend better than other teams around us, that may be our saviour but we need some better quality in midfield and upfront, im less bothered about the left back, I think we can sort of cope there.