CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Returned (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244389)

BERT'S HEAD 11-06-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eye-dee
:) Thanks

It's okay, same thing happened when I watched Titanic, always wonder what happened.....

The Omen 12-06-2013 08:02 AM

I think I have this one sussed a little... this is only based on my viewing (I haven't read around the internet) so it is likely wrong, but if you want to come up with your own ideas it is probably best to stop reading now.

For some reason, people in this French town return from the dead every so often. Victor (the little boy), the man searching for Adele and the person who came back to the old man were all dead before the bus incident. That day they came back - Victor caused the bus crash and now we can add the twin into the ghost collection.

So now they have come back again. The death this time they returned was the prostitute in the subway (possibly killed by another ghost).

The guy searching for Adele has come back before and Adele has had to deal with him (Adele said, "It's happening again") and the boy Victor is linked to him and Adele. I am assuming this was her boyfriend and the boy was her son - maybe they died together? She moved to get away from them, but the man still found her - whereas Victor just went home and was taken in by the nurse/doctor.

The old man had also seen the ghost he knew come back before. I think it was his wife. So tired of the experience, he sets his house on fire to try and kill the ghost as well as committing suicide himself (now he will also likely return due to dying during the time the ghosts rise).

Is the situation completely unknown by the residents? I'm not sure. The dad of the twin and the new partner ('doctor') had an interesting conversation along the lines of "this has never happened before." which we could think they are talking about someone coming back from the dead - but I think it is more than that. There is something different about the twin coming back compared to the others that have returned.

I think I have had more thoughts on it too... but I can't think of any other bits at the moment.

The Omen 12-06-2013 08:04 AM

Just went on IMDB to see when it was released. It actually came out in France last year. I avoided reading the review as it contained spoilers, but the first line doesn't sound too good...

"I watched the whole series which came out last year in France. It started fine but soon went downhill, until the last episode which degenerated into utter nonsense, not unlike a cheap sci-fi from the 1950s."

OscillateWildly 12-06-2013 08:06 AM

Enjoyed the first episode

Eye-dee 12-06-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omen
not unlike a cheap sci-fi from the 1950s."

Well for me, that is a recommendation :D

Ant.Palace 12-06-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omen
I think I have this one sussed a little... this is only based on my viewing (I haven't read around the internet) so it is likely wrong, but if you want to come up with your own ideas it is probably best to stop reading now.

For some reason, people in this French town return from the dead every so often. Victor (the little boy), the man searching for Adele and the person who came back to the old man were all dead before the bus incident. That day they came back - Victor caused the bus crash and now we can add the twin into the ghost collection.

So now they have come back again. The death this time they returned was the prostitute in the subway (possibly killed by another ghost).

The guy searching for Adele has come back before and Adele has had to deal with him (Adele said, "It's happening again") and the boy Victor is linked to him and Adele. I am assuming this was her boyfriend and the boy was her son - maybe they died together? She moved to get away from them, but the man still found her - whereas Victor just went home and was taken in by the nurse/doctor.

The old man had also seen the ghost he knew come back before. I think it was his wife. So tired of the experience, he sets his house on fire to try and kill the ghost as well as committing suicide himself (now he will also likely return due to dying during the time the ghosts rise).

Is the situation completely unknown by the residents? I'm not sure. The dad of the twin and the new partner ('doctor') had an interesting conversation along the lines of "this has never happened before." which we could think they are talking about someone coming back from the dead - but I think it is more than that. There is something different about the twin coming back compared to the others that have returned.

I think I have had more thoughts on it too... but I can't think of any other bits at the moment.

The twins mum said to her new partner 'you said this would happen' or something along those lines which points to your theory.

Ant.Palace 12-06-2013 03:43 PM

But why aren't all the people/kids on the coach resurrected?

HC17 12-06-2013 03:48 PM

Possible theory, the boy, the man and the old man are all the same person. But they always return as the boy and then age like everybody else.

Only backed up by the boy being reluctant to tell Adele his real name and adopting the name Victor (unless of course that is actually his name)

Isle of Wight 12-06-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace
Anyone watch this last night? Pretty good I thought.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-returned

Thank for posting about this. I had heard nothing about it but caught up last night and loved it. Rep sent

garronrav 17-06-2013 06:11 AM

Did anyone notice that during last nights episode when the first commercial break began the adverts came up with French sub-titles :)

Ant.Palace 17-06-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garronrav
Did anyone notice that during last nights episode when the first commercial break began the adverts came up with French sub-titles :)

Did they? I was fast forwarding as I recorded it, so missed that.

garronrav 17-06-2013 07:06 AM

Havent got that priviledge on my set up Ant :(

Ant.Palace 17-06-2013 07:13 AM

So, what more do we know? The stabber of the barmaid we're assuming is also a 'returned' (and he stabbed the doctor who's adopted Victor 10 years ago). More so, they all seem to be linked in one way or another to each other.

garronrav 17-06-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

So, what more do we know? The killer of the barmaid we're assuming is also a 'returned' (and he stabbed the doctor who's adopted Victor 10 years ago). More so, they all seem to be linked in one way or another to each other.

Did I hear right that the Police woman said they believe the bloke who stabbed the girl in the subway was a black guy due to the bite marks, WTF :confused:

Ant.Palace 17-06-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Havent got that priviledge on my set up Ant :(

With my kids I'd never get to watch anything if I didn't have Sky+.

garronrav 17-06-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

With my kids I'd never get to watch anything if I didn't have Sky+.

Ive still got the old sky box :o

Scoot 17-06-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

So, what more do we know? The killer of the barmaid we're assuming is also a 'returned' (and he stabbed the doctor who's adopted Victor 10 years ago). More so, they all seem to be linked in one way or another to each other.

She is not dead according to when they found her last night.
And the woman who took the boy in ... appears she was the first "victim" of the subway attacker.... IMHO it got even better last night.

Ant.Palace 17-06-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Did I hear right that the Police woman said they believe the bloke who stabbed the girl in the subway was a black guy due to the bite marks, WTF :confused:

No, you didn't. :D

Ant.Palace 17-06-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoot
She is not dead according to when they found her last night.
And the woman who took the boy in ... appears she was the first "victim" of the subway attacker.... IMHO it got even better last night.

Beat me- I've just edited that. :D

garronrav 17-06-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

No, you didn't. :D

Im obviously just a racist that only hears what I want to hear :o