CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Returned (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244389)

Ant.Palace 28-07-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by si1965 (Post 11182413)
Think the guy examining the animal bodies said that animals would only run into the water if they were scared - I assume that they encountered the horde in the woods. The returned always appear to be hungry so the
wildlife in the woods was on the menu.

So hungry the bloke was drinking out the toilet?

So many questions left unanswered, yet the irony was the dead saved the living from drowning in the village.

si1965 28-07-2013 10:25 PM

People took refuge in the Helping Hand because of the blackout as it had a separate generator as well as food.

Eye-dee 28-07-2013 11:19 PM

Hasn't really wrapped it up at all. Why did they come back in the first place? :confused:

disco mixx kidd 29-07-2013 08:39 AM

Wait for series 2 ;-)

disco mixx kidd 29-07-2013 08:41 AM

Serge could be an insider? , they had locked themselves in remember, serge could open a door, start killing etc if they needed him, although they may not want him as u say

Great show thou

pardew's shorts 29-07-2013 09:22 AM

There's lots of Biblical stuff in there, and some WW2 parallels.

Epic series. In love with Lena a little bit (or is it Camille?). A beautifully sombre and creepy slow burner; love the way horrifying things are presented as rather mundane (like Julie and Laure driving around and around last week). Wonderful performances throughout, and a masterfully understated tone.

I'll miss the very French way of saying Lake Pub. Will certainly be purchasing the DVD and soundtrack.

pardew's shorts 29-07-2013 09:24 AM

We have been treated to so much quality drama in the last few years, both domestic and international.

Eye-dee 29-07-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pardew's shorts (Post 11182814)

I'll miss the very French way of saying Lake Pub. Will certainly be purchasing the DVD and soundtrack.

Poob :D

SE25 exile 29-07-2013 10:13 AM

The town was flooded at the end, like it was 35 years earlier when the dam broke. Was this a punishment for the living people in the town for not letting Adele with her impending birth go with them to who knows where?

For me, it was a bit like The Lost, where the plot meanders very slowly, interspersed with short but shocking scenes laden with mystery that never seems to go anywhere. I got the distinct impression that the writers make it up as they go along, and for that reason, I cannot look forward to a definitive ending from the next series either. Got a bit bored really.

wilf789 29-07-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE25 exile (Post 11182949)
For me, it was a bit like The Lost, where the plot meanders very slowly, interspersed with short but shocking scenes laden with mystery that never seems to go anywhere. I got the distinct impression that the writers make it up as they go along, and for that reason, I cannot look forward to a definitive ending from the next series either. Got a bit bored really.

Agreed.

Was still good but leaving so many questions open is such a cheap way of trying to retain people's interest.

Edit: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...e-disappointed

Quote:

As its eight episodes slid stylishly by, I'd begun to fear The Returned was veering into Lost territory, and so it proved. The writers started so confidently but by the end they seemed to be making it up as they went along.

JackTheBiscuit 29-07-2013 09:53 PM

the music was fantastic. it complemented the drama so well. a great series even if i am left confused by so many things.

Ant.Palace 29-07-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit (Post 11184004)
the music was fantastic. it complemented the drama so well. a great series even if i am left confused by so many things.

I agree, the music was fantastic.

Eye-dee 29-07-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 11184012)
I agree, the music was fantastic.

I think it was from Schubert's Unfinished Symphony :D

Stellavista 29-07-2013 10:22 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...bL._SY300_.jpg

PalaceMonkey 29-07-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David of Kent (Post 11182380)
Why did Camille's wound vanish as she was leaving? I'm so full of questions. Great TV

ooh, didn't notice that.

lakepoob.

Eye-dee 30-07-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey (Post 11184073)

lakepoob.

:D

weltklasse 31-07-2013 11:43 AM

I do hope the returned tidy up the lakepoob. Also Serge's nettle based remedy for rotting skin/flesh leave him the one with a good business opportunity in series 2. The two damworkers need to be be brought back for more comedy gold moments. Jerome needs to be honored for his gallic approach to all this (shug, look confused and have a fag.) Will miss Lena for obvious reasons.

garronrav 31-07-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 11182425)
So hungry the bloke was drinking out the toilet?

I wonder what he would have done if he was thirsty :) maybe eaten a dog shit sandwich

si1965 31-07-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David of Kent (Post 11182380)
Why did Camille's wound vanish as she was leaving? I'm so full of questions. Great TV

Watched the taped copy again last night as I did not see this and having gone through it carefully I have to disagree. You never fully see the right hand side of Camille's face - most of the time she is pressed up against her mum and the brief shot we have of her almost face-on her hair and the shadows obscure any detail.

Eye-dee 31-07-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by si1965 (Post 11187465)
Watched the taped copy again last night as I did not see this and having gone through it carefully I have to disagree. You never fully see the right hand side of Camille's face - most of the time she is pressed up against her mum and the brief shot we have of her almost face-on her hair and the shadows obscure any detail.

The make-up lady had probably gone home, so it was good side shots only.