CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bolasie crocked (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268170)

Jaserob 05-12-2016 07:27 PM

Bolasie Injury
 
Sad to hear that he tore knee ligaments and will need surgery. Could be out for months.

TC EAGLE 05-12-2016 07:28 PM

Bolasie crocked
 
Everton's Yannick Bolasie is to undergo knee surgery after scans confirmed "serious ligament damage" after he was injured against Manchester United on Sunday.

Shipp Ahoy! 05-12-2016 07:32 PM

Well done Gary Neville... "Bolasie gets bumped on the knee then goes down with all the 'Histrionics' "

**** :rolleyes:

hdeagle 05-12-2016 07:35 PM

Yannick Bolasie Out For The Season With ACL Injury
 
Former Palace star Yannick Bolasie will miss the rest of the season with an ACL injury that requires knee surgery.

Sad news for Yala.

Son of Ron 05-12-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 13353405)
Well done Gary Neville... "Bolasie gets bumped on the knee then goes down with all the 'Histrionics' "

**** :rolleyes:

To be fair I thought the same when I first watched it

in-exile 05-12-2016 07:36 PM

Good time to buy him back cheap.. Andros Townsend and a bag of Toffee's!

west country boy 05-12-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353418)
Good time to buy him back cheap.. Andros Townsend and a bag of Toffee's!

Except he's out for the season.

in-exile 05-12-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 13353429)
Except he's out for the season.

Still seems a deal...

El Aguila 05-12-2016 07:56 PM

Shit. Poor bloke.

maestro 05-12-2016 07:59 PM

Stuck in Liverpool for months injured, not ideal

Fitzroy 05-12-2016 07:59 PM

So both our semi final scorers are now out with ACL injuries. What bad luck for both !

Zohar's Penalty 05-12-2016 08:03 PM

Poor bastard. Seems some Everton fans really not keen judging by the Twitter reaction. Should've stayed here Yannick.

in-exile 05-12-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 13353464)
Poor bastard. Seems some Everton fans really not keen judging by the Twitter reaction. Should've stayed here Yannick.

All we had to do was pay him bakary's level of wages....

Worksop Palace 05-12-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 13353464)
Poor bastard. Seems some Everton fans really not keen judging by the Twitter reaction. Should've stayed here Yannick.

I'm sad for the lad about his injury

But not for the above

Naboo 05-12-2016 08:07 PM

Get well soon Yala

Dave 05-12-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353466)
All we had to do was pay him bakary's level of wages....

we willingly sold him to finance Benteke, don't rewrite history

dim 05-12-2016 08:09 PM

Had a bad year with injuries - never really got going for either us or them.

Given the way outrageous way he moves, I wonder if he will ever be the same?

Such a shame if not - he is a unique talent and I hope he is back better than ever next year, with that big smile back on his face.

in-exile 05-12-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13353472)
we willingly sold him to finance Benteke, don't rewrite history

I'm not but the BBS need to stop pretending he wanted to go...

Maidstoned Eagle 05-12-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353478)
I'm not but the BBS need to stop pretending he wanted to go...

Seemed like it by his comments on his faceache page.

Zohar's Penalty 05-12-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353478)
I'm not but the BBS need to stop pretending he wanted to go...

He did though- said there was nothing we could do to keep him. Plus he hardly looked heartbroken on his last appearance.

No hard feelings from me, but he wanted the move, and it made sense for us to sell at that price.

jobiinthelastmi 05-12-2016 08:14 PM

Played most of last season like he wanted to leave.

Sad to see him injured, will struggle to come back to be the player he was with an injury like that.

One of my all time favourite players. :frown:

Worksop Palace 05-12-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353478)
I'm not but the BBS need to stop pretending he wanted to go...

Of course he wanted to go

elgin eagle 05-12-2016 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dim (Post 13353474)
Had a bad year with injuries - never really got going for either us or them.

Given the way outrageous way he moves, I wonder if he will ever be the same?

Such a shame if not - he is a unique talent and I hope he is back better than ever next year, with that big smile back on his face.

Agreed, could really affect him given the way he moves.

st albans 05-12-2016 08:20 PM

As soon as he went down I said to my mate it was serious

in-exile 05-12-2016 08:21 PM

Well only posting due to our well known double pay scales of old player new player difference...and what has been said to me about him wanting to stay....not on twitter so can anybody post a "I want the move" tweet ?

Dave 05-12-2016 08:26 PM

Jesus

Ruskin Old Boy 05-12-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 13353484)
He did though- said there was nothing we could do to keep him. Plus he hardly looked heartbroken on his last appearance.

No hard feelings from me, but he wanted the move, and it made sense for us to sell at that price.


Indeed.

He took his family up to check out suitable properties before the clubs finalised the deal. And most of us wished him all the best.

Very sorry for him - especially missing AFCON.

Jim Cannon 05-12-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdeagle (Post 13353413)
Former Palace star Yannick Bolasie will miss the rest of the season with an ACL injury that requires knee surgery.

Sad news for Yala.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Shipp Ahoy! 05-12-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Ron (Post 13353416)
To be fair I thought the same when I first watched it

You did?

You never saw him play for us then? I never saw him overact on a foul...

Andycol 05-12-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353500)
Well only posting due to our well known double pay scales of old player new player difference...and what has been said to me about him wanting to stay....not on twitter so can anybody post a "I want the move" tweet ?

he was looking for a move all year.not that i blame him.
you may find the lack of a "i want a move tweet" suggests he didn't want to go.

it actually means two things.
1. you ask for a move and you lose money
2. twitter means shit.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 05-12-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13353486)
Of course he wanted to go

Exactly. Plus Everton overpaid by 19M for him... http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3337146.html
- so it was clearly very very good business.

Poor Yala - hope he is able to recover with the right surgery, it's late in his career to get such a serious injury :(

eagles #1 05-12-2016 08:43 PM

Surprised he's not done his knee ligaments before with the way he plays.

rhiannapaul 05-12-2016 08:44 PM

Shame misses rest of season
Unlucky for him

Andycol 05-12-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 13353496)
As soon as he went down I said to my mate it was serious

same, was quite surprised when he jogged back on.
Shame for him, great player to watch.

Biggineagle 05-12-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naboo (Post 13353471)
Get well soon Yala

This:p

in-exile 05-12-2016 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andycol (Post 13353530)
he was looking for a move all year.not that i blame him.
you may find the lack of a "i want a move tweet" suggests he didn't want to go.

it actually means two things.
1. you ask for a move and you lose money
2. twitter means shit.

So how do you know he wanted the move for any reason other than we wouldn't pay him the big cash they would and that we do for some new players?

dim 05-12-2016 09:14 PM

Irrespective of wanting a move or not - the poor lad is facing his second long spell out of the game in the last year. I think criticism of his turnouts last spring are a bit wide of the mark - I don't think he was properly fit, but rushed back as our form was so dire.

Nothing but sympathy for me - more money than you can shake a stick at, but it will be pretty hollow the way he must be feeling now, looking at a long lay-off and questions over whether he will ever get back to the levels he has in 2014-15.

Biggineagle 05-12-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dim (Post 13353577)
Irrespective of wanting a move or not - the poor lad is facing his second long spell out of the game in the last year. I think criticism of his turnouts last spring are a bit wide of the mark - I don't think he was properly fit, but rushed back as our form was so dire.

Yep. And we we still miss him to this day, has the money we got improved our side? time will tell of course.

Worksop Palace 05-12-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggineagle (Post 13353586)
Yep. And we we still miss him to this day, has the money we got improved our side? time will tell of course.

We bought Benteke with the money

Without whom we would be bottom probably

ebyeeckeagle 05-12-2016 09:28 PM

Everton fans were getting a bit fed up with his inconsistencies. Which is the downside of a big fee. Not sure many of the others have been up to much, look a flat team.

Anyhow. Sad news and hope he is back and OK for preseason

in-exile 05-12-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 13353484)
He did though- said there was nothing we could do to keep him. Plus he hardly looked heartbroken on his last appearance.

No hard feelings from me, but he wanted the move, and it made sense for us to sell at that price.

And you base that on what..a quote from AP is the only reference I've ever seen ...he moved to get wages that we didn't want to pay him but do pay to others....I've seen no info that he wanted this move ...more that we wanted 30 million.

Worksop Palace 05-12-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353609)
And you base that on what..a quote from AP is the only reference I've ever seen ...he moved to get wages that we didn't want to pay him but do pay to others....I've seen no info that he wanted this move ...more that we wanted 30 million.

He wanted to go

We got a barking mad offer

We bought a proven goal scorer that we've been crying out for

Everyone's happy

in-exile 05-12-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13353613)
He wanted to go

We got a barking mad offer

We bought a proven goal scorer that we've been crying out for

Everyone's happy

You keep saying he wanted to go but cannot reference that statement?
I've been told he didn't want a move.

maestro 05-12-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353615)
You keep saying he wanted to go but cannot reference that statement?
I've been told he didn't want a move.

Pardew himself said he said to Yala is there anything he could do to persuade him to say and he said no he wanted the move,

Worksop Palace 05-12-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353615)
You keep saying he wanted to go but cannot reference that statement?
I've been told he didn't want a move.

Did we not try and persuade him to stay then ?

liberal clubber 05-12-2016 09:54 PM

he couldnt get his head round someone coming to palace on a free could be on more dosh per week than him. Its well known he was jealous of bakery. Didnt he call him a fraud and a conman on one of our injured left back's videos

Jono14 05-12-2016 09:58 PM

The amount of money we got for him was absolutely mind blowing. Especially considering Zaha is the better player!

Scifo 05-12-2016 09:58 PM

Sako was on more money because he came on a free. That's how it works. The economics are blindingly obvious but people still try to use it as a way to twist the knife.

Is Sako worth his wages? Probably not. But the reason they are high is in lieu of a transfer fee. If Bolaise wanted the same wages he could run down his contract and do the same

maestro 05-12-2016 09:59 PM

Reading the everton forum it seems the vast majority arent happy with him at all.

maestro 05-12-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifo (Post 13353652)
Sako was on more money because he came on a free. That's how it works. The economics are blindingly obvious but people still try to use it as a way to twist the knife.

Is Sako worth his wages? Probably not. But the reason they are high is in lieu of a transfer fee. If Bolaise wanted the same wages he could run down his contract and do the same

Spot on

No-one forced Yala to sign his contract did they.

Malarkey 05-12-2016 10:13 PM

**** it, I still love him.

SeanPalace84 05-12-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 13353674)
**** it, I still love him.

I don't but best of wishes to the Man.

Golf Boy 05-12-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifo (Post 13353652)
Sako was on more money because he came on a free. That's how it works. The economics are blindingly obvious but people still try to use it as a way to twist the knife.

Is Sako worth his wages? Probably not. But the reason they are high is in lieu of a transfer fee. If Bolaise wanted the same wages he could run down his contract and do the same

No. The reason his wages are high is because we are c unts

NorthPalace23 05-12-2016 10:24 PM

Wish Bolasie all the best.

Nostrils 05-12-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 13353687)
No. The reason his wages are high is because we are c unts

I'm pretty certain WBA were prepared to pay him more, but he still chose us. He's probably better than what we've seen to be fair. It seems he's best playing direct football, not the kind we've been playing since he's been here. The reason he was better on Saturday was because we were more direct imo (still had one really dodgy first touch though:)).

Anyway, speedy recovery Yala.

Wolfnipplechips 05-12-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353615)
You keep saying he wanted to go but cannot reference that statement?
I've been told he didn't want a move.




Could you reference that statement please?

Dave 05-12-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353615)
You keep saying he wanted to go but cannot reference that statement?
I've been told he didn't want a move.

Give it up son.

eastend eagle 05-12-2016 10:37 PM

Hope he makes a full recovery and return. Football has a wider smile with Yala in it.

Sleeping Giant 05-12-2016 10:42 PM

Just out of interest why do people keep going on about Bolasie financing Benteke when our net spend was about 50p despite the context of what, @100m+? or something coming in from TV etc. I mean contra off Townsend against Bolasie and the difference isn't that material in the scheme of things. I mean equal to a Mutch and a Tomkins or something. Hardly heartbreaking stuff compared with what we've lost.

Dave 05-12-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant (Post 13353714)
Just out of interest why do people keep going on about Bolasie financing Benteke when our net spend was about 50p despite the context of what, @100m+? or something coming in from TV etc. I mean contra off Townsend against Bolasie and the difference isn't that material in the scheme of things. I mean equal to a Mutch and a Tomkins or something. Hardly heartbreaking stuff compared with what we've lost.

wages

in-exile 05-12-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 13353626)
Pardew himself said he said to Yala is there anything he could do to persuade him to say and he said no he wanted the move,

That's the only quote I've seen ......at a point where the club wanted the 30 million and it was a done deal......no months of him wanting .....I think I believe a different story.

in-exile 05-12-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13353639)
Did we not try and persuade him to stay then ?

We wouldn't give him or some others the bigger PL wages that we give the new players into the club.....they would.

Gollum 05-12-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353727)
That's the only quote I've seen ......at a point where the club wanted the 30 million at it was a done deal......no months of him wanting .....I think I believe a different story.

I've heard Parish state the same in an interview. Bolaisie wanted to move on.

in-exile 05-12-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifo (Post 13353652)
Sako was on more money because he came on a free. That's how it works. The economics are blindingly obvious but people still try to use it as a way to twist the knife.

Is Sako worth his wages? Probably not. But the reason they are high is in lieu of a transfer fee. If Bolaise wanted the same wages he could run down his contract and do the same

We got yannick for virtually free.....this is part of our current problems....Punch and Wilf deserve more also.... Cabaye on 100K started this off....

Kidofwonder 05-12-2016 10:55 PM

.

in-exile 05-12-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 13353656)
Spot on

No-one forced Yala to sign his contract did they.

Our actions pretty much did! He wanted to stay.

in-exile 05-12-2016 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13353695)
[/B]

Could you reference that statement please?

Nope but it's from two of his ex workmates directly said to me...

in-exile 05-12-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 13353735)
I've heard Parish state the same in an interview. Bolaisie wanted to move on.

So would you if you had asked for equal pay with a work colleague you were out performing....and had got no joy....and a different offer does come.... you would reluctantly move...... doesn't change the fact that this was the only reason he went and would have stayed here!

Wolfnipplechips 05-12-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353740)
Nope but it's from two of his ex workmates directly said to me...

So you dig out Worksop for not referencing his post and then can't or won't do it for yours.

Silly season.

in-exile 05-12-2016 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13353749)
So you dig out Worksop for not referencing his post and then can't or won't do it for yours.

Silly season.

Think I have....and we had the story of his agent wanting a new contract months before the move which backs the reason being one of squad pay inequality. Facts try looking deeper that club press interviews.

Wolfnipplechips 05-12-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353753)
Think I have....and we had the story of his agent wanting a new contract months before the move which back the reason being one of squad pay inequality. Facts try looking deeper that club press interviews.

Apologies if I missed it.

Far East Eagle 06-12-2016 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353737)
We got yannick for virtually free.....this is part of our current problems....Punch and Wilf deserve more also.... Cabaye on 100K started this off....

Without Cabaye, we woild never have attracted other big names to the club. No Cabaye, no Benteke

HRP 06-12-2016 03:53 AM

This could end his career , he relies on his pace . At his age he can't afford 6 months out not doing anything .

Eagle's Nest 06-12-2016 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRP (Post 13353832)
This could end his career , he relies on his pace . At his age he can't afford 6 months out not doing anything .

They know how to recover athletes from this injury now. He'll be fine.

PhuketEagle 06-12-2016 04:37 AM

Sorry to hear, Yannick. Get well soon big guy.

CPFCalifornia 06-12-2016 05:22 AM

Still have a place for Yala and always will. Very disappointed in the way he left the last game but I'm over it and wish him a very speedy recovery.

TheMexicanHorse 06-12-2016 06:28 AM

No Ill on yannick and I wish him a speedy recovery

That said getting 25m+ for the circus act must be one of Parish best acts at the club for sure.

TheMexicanHorse 06-12-2016 06:28 AM

No Ill on yannick and I wish him a speedy recovery

That said getting 25m+ for the circus act must be one of Parish best acts at the club for sure.

Kai 06-12-2016 07:13 AM

Does this mean we can buy him back cheaply soon :moo:

Jolly Eagle 06-12-2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse (Post 13353851)
No Ill on yannick and I wish him a speedy recovery

That said getting 25m+ for the circus act must be one of Parish best acts at the club for sure.

He would fit well at the minute. I feel like I have been to Zippo's circus every time I go to Palace. Pretty sure coco the clown has been in goal recently. Don't get me started on the clown in the dugout.

spt1978 06-12-2016 07:23 AM

Hope he recovers soon, hope he does not impact his pace.

Golf Boy 06-12-2016 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai (Post 13353864)
Does this mean we can buy him back cheaply soon :moo:

Can we get him on a season long loan like Remy?

Silks&Tekkers 06-12-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353740)
Nope but it's from two of his ex workmates directly said to me...

I just think you are strange.

SilentAssassin 06-12-2016 08:11 AM

By the looks of things, Everton fans seemed more sided to being glad that he is out. Not impressed by his crossing apparently. I wonder if Bolasie is feeling that perhaps the grass isn't always greener on the otherside. Still peeves me the way in which he left with no regard for the fans other than some crap PA written graphic in front of an Everton badge as if he was here for only 5 minutes and barely achieved anything here. 4 agents in 3 years or something wasn't it, in trying to get a move away from us?

That being said I hope he recovers well.

adman50 06-12-2016 08:23 AM

I feel for the bloke, but I am not too sad he has gone. At times, there have been moments where he would have changed a game but the fact we have Benteke in his place who has already banged more goals than anyone managed last season is all you need to remember.

It's a shame, but let's not forget Zaha is a much better player than he is and he has also seemingly upped his game since Bolasie left.

Get well soon Yannick.

SE5eagle 06-12-2016 08:34 AM

I saw one everton fan's comment on (the fake world that is) Twitter saying something like:

"Yannick Bolasie couldn't find a man if he downloaded grindr."

Made me laugh.

Get well soon, Yannick, you brought lots of smiles to me.

Yoda 06-12-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353746)
So would you if you had asked for equal pay with a work colleague you were out performing....and had got no joy....and a different offer does come.... you would reluctantly move...... doesn't change the fact that this was the only reason he went and would have stayed here!

Football deals aren't the same as most employment contracts, in that transfer fees are also involved. As others have said, the Sako deal was structured differently because he came on a free. This gave him the strongest position to negotiate and, from Palace's point of view, we could spread a high cost across a few years salary, rather than give a few million to his club as a transfer fee.

Unless you have a clause in your contract insisting your salary is highest, a player should know that as a team evolves in the Prem, the occasional star (e.g. Cabaye) will arrive on more than you....but that's for the good of the team and benefits everyone doesn't it? For example, the FA Cup run would have brought in more win bonuses for all the squad.

When your contract approaches its last 1-2 years, you go and negotiate again...and you might leapfrog back past others again.

Whilst I'd still love to have Yannick here, it's blinkered to suggest he was pushed out the club just over Sako's salary. Yannick has been getting through agents like Watford goes through managers, increasing his media profile and pushing for more money annually......didn't he sign a new contract only a year ago?

Personally, I think he felt he'd outgrown Palace and wanted a higher profile club which was (possibly) going to bring him European footie etc. And I can accept that and wish him good luck. It's disappointing, but this happens at a team our size....ask a Southampton fan what they feel about some of their recent transfers to Liverpool.

It was the same with Ian Wright. Star forwards attract huge attention and bids from other clubs until their heads are turned. Once that happens, even a bump in salary isn't going to stop them going (which is what Pardew implied when asked about Yala going).

Stavros 69 06-12-2016 08:39 AM

Yannick or Benteke, there is no comparison.

Speporoni 06-12-2016 08:45 AM

Why are people comparing him with other players and down playing his ability. My oh my you are a fickle bunch. The guy would always play his heart out for us and along with Wilf played some of the most entertaining football we have ever seen down here. Get well soon Yala !

SilentAssassin 06-12-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speporoni (Post 13353941)
Why are people comparing him with other players and down playing his ability. My oh my you are a fickle bunch. The guy would always play his heart out for us and along with Wilf played some of the most entertaining football we have ever seen down here. Get well soon Yala !

At times last season it really didn't feel that way, especially in the second half of last season. I think he had in his mind he was as good as gone then.

in-exile 06-12-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 13353873)
Can we get him on a season long loan like Remy?

:D:D:D

in-exile 06-12-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silks&Tekkers (Post 13353886)
I just think you are strange.

Yep ...working for and talking to a few Palace players makes me strange.......errr ok.

WorthingEagle 06-12-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13353928)
Football deals aren't the same as most employment contracts, in that transfer fees are also involved. As others have said, the Sako deal was structured differently because he came on a free. This gave him the strongest position to negotiate and, from Palace's point of view, we could spread a high cost across a few years salary, rather than give a few million to his club as a transfer fee.

Unless you have a clause in your contract insisting your salary is highest, a player should know that as a team evolves in the Prem, the occasional star (e.g. Cabaye) will arrive on more than you....but that's for the good of the team and benefits everyone doesn't it? For example, the FA Cup run would have brought in more win bonuses for all the squad.

When your contract approaches its last 1-2 years, you go and negotiate again...and you might leapfrog back past others again.

Whilst I'd still love to have Yannick here, it's blinkered to suggest he was pushed out the club just over Sako's salary. Yannick has been getting through agents like Watford goes through managers, increasing his media profile and pushing for more money annually......didn't he sign a new contract only a year ago?

Personally, I think he felt he'd outgrown Palace and wanted a higher profile club which was (possibly) going to bring him European footie etc. And I can accept that and wish him good luck. It's disappointing, but this happens at a team our size....ask a Southampton fan what they feel about some of their recent transfers to Liverpool.

It was the same with Ian Wright. Star forwards attract huge attention and bids from other clubs until their heads are turned. Once that happens, even a bump in salary isn't going to stop them going (which is what Pardew implied when asked about Yala going).

All this still doesn't make it a sensible signing. If you say Sako's wage if he had cost fee would be a (very generous) 30k, given that he can't have been on more than 10-15k at Wolves, we paid a premium of over 4.5m to sign him, plus a signing-on fee no doubt. There's no way he was worth that sort of transfer fee.

And while a free transfer can possibly expect a higher wage, the other players don't care about that. Especially Bolasie, who at a fee of 450k was basically a free transfer himself in Premier League terms. All he sees is a far inferior player earning almost double what he does. Now you've potentially upset most of your dressing room for the sake of signing a marginal player - good work.

Having said that we did get a good deal for Bolasie, but then proceeded to spunk two thirds of it on Townsend and Tomkins who don't look up to scratch so far.

Yoda 06-12-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorthingEagle (Post 13353958)
All this still doesn't make it a sensible signing. If you say Sako's wage if he had cost fee would be a (very generous) 30k, given that he can't have been on more than 10-15k at Wolves, we paid a premium of over 4.5m to sign him, plus a signing-on fee no doubt. There's no way he was worth that sort of transfer fee.

And while a free transfer can possibly expect a higher wage, the other players don't care about that. Especially Bolasie, who at a fee of 450k was basically a free transfer himself in Premier League terms. All he sees is a far inferior player earning almost double what he does. Now you've potentially upset most of your dressing room for the sake of signing a marginal player - good work.

Having said that we did get a good deal for Bolasie, but then proceeded to spunk two thirds of it on Townsend and Tomkins who don't look up to scratch so far.

I do share some of your frustration about the apparent overall cost of Sako, but this thread is about Yannick really.

I don't buy into the simplistic theory, now being repeated as 'fact' by some, that Yannick left because of the Sako deal. At most this was part of the background picture....and no one else has left over this.

I think some fans cannot accept that a star player who they love could want to move on, so they have to find someone else to blame.

selhurst.cpfc 06-12-2016 09:39 AM

Direct quotes from Yannick:

'I probably wouldn't have been ready last year. Hopefully I've got most of my mistakes out of the way there,' he said.
'I got used to things. It was a no brainer to come here. I knew the players and the quality which runs through the club. It's a tight-knit family group of supporters.
'I look at Ronald Koeman as one of the best in the Premier League. You'd like to think he could do what he did for Southampton here."

Yannick is, and always has been, all about the money. His phrases Fek (Fresh Ego Kid) and Karmm were both clothing brands of his mates. Also not forgetting the FA cup final record his mate released who has shown no affiliation to CPFC since.

He definitely is not a Palace hero.

Selhurst Celtic 06-12-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353952)
Yep ...working for and talking to a few Palace players makes me strange.......errr ok.

I must confess that in-exile is actually Christopher Hovelle Wood/Timothy Lea.

Bones14 06-12-2016 09:57 AM

I'd rather Wickham makes a speedier recovery, but I still wish YB all the best.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-12-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353952)
Yep ...working for and talking to a few Palace players makes me strange.......errr ok.

Do you wash their cars?

aj4england 06-12-2016 10:08 AM

Shame he wont get the reception he so rightly deserved back at Palace this season.

Hoping for a speedy recovery. It wasn't like Yannick to stay down. On a side note, must be a bit of a concern that Evertons physio's, assessed him, sent him back on only for him to come back off 5 minutes later. ....

anti-addick 06-12-2016 10:24 AM

Hope he makes a full recovery.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.