CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bolasie crocked (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268170)

in-exile 05-12-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 13353484)
He did though- said there was nothing we could do to keep him. Plus he hardly looked heartbroken on his last appearance.

No hard feelings from me, but he wanted the move, and it made sense for us to sell at that price.

And you base that on what..a quote from AP is the only reference I've ever seen ...he moved to get wages that we didn't want to pay him but do pay to others....I've seen no info that he wanted this move ...more that we wanted 30 million.

Worksop Palace 05-12-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353609)
And you base that on what..a quote from AP is the only reference I've ever seen ...he moved to get wages that we didn't want to pay him but do pay to others....I've seen no info that he wanted this move ...more that we wanted 30 million.

He wanted to go

We got a barking mad offer

We bought a proven goal scorer that we've been crying out for

Everyone's happy

in-exile 05-12-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13353613)
He wanted to go

We got a barking mad offer

We bought a proven goal scorer that we've been crying out for

Everyone's happy

You keep saying he wanted to go but cannot reference that statement?
I've been told he didn't want a move.

maestro 05-12-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353615)

Pardew himself said he said to Yala is there anything he could do to persuade him to say and he said no he wanted the move,

Worksop Palace 05-12-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Did we not try and persuade him to stay then ?

liberal clubber 05-12-2016 09:54 PM

he couldnt get his head round someone coming to palace on a free could be on more dosh per week than him. Its well known he was jealous of bakery. Didnt he call him a fraud and a conman on one of our injured left back's videos

Jono14 05-12-2016 09:58 PM

The amount of money we got for him was absolutely mind blowing. Especially considering Zaha is the better player!

Scifo 05-12-2016 09:58 PM

Sako was on more money because he came on a free. That's how it works. The economics are blindingly obvious but people still try to use it as a way to twist the knife.

Is Sako worth his wages? Probably not. But the reason they are high is in lieu of a transfer fee. If Bolaise wanted the same wages he could run down his contract and do the same

maestro 05-12-2016 09:59 PM

Reading the everton forum it seems the vast majority arent happy with him at all.

maestro 05-12-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifo (Post 13353652)
Sako was on more money because he came on a free. That's how it works. The economics are blindingly obvious but people still try to use it as a way to twist the knife.

Is Sako worth his wages? Probably not. But the reason they are high is in lieu of a transfer fee. If Bolaise wanted the same wages he could run down his contract and do the same

Spot on

No-one forced Yala to sign his contract did they.

Malarkey 05-12-2016 10:13 PM

**** it, I still love him.

SeanPalace84 05-12-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 13353674)
**** it, I still love him.

I don't but best of wishes to the Man.

Golf Boy 05-12-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifo (Post 13353652)

No. The reason his wages are high is because we are c unts

NorthPalace23 05-12-2016 10:24 PM

Wish Bolasie all the best.

Nostrils 05-12-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 13353687)
No. The reason his wages are high is because we are c unts

I'm pretty certain WBA were prepared to pay him more, but he still chose us. He's probably better than what we've seen to be fair. It seems he's best playing direct football, not the kind we've been playing since he's been here. The reason he was better on Saturday was because we were more direct imo (still had one really dodgy first touch though:)).

Anyway, speedy recovery Yala.

Wolfnipplechips 05-12-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Could you reference that statement please?

Dave 05-12-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Give it up son.

eastend eagle 05-12-2016 10:37 PM

Hope he makes a full recovery and return. Football has a wider smile with Yala in it.

Sleeping Giant 05-12-2016 10:42 PM

Just out of interest why do people keep going on about Bolasie financing Benteke when our net spend was about 50p despite the context of what, @100m+? or something coming in from TV etc. I mean contra off Townsend against Bolasie and the difference isn't that material in the scheme of things. I mean equal to a Mutch and a Tomkins or something. Hardly heartbreaking stuff compared with what we've lost.

Dave 05-12-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant (Post 13353714)
Just out of interest why do people keep going on about Bolasie financing Benteke when our net spend was about 50p despite the context of what, @100m+? or something coming in from TV etc. I mean contra off Townsend against Bolasie and the difference isn't that material in the scheme of things. I mean equal to a Mutch and a Tomkins or something. Hardly heartbreaking stuff compared with what we've lost.

wages