CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bolasie crocked (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268170)

spt1978 06-12-2016 07:23 AM

Hope he recovers soon, hope he does not impact his pace.

Golf Boy 06-12-2016 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai (Post 13353864)
Does this mean we can buy him back cheaply soon :moo:

Can we get him on a season long loan like Remy?

Silks&Tekkers 06-12-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353740)
Nope but it's from two of his ex workmates directly said to me...

I just think you are strange.

SilentAssassin 06-12-2016 08:11 AM

By the looks of things, Everton fans seemed more sided to being glad that he is out. Not impressed by his crossing apparently. I wonder if Bolasie is feeling that perhaps the grass isn't always greener on the otherside. Still peeves me the way in which he left with no regard for the fans other than some crap PA written graphic in front of an Everton badge as if he was here for only 5 minutes and barely achieved anything here. 4 agents in 3 years or something wasn't it, in trying to get a move away from us?

That being said I hope he recovers well.

adman50 06-12-2016 08:23 AM

I feel for the bloke, but I am not too sad he has gone. At times, there have been moments where he would have changed a game but the fact we have Benteke in his place who has already banged more goals than anyone managed last season is all you need to remember.

It's a shame, but let's not forget Zaha is a much better player than he is and he has also seemingly upped his game since Bolasie left.

Get well soon Yannick.

SE5eagle 06-12-2016 08:34 AM

I saw one everton fan's comment on (the fake world that is) Twitter saying something like:

"Yannick Bolasie couldn't find a man if he downloaded grindr."

Made me laugh.

Get well soon, Yannick, you brought lots of smiles to me.

Yoda 06-12-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353746)
So would you if you had asked for equal pay with a work colleague you were out performing....and had got no joy....and a different offer does come.... you would reluctantly move...... doesn't change the fact that this was the only reason he went and would have stayed here!

Football deals aren't the same as most employment contracts, in that transfer fees are also involved. As others have said, the Sako deal was structured differently because he came on a free. This gave him the strongest position to negotiate and, from Palace's point of view, we could spread a high cost across a few years salary, rather than give a few million to his club as a transfer fee.

Unless you have a clause in your contract insisting your salary is highest, a player should know that as a team evolves in the Prem, the occasional star (e.g. Cabaye) will arrive on more than you....but that's for the good of the team and benefits everyone doesn't it? For example, the FA Cup run would have brought in more win bonuses for all the squad.

When your contract approaches its last 1-2 years, you go and negotiate again...and you might leapfrog back past others again.

Whilst I'd still love to have Yannick here, it's blinkered to suggest he was pushed out the club just over Sako's salary. Yannick has been getting through agents like Watford goes through managers, increasing his media profile and pushing for more money annually......didn't he sign a new contract only a year ago?

Personally, I think he felt he'd outgrown Palace and wanted a higher profile club which was (possibly) going to bring him European footie etc. And I can accept that and wish him good luck. It's disappointing, but this happens at a team our size....ask a Southampton fan what they feel about some of their recent transfers to Liverpool.

It was the same with Ian Wright. Star forwards attract huge attention and bids from other clubs until their heads are turned. Once that happens, even a bump in salary isn't going to stop them going (which is what Pardew implied when asked about Yala going).

Stavros 69 06-12-2016 08:39 AM

Yannick or Benteke, there is no comparison.

Speporoni 06-12-2016 08:45 AM

Why are people comparing him with other players and down playing his ability. My oh my you are a fickle bunch. The guy would always play his heart out for us and along with Wilf played some of the most entertaining football we have ever seen down here. Get well soon Yala !

SilentAssassin 06-12-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speporoni (Post 13353941)
Why are people comparing him with other players and down playing his ability. My oh my you are a fickle bunch. The guy would always play his heart out for us and along with Wilf played some of the most entertaining football we have ever seen down here. Get well soon Yala !

At times last season it really didn't feel that way, especially in the second half of last season. I think he had in his mind he was as good as gone then.

in-exile 06-12-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 13353873)
Can we get him on a season long loan like Remy?

:D:D:D

in-exile 06-12-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silks&Tekkers (Post 13353886)
I just think you are strange.

Yep ...working for and talking to a few Palace players makes me strange.......errr ok.

WorthingEagle 06-12-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13353928)
Football deals aren't the same as most employment contracts, in that transfer fees are also involved. As others have said, the Sako deal was structured differently because he came on a free. This gave him the strongest position to negotiate and, from Palace's point of view, we could spread a high cost across a few years salary, rather than give a few million to his club as a transfer fee.

Unless you have a clause in your contract insisting your salary is highest, a player should know that as a team evolves in the Prem, the occasional star (e.g. Cabaye) will arrive on more than you....but that's for the good of the team and benefits everyone doesn't it? For example, the FA Cup run would have brought in more win bonuses for all the squad.

When your contract approaches its last 1-2 years, you go and negotiate again...and you might leapfrog back past others again.

Whilst I'd still love to have Yannick here, it's blinkered to suggest he was pushed out the club just over Sako's salary. Yannick has been getting through agents like Watford goes through managers, increasing his media profile and pushing for more money annually......didn't he sign a new contract only a year ago?

Personally, I think he felt he'd outgrown Palace and wanted a higher profile club which was (possibly) going to bring him European footie etc. And I can accept that and wish him good luck. It's disappointing, but this happens at a team our size....ask a Southampton fan what they feel about some of their recent transfers to Liverpool.

It was the same with Ian Wright. Star forwards attract huge attention and bids from other clubs until their heads are turned. Once that happens, even a bump in salary isn't going to stop them going (which is what Pardew implied when asked about Yala going).

All this still doesn't make it a sensible signing. If you say Sako's wage if he had cost fee would be a (very generous) 30k, given that he can't have been on more than 10-15k at Wolves, we paid a premium of over 4.5m to sign him, plus a signing-on fee no doubt. There's no way he was worth that sort of transfer fee.

And while a free transfer can possibly expect a higher wage, the other players don't care about that. Especially Bolasie, who at a fee of 450k was basically a free transfer himself in Premier League terms. All he sees is a far inferior player earning almost double what he does. Now you've potentially upset most of your dressing room for the sake of signing a marginal player - good work.

Having said that we did get a good deal for Bolasie, but then proceeded to spunk two thirds of it on Townsend and Tomkins who don't look up to scratch so far.

Yoda 06-12-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorthingEagle (Post 13353958)
All this still doesn't make it a sensible signing. If you say Sako's wage if he had cost fee would be a (very generous) 30k, given that he can't have been on more than 10-15k at Wolves, we paid a premium of over 4.5m to sign him, plus a signing-on fee no doubt. There's no way he was worth that sort of transfer fee.

And while a free transfer can possibly expect a higher wage, the other players don't care about that. Especially Bolasie, who at a fee of 450k was basically a free transfer himself in Premier League terms. All he sees is a far inferior player earning almost double what he does. Now you've potentially upset most of your dressing room for the sake of signing a marginal player - good work.

Having said that we did get a good deal for Bolasie, but then proceeded to spunk two thirds of it on Townsend and Tomkins who don't look up to scratch so far.

I do share some of your frustration about the apparent overall cost of Sako, but this thread is about Yannick really.

I don't buy into the simplistic theory, now being repeated as 'fact' by some, that Yannick left because of the Sako deal. At most this was part of the background picture....and no one else has left over this.

I think some fans cannot accept that a star player who they love could want to move on, so they have to find someone else to blame.

selhurst.cpfc 06-12-2016 09:39 AM

Direct quotes from Yannick:

'I probably wouldn't have been ready last year. Hopefully I've got most of my mistakes out of the way there,' he said.
'I got used to things. It was a no brainer to come here. I knew the players and the quality which runs through the club. It's a tight-knit family group of supporters.
'I look at Ronald Koeman as one of the best in the Premier League. You'd like to think he could do what he did for Southampton here."

Yannick is, and always has been, all about the money. His phrases Fek (Fresh Ego Kid) and Karmm were both clothing brands of his mates. Also not forgetting the FA cup final record his mate released who has shown no affiliation to CPFC since.

He definitely is not a Palace hero.

Selhurst Celtic 06-12-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353952)
Yep ...working for and talking to a few Palace players makes me strange.......errr ok.

I must confess that in-exile is actually Christopher Hovelle Wood/Timothy Lea.

Bones14 06-12-2016 09:57 AM

I'd rather Wickham makes a speedier recovery, but I still wish YB all the best.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-12-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13353952)
Yep ...working for and talking to a few Palace players makes me strange.......errr ok.

Do you wash their cars?

aj4england 06-12-2016 10:08 AM

Shame he wont get the reception he so rightly deserved back at Palace this season.

Hoping for a speedy recovery. It wasn't like Yannick to stay down. On a side note, must be a bit of a concern that Evertons physio's, assessed him, sent him back on only for him to come back off 5 minutes later. ....

anti-addick 06-12-2016 10:24 AM

Hope he makes a full recovery.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.