CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Big game against Bournemouth (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278950)

Mr Bo Jangles 06-05-2019 05:53 AM

Big game against Bournemouth

Next week we play Bournemouth in what appears to be a nothing end of season fixture. However the difference between wining and losing is £1.9 million pounds prize money and if West Ham lose, winning could be worth £3.8 million.

To put it into context the winner of the FA cup receives £3.6 million and £3.8 is the equivalent value of the club selling an 7000 extra season tickets.

Big game next week, be nice if the team and fans perform and we finish on a real high and £3.8 million richer.

Jolly Eagle 06-05-2019 06:09 AM

Need it for our extortionate wage bill.

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 06:20 AM

It’s an insignificant game in the scheme of things and I hope we give some players a chance. Whatever Hodgson does, I just hope it’s nothing like the way he set us up against Everton.

Billy Rhino 06-05-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle (Post 14751721)
Need it for our extortionate wage bill.

It would pay for 8 months of Benteke's wages.

Despite this I would like to see one or two youth team players given a chance. AWB is worth a lot more than £3.8m, so who knows what Woods etc. could be worth in future if they can make the grade.

AddoWolz 06-05-2019 06:29 AM

It's totally not an insignificant game , as the OP points out there is a possible 3.8 million pounds up for grabs which is an awful lot of money for a club our size , hope Roy selects the same front 4 that played against Cardiff and then we'd be in for an exciting game.

biggus mickus 06-05-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddoWolz (Post 14751729)
It's totally not an insignificant game , as the OP points out there is a possible 3.8 million pounds up for grabs which is an awful lot of money for a club our size , hope Roy selects the same front 4 that played against Cardiff and then we'd be in for an exciting game.

This, all day long.

MENTALLY TOUGH 06-05-2019 07:19 AM

Just be nice to beat them at home and wipe that smirk off Howe's face let alone the money rewards for the club.

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

If we donít give some reserve/academy players a chance in a game like this then when will we. Itís the perfect opportunity. Youíve got to think about the future as well as the short term.

Danny_Cheviot 06-05-2019 07:30 AM

Attack, Attack, Attack.

(Apologies for the foul language).

Happy Arthur 06-05-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

I think the tactical genius that is Eddie Howe plays 442 so hopefully Roy will do the right thing.

Penstone Eagle 06-05-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

It would be nice to have attacking intent for the last game.

old traf 06-05-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751726)
Itís an insignificant game in the scheme of things and I hope we give some players a chance. Whatever Hodgson does, I just hope itís nothing like the way he set us up against Everton.

Yeah, 3.8 Million is very insignificant :

Jim Cannon 06-05-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751726)
Itís an insignificant game in the scheme of things and I hope we give some players a chance. Whatever Hodgson does, I just hope itís nothing like the way he set us up against Everton.

League Cup is for giving players a chance. On the one hand people are moaning about us not spending enough on new players, so why risk throwing 4M away

jhc 06-05-2019 07:45 AM

Doesn’t seem that long ago that our total annual income was about £12m.
A possible £3.8m for one game!!!
What we would have given for that opportunity back then!
How times have changed

IanH 06-05-2019 07:57 AM

So basically, if we win and Watford do the business, we have the fee for Ayew from this one game.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o 06-05-2019 08:13 AM

Just hate everything about Bournemouth..

And now they have that incredibly dirty git, Jefferson Lerma.. (26 games, 16 bookings.. season 2017/18) along with the rest of them, particularly Aki, who fall as if they've been shot when in the opponents pen area they are just a horrible little outfit.

Sod the extra £x m's just beat 'em

Scifo 06-05-2019 08:17 AM

Come on, on relative terms it is our least important game of the season.

It'd be nice to get a home win to gloss over those stats and a bit of cash would be nice but its one of the few games where there's room for sentiment.

Start Speroni. I doubt we'll see any kids (Unless we play Dann as a Striker ;) ). And as I've been shouting into the ether these past few weeks, find a little room in you heart for Connor Wickham.

Latvian 06-05-2019 08:22 AM

They can afford to play a youngster in goal, I hope we put our very senior goalie in.

Just have a bench full of youngsters plus players like Souare who unlikely to feature again, hopefully they can have a little run out at the end. The match may be decided by then.

Maiden Eagle 06-05-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o (Post 14751791)

And now they have that incredibly dirty git, Jefferson Lerma.. (26 games, 16 bookings.. season 2017/18) along with the rest of them, particularly Aki, who fall as if they've been shot when in the opponents pen area they are just a horrible little outfit.

Feel the same - I don't this will be like an end of Season game, against those niggly tw*ts !!

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 06-05-2019 08:26 AM

I don't think the clubs cares too much about the fans' money and has been rather careless with its own money, so I'm not going to lose sleep over this one.

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 14751769)
League Cup is for giving players a chance. On the one hand people are moaning about us not spending enough on new players, so why risk throwing 4M away

That just seems very short termist to me. Iíd rather we become more scrupulous in who we pay £100k a week to rather than restrict opportunities to young players in meaningless games.

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old traf (Post 14751766)

Look at the bigger picture for once.

Iíd also argue that playing our so-called best team is almost certain not to result in a victory anyway as we canít seem to win at home.

Iím just talking about two or three changes rather than wholesale changes anyway.

ebyeeckeagle 06-05-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751803)
That just seems very short termist to me. Iíd rather we become more scrupulous in who we pay £100k a week to rather than restrict opportunities to young players in meaningless games.

No Palace game is meaningless. At least not to me and I hope, not to the players.

But would be nice to see some new talent and an old face there at some stage.

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 14751806)
No Palace game is meaningless. At least not to me and I hope, not to the players.

But would be nice to see some new talent and an old face there at some stage.

I know what you mean - while itís not meaningless itís as close as weíre going to get in the premier league.

Iíd just love to see a couple of young players and/or a more attacking formation. The kind we played against Cardiff.

hihi 06-05-2019 08:57 AM

Hope we see Speroni at some point for his last game for us

Mr Bo Jangles 06-05-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hihi (Post 14751825)

Only if we are winning 2/3 nil in added time.

spt1978 06-05-2019 09:06 AM

Howe talking about Bournemouth having a big summer in the transfer market, letís ensure that they have slightly less cash.

Celestial Empire 06-05-2019 10:19 AM

100% with the OP. The time to test promising academy lads is in the pre-season (last year's Scandinavian games).

Unfortunately, West Ham have most of their injured players back and have found some form, whilst Watford only have eyes for the FA Cup. I will be surprised if Watford win (a draw won't help us).

AJ 06-05-2019 10:19 AM

How about playing a couple of youngsters to see if we can save 10m in the transfer market....way more than 3.8m.

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 14751891)
How about playing a couple of youngsters to see if we can save 10m in the transfer market....way more than 3.8m.

Great point.

Celestial Empire 06-05-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Easy to say.
Who would you chuck into the team against an energetic and cynical Bournemouth side ? Name names.

Langers 06-05-2019 10:32 AM

Another comfortable win

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 10:45 AM

Flanagan and Woods perhaps.

Billy Rhino 06-05-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751912)
Flanagan and Woods perhaps.

Not sure Flanagan is ready yet but would be good to see Woods involved even if just from then bench.

bodger 06-05-2019 11:04 AM

Flanagan POTS for the 23s give him a go for sure. I hate Bournemouth Fraser is the biggest/smallest diving nasty cheat in the league their players are all over the ref trying to get players carded. Not losing is the main thing winning would be great.

Billy Rhino 06-05-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 14751801)
I don't think the clubs cares too much about the fans' money and has been rather careless with its own money, so I'm not going to lose sleep over this one.

True, if you knew the money was going into improving the ground instead of a players pocket then it would matter more.

MAW 06-05-2019 11:21 AM

If we win 5-0, we will finish the season with a positive goal difference.

dave_who_ru 06-05-2019 11:21 AM

If you want to see the youngsters there are always the under 23 games.

Bournemouth will want to win so there is no room for a sentimental / experimental line-up on our part.

dave_who_ru 06-05-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Players like Dreher, Flanagan and Woods will still qualify as under 21 players next season so I tend to think pre-season is more important for them than being thrown into an end of season game.

Tomo 06-05-2019 11:43 AM

Lol.

I couldnít give 2 hoots about the match tbh. That potential money will not mean a jot to me or any other fan. We wonít see the benefits.

We should go out purely to provide some entertainment to the fans whoíve been starved of it for most of the season at Selhurst Park.

Eagle's Away 06-05-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o (Post 14751791)

I have to say I completely agree. They are absolute masters of constant niggly tackles and yet when one of them gets fouled they writhe about like they dying. They get touted as this poor little club who are plucky under-dogs and yet they have a deep pocketed Russian chairman who keeps a relatively low profile.

davech 06-05-2019 11:47 AM

Go out with a bang. Strongest side and hope that shoddy Bournemouth turn up.

AJ 06-05-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial Empire (Post 14751900)
Easy to say.
Who would you chuck into the team against an energetic and cynical Bournemouth side ? Name names.

tbh i have no idea as very few players from the u-23 even make the first team bench. If there aren't any players in the u23s that are even close to stepping up why are they there(i know that is an unpopular statement)? If Flanaghan is POTY then he deserves a chance, as does Woods, who has been on the bench a couple of times. Can Kirby play?

Am Phibian 06-05-2019 01:49 PM

AWB was a reluctant pick and only got his chance because senior players were injured. He took it and then some. We won't know if any of the other youngsters are up to it unless picked either.

We are way too guarded when it comes to the youth or......our Academy is just not good enough and we are churning out lower league 1and 2 level and non-league level players 95% of the time.

DARZET EAGLE 06-05-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751755)
If we donít give some reserve/academy players a chance in a game like this then when will we. Itís the perfect opportunity. Youíve got to think about the future as well as the short term.

Of course we need to blood youngsters, but this will happen in pre season games.

Yogya 06-05-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 14752015)
AWB was a reluctant pick and only got his chance because senior players were injured. He took it and then some. We won't know if any of the other youngsters are up to it unless picked either.

We are way too guarded when it comes to the youth or......our Academy is just not good enough and we are churning out lower league 1and 2 level and non-league level players 95% of the time.

How do you know reluctant choice? He asked to go out on loan and Hodgson refused because he wanted him in 1st team squad. Doesnít seem that reluctant to me

BERT'S HEAD 06-05-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 14751952)
Lol.

I couldnít give 2 hoots about the match tbh. That potential money will not mean a jot to me or any other fan. We wonít see the benefits.

We should go out purely to provide some entertainment to the fans whoíve been starved of it for most of the season at Selhurst Park.

Have heard should we win, the AW bogs will enjoy Triple Velvet 3-ply dimpled toilet paper for next season, so I'm in.

DARZET EAGLE 06-05-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 14752032)
Have heard should we win, the AW bogs will enjoy Triple Velvet 3-ply dimpled toilet paper for next season, so I'm in.

It's a tissue of lies.

BERT'S HEAD 06-05-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE (Post 14752033)
It's a tissue of lies.

The bastards.

Green Bin 06-05-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14751923)
Not sure Flanagan is ready yet but would be good to see Woods involved even if just from then bench.

Nye Kirby must have finished his loan move so would be nice to see a cameo from a World Cup winner.

Want a decent performance this weekend, would hate to finish on a defeat or a draw, with just 4 wins at home all season (in the league). Besides a win could see us top West Ham if they lose to Watford, or if it's the other way around, we'd be just one point of a team that has had an 'amazing' season

Am Phibian 06-05-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogya (Post 14752028)
How do you know reluctant choice? He asked to go out on loan and Hodgson refused because he wanted him in 1st team squad. Doesn’t seem that reluctant to me

Do you believe AWB would have been picked over 1st and 2nd choice senior defenders if there hadn't had been a long injury list? Really?

Last youth player to be given a proper chance was Wilf back in 2010

Follow the evidence...

Yogya 06-05-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 14752039)
Do you believe AWB would have been picked over 1st and 2nd choice senior defenders if there hadn't had been a long injury list? Really?

Last youth player to be given a proper chance was Wilf back in 2010.

Follow the evidence...

What Youth players have not been given a chance who have then gone on to make it elsewhere? None. This may say something about the youth team set in the 2000ís, but does not mean that anyone who has been good enough has not been given the chance

chateauferret 06-05-2019 02:44 PM

Smug interview from Howe there on MotD given that his lot only beat Spurs with a last minute goal because Spurs lost their tempers and kept getting people sent off.

Let's flush his fat arrogant head down the toilet.

Oli28 06-05-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Lol.

Would certainly be interesting if the club came out and confirmed that, if we won the game, they'd refund everyone half their 18/19 season ticket price, which could actually be done with £3.8m.

Am Phibian 06-05-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogya (Post 14752043)
What Youth players have not been given a chance who have then gone on to make it elsewhere? None. This may say something about the youth team set in the 2000’s, but does not mean that anyone who has been good enough has not been given the chance

And absolutely no guarantee either that Wilf or AWB would be playing at the top level now if they hadn't been given a chance at Palace when they were. They would have left the club as unknowns too and ended up in a lower league first and who knows where their career direction would have gone?

For a young player to know, and the club, if they are actually good enough - mentally too - is for them to be pitched in at the deep end a la AWB. A forced decision that tho' as I said. It's not as if we haven't had a huge amount of wasters and hasbeens in the squads over the last six seasons. Waste of space and money. Younger players in their place would have been a better option/risk even if the vast majority fall by the wayside. Two or three more may not have as well as Wilf and AWB.

dave_who_ru 06-05-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 14752039)

Last youth player to be given a proper chance was Wilf back in 2010

Follow the evidence...

That was a nightmare injury run!

Just looking at the Spurs game where AWB made his debut the bench was as follows:

Lee
Souare
Delaney
Lokilo
Henry
Rakip
Kirby

Given we were just about to slip into the bottom three I agree it was probably more circumstances rather than ability that won the day for AWB. Fosu-Mensah played as centre back so it was desperate times.

Palace Dan 06-05-2019 03:34 PM

People I chat with look at me in astonishment when I say that Bournemouth are one of the dirtiest teams I have seen us play. Would enjoy a nice win next week!

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE (Post 14752025)
Of course we need to blood youngsters, but this will happen in pre season games.

Not the same though as the experience they would get playing in a premier league game.

Percy Dalton 06-05-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Not sure how it's been careless with its money? The money spent has ensured a seventh premier league season and hopefully the foundations for more still. I would suggest overall we have made sound investments. of course some of the investments have not paid off but on the whole we are making good progress.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o 06-05-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 14751833)
Howe talking about Bournemouth having a big summer in the transfer market, letís ensure that they have slightly less cash.

I thought they had FFP restrictions next season..or have they ducked..like they seemed to have done in the last few seasons ?

Stellavista 06-05-2019 06:54 PM

Slapping (metaphorically) Howe's smug chops on the last day of the season will fill me with an enormous sense of well-being.

Since 1968 06-05-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

We did against Middlesbrough and got beat, then the moaners say we don't try in the cup. If he does it this time and lose, they will moan we didn't achieve our highest points total.
That's why he does what he feels is best.

Billy Rhino 06-05-2019 07:12 PM

Our squad is an ageing one and we dont have enough money to simply replace them. Our academy players will hopefully play a part as its essential we bring some through.

BollockyBill 06-05-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

That's pathetic. Go and support someone else then

BillyEagle 06-05-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14752309)
Our squad is an ageing one and we dont have enough money to simply replace them. Our academy players will hopefully play a part as its essential we bring some through.

Absolutely! Let's give them some game time, grab the win and get out of there (well actually stay and applaud the players in what a been a respectable season)!

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Since 1968 (Post 14752304)
We did against Middlesbrough and got beat, then the moaners say we don't try in the cup. If he does it this time and lose, they will moan we didn't achieve our highest points total.
That's why he does what he feels is best.

Thatís odd logic.

Playing a reserve team for a winnable cup game is different to playing a couple of young players in the last game of the season when there are only two places at stake.

I honestly donít think the vast majority of fans would be critical of Hodgson if he played a couple of the under 23 players in this game.

gcwhite 06-05-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14752351)
Thatís odd logic.

I honestly donít think the vast majority of fans would be critical of Hodgson if he played a couple of the under 23 players in this game.

Roy will do what's best for Palace and we should respect that. Thank god he's our manager and not BBS experts.

Another Oxted Eagle 06-05-2019 07:57 PM

A few of you who know me away from the site know that I have a Bournemouth season ticket through work. They are my second team and when we play them I sit there in my Palace scarf to the amusement of the other fans who happily tolerate it. Iíve got to say that I think the fact Bournemouth donít have a mean streak hurts them. They arenít a dirty team at all - arter was hot headed (no longer there), Smith (right back) is a bit snidey and Lermer loves a yellow card but thatís it. I remember one game when they rotated fouls on Wilf and Arter especially was over the top but week in week out thatís not how they play at all.

Iíd say weíve got a way better first 11 than them, I canít think of many players that bournemouth have that I would swap for their Palace counterparts. Maybe Ake at the back, Brooks in the middle and Wilson and thatís it. On the back of that Iíd say Howe is doing a good job.

Eddie Howe does come across a bit smug, I wouldnít argue with that but I think he chooses his words very carefully at all times and tries to keep his emotions in check and very controlled. Itís a shame he doesnít try and be a bit more human in front of the cameras.

PS I of course hope we stuff em

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcwhite (Post 14752361)
Roy will do what's best for Palace and we should respect that. Thank god he's our manager and not BBS experts.

Think youíre getting a bit carried away.

All Iím saying is that I hope we play a couple of youngsters. Forgive me for expecting us to use our academy once in a blue moon.

red&blue_moomin 06-05-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

That money could be the wages of the creative midfielder we desperately need. Or it could enable us to actually buy the midfielder in the first place.

red&blue_moomin 06-05-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14752351)
Thatís odd logic.

Playing a reserve team for a winnable cup game is different to playing a couple of young players in the last game of the season when there are only two places at stake.

Or nearly £5M quid. You did see our accounts right, we made a £35M loss last year.

asus 06-05-2019 09:24 PM

Roy has a lot more information available to him than any of us. We should trust him to make the right decisions as to whether to play youth players or not.

GRAND UNION 06-05-2019 09:26 PM

Why do people want to throw away a chance of extra £4m and a record points total? Plus finishing above the spammers yet again, madness!

Hedgehog 06-05-2019 09:46 PM

Was it Wolves who brought on there back-up keeper on in injury time at the weekend for no reason, other than to give him a minute or two?

Pretty sure it was them. I was watching on my phone with no sound.

red&blue_moomin 06-05-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAND UNION (Post 14752529)
Why do people want to throw away a chance of extra £4m and a record points total? Plus finishing above the spammers yet again, madness!

I know right? Bournemouth are just below us on 45 points they will want to beat us and take our 12th spot. Why on earth would we make a home match, where we already struggle even harder than normal. Pretty sure all of the kids who have a shot of being top flight footballers and who are not 17 are out on loan.

Pva's glue 06-05-2019 10:08 PM

Buys a Jordan ayeu

dave_who_ru 06-05-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14752544)
Was it Wolves who brought on there back-up keeper on in injury time at the weekend for no reason, other than to give him a minute or two?

Pretty sure it was them. I was watching on my phone with no sound.

Nuno made 3 substitutions in the last minute of time added on so make of it what you will.

Billy Rhino 06-05-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Based on what? We've played our "best team" at home all season and we've been rubbish, so what's the harm in trying something different?

Chas 07-05-2019 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old traf (Post 14751766)

This game is worth as much as any other. If we had beaten Brighton just once this season we'd already have those 3 points, and therefore that 3.8 million.

TheCharmer1 07-05-2019 04:35 AM

keep the team the same as Cardiff, and take the shackles off for the first time this season at home! The money for position is very important for a team our size, and it would be nice to finish at home on a positive note.

Mr Palace 07-05-2019 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14752522)
Or nearly £5M quid. You did see our accounts right, we made a £35M loss last year.

Constant short termism. Itís a shame so many seem to get wrapped up in this.

If we hadnít of had an injury crisis we may not have seen AWB. In the process weíve unearthed a £40m asset.

We should focus more on not wasting £120k plus per week on players with limited re-sale value.

Mr Palace 07-05-2019 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14752565)
Based on what? We've played our "best team" at home all season and we've been rubbish, so what's the harm in trying something different?

Spot on. I canít believe people canít see this. Weíve had 18 games of insipid performances at home all season. I canít see the harm in mixing it up slightly. Iíd keep the vast majority of our strongest team but with two of the under 23s.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 07-05-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BollockyBill (Post 14752334)
That's pathetic. Go and support someone else then

Every single post you make is aggressive, argumentative, trolling, bullshit.

F*** off back to North Stand Chat you stupid Brighton troll.

Oh and welcome to my ignore list, you wanker.

pots1970 07-05-2019 08:11 AM

I agree that we should blood more youth but only if they are potentially good enough and have trained with the first team for a while, knowing how rigid Roy is with team shape it would be totally unfair to the young player otherwise. All that said, Woods has trained and so could be brought in, would be great if we were a few goals up and he was given a half.

little al 07-05-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hihi (Post 14751825)

How many "last games" is he getting :D

dave_who_ru 07-05-2019 09:02 AM

The under 23s 'finished' their season on 18 April so they may already be in holiday mode.

orp pisshead1 07-05-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH (Post 14751750)
Just be nice to beat them at home and wipe that smirk off Howe's face let alone the money rewards for the club.

This ^^^^^^ close thread :D:p hate that smug ****.

orp pisshead1 07-05-2019 09:52 AM

Woods is out for rest of season iircc .

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 07-05-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

...That potential money will not mean a jot to me or any other fan. We won’t see the benefits.

We should go out purely to provide some entertainment to the fans who’ve been starved of it for most of the season at Selhurst Park.

Agree 100%. I would love to celebrate a couple of goals from open play - how many times have we been able to spontaneously celebrate this season? It's been DIRE.

Take a risk Roy! Go for it. Attack attack attack. Let's have an end of season party and go out with a bang.

(So nil nil it is then?)

dave_who_ru 07-05-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 (Post 14752741)
Woods is out for rest of season iircc .

Definitely went off injured in the Under 23 game on 15 April but as we know their season has ended.

Cambridge Eagle 07-05-2019 11:17 AM

We could finish 1 point below Watford who by all accounts have had an excellent season. I realise they still have a cup final to play, but barring a miracle they won't win it. Watford were also tipped to finish 7th a couple of weeks ago.

A win in this game would send supporters off much happier going into the summer and I think Roy and the team will be taking it pretty seriously and we will win.

Hector 07-05-2019 12:55 PM

No really to worked up about this game. Only thing for me is that it will likely be Wilf's last game for us.

kolinkins 07-05-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

I couldn’t give 2 hoots about the match tbh. That potential money will not mean a jot to me or any other fan. We won’t see the benefits.

Really? Is, say, us being able to keep Wilf over the last couple of years because of the money generated by the club not been a benefit to the fans?

Don't get me wrong, I think Sunday should be about entertainment but I am not going to dismiss financial concerns if Roy has been told to win rather than tickle the bellies of some fans

glaziers fan 07-05-2019 01:09 PM

It's important that Hodgson "lets the horses run free" and plays the 4 attackers again. That means I'd make just two changes: PVA for Ward, and Benteke for Ayew (if fit). The team Hodgson put out against Cardiff was of the attacking type we should have been playing all season at home.

Spindle 07-05-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

+1

Finishing above those ***** matters to me. I'll be first to tweet that fat WH **** Dom about it too.

ebyeeckeagle 07-05-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14753014)
It's important that Hodgson "lets the horses run free" and plays the 4 attackers again. That means I'd make just two changes: PVA for Ward, and Benteke for Ayew (if fit). The team Hodgson put out against Cardiff was of the attacking type we should have been playing all season at home.

That set up would see us utterly dismantled by the better teams. Fine for some games.

Wilbraham413 07-05-2019 01:59 PM

I think Roy will be going all out for the win. He's not the type to risk anything by putting in some young players. Also consider it's possible Roy may retire after the season, and given how bad we've been at home, I'm sure him and the players will want to end the season with a home win.

I think Benteke will be in for the finale and either Bats/Ayew out.

glaziers fan 07-05-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 14753055)
That set up would see us utterly dismantled by the better teams. Fine for some games.

13 out of 19 for sure. Perhaps play the extra midfielder in the other 6 (although arguably only Man City, Liverpool and Spurs are good enough to warrant it). But for 13 games it's a no-brainer.

AJ 07-05-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

We probably cannot catch WH as they play away at Watford who will rest players like they did before our QF with them. So in reality we could make 2m if we dont lose to Bournmouth. On the other hand 1 player from the u23/youth teams who can show they are good enough to be in the first team squad would save us anywhere from 5-50m.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 07-05-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

If and when we have any that are good enough to step up to the 1st team. At the moment there is nothing to suggest any of them are even close.