CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Big game against Bournemouth (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278950)

Eagle's Away 06-05-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o (Post 14751791)
Just hate everything about Bournemouth..

And now they have that incredibly dirty git, Jefferson Lerma.. (26 games, 16 bookings.. season 2017/18) along with the rest of them, particularly Aki, who fall as if they've been shot when in the opponents pen area they are just a horrible little outfit.

Sod the extra £x m's just beat 'em

I have to say I completely agree. They are absolute masters of constant niggly tackles and yet when one of them gets fouled they writhe about like they dying. They get touted as this poor little club who are plucky under-dogs and yet they have a deep pocketed Russian chairman who keeps a relatively low profile.

davech 06-05-2019 11:47 AM

Go out with a bang. Strongest side and hope that shoddy Bournemouth turn up.

AJ 06-05-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial Empire (Post 14751900)
Easy to say.
Who would you chuck into the team against an energetic and cynical Bournemouth side ? Name names.

tbh i have no idea as very few players from the u-23 even make the first team bench. If there aren't any players in the u23s that are even close to stepping up why are they there(i know that is an unpopular statement)? If Flanaghan is POTY then he deserves a chance, as does Woods, who has been on the bench a couple of times. Can Kirby play?

Am Phibian 06-05-2019 01:49 PM

AWB was a reluctant pick and only got his chance because senior players were injured. He took it and then some. We won't know if any of the other youngsters are up to it unless picked either.

We are way too guarded when it comes to the youth or......our Academy is just not good enough and we are churning out lower league 1and 2 level and non-league level players 95% of the time.

DARZET EAGLE 06-05-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751755)
If we donít give some reserve/academy players a chance in a game like this then when will we. Itís the perfect opportunity. Youíve got to think about the future as well as the short term.

Of course we need to blood youngsters, but this will happen in pre season games.

Yogya 06-05-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 14752015)
AWB was a reluctant pick and only got his chance because senior players were injured. He took it and then some. We won't know if any of the other youngsters are up to it unless picked either.

We are way too guarded when it comes to the youth or......our Academy is just not good enough and we are churning out lower league 1and 2 level and non-league level players 95% of the time.

How do you know reluctant choice? He asked to go out on loan and Hodgson refused because he wanted him in 1st team squad. Doesnít seem that reluctant to me

BERT'S HEAD 06-05-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 14751952)
Lol.

I couldnít give 2 hoots about the match tbh. That potential money will not mean a jot to me or any other fan. We wonít see the benefits.

We should go out purely to provide some entertainment to the fans whoíve been starved of it for most of the season at Selhurst Park.

Have heard should we win, the AW bogs will enjoy Triple Velvet 3-ply dimpled toilet paper for next season, so I'm in.

DARZET EAGLE 06-05-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 14752032)
Have heard should we win, the AW bogs will enjoy Triple Velvet 3-ply dimpled toilet paper for next season, so I'm in.

It's a tissue of lies.

BERT'S HEAD 06-05-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE (Post 14752033)
It's a tissue of lies.

The bastards.

Green Bin 06-05-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14751923)
Not sure Flanagan is ready yet but would be good to see Woods involved even if just from then bench.

Nye Kirby must have finished his loan move so would be nice to see a cameo from a World Cup winner.

Want a decent performance this weekend, would hate to finish on a defeat or a draw, with just 4 wins at home all season (in the league). Besides a win could see us top West Ham if they lose to Watford, or if it's the other way around, we'd be just one point of a team that has had an 'amazing' season

Am Phibian 06-05-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogya (Post 14752028)
How do you know reluctant choice? He asked to go out on loan and Hodgson refused because he wanted him in 1st team squad. Doesn’t seem that reluctant to me

Do you believe AWB would have been picked over 1st and 2nd choice senior defenders if there hadn't had been a long injury list? Really?

Last youth player to be given a proper chance was Wilf back in 2010

Follow the evidence...

Yogya 06-05-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 14752039)
Do you believe AWB would have been picked over 1st and 2nd choice senior defenders if there hadn't had been a long injury list? Really?

Last youth player to be given a proper chance was Wilf back in 2010.

Follow the evidence...

What Youth players have not been given a chance who have then gone on to make it elsewhere? None. This may say something about the youth team set in the 2000ís, but does not mean that anyone who has been good enough has not been given the chance

chateauferret 06-05-2019 02:44 PM

Smug interview from Howe there on MotD given that his lot only beat Spurs with a last minute goal because Spurs lost their tempers and kept getting people sent off.

Let's flush his fat arrogant head down the toilet.

Oli28 06-05-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 14751952)
Lol.

I couldnít give 2 hoots about the match tbh. That potential money will not mean a jot to me or any other fan. We wonít see the benefits.

We should go out purely to provide some entertainment to the fans whoíve been starved of it for most of the season at Selhurst Park.

Would certainly be interesting if the club came out and confirmed that, if we won the game, they'd refund everyone half their 18/19 season ticket price, which could actually be done with £3.8m.

Am Phibian 06-05-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogya (Post 14752043)
What Youth players have not been given a chance who have then gone on to make it elsewhere? None. This may say something about the youth team set in the 2000’s, but does not mean that anyone who has been good enough has not been given the chance

And absolutely no guarantee either that Wilf or AWB would be playing at the top level now if they hadn't been given a chance at Palace when they were. They would have left the club as unknowns too and ended up in a lower league first and who knows where their career direction would have gone?

For a young player to know, and the club, if they are actually good enough - mentally too - is for them to be pitched in at the deep end a la AWB. A forced decision that tho' as I said. It's not as if we haven't had a huge amount of wasters and hasbeens in the squads over the last six seasons. Waste of space and money. Younger players in their place would have been a better option/risk even if the vast majority fall by the wayside. Two or three more may not have as well as Wilf and AWB.

dave_who_ru 06-05-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 14752039)
Do you believe AWB would have been picked over 1st and 2nd choice senior defenders if there hadn't had been a long injury list? Really?

Last youth player to be given a proper chance was Wilf back in 2010

Follow the evidence...

That was a nightmare injury run!

Just looking at the Spurs game where AWB made his debut the bench was as follows:

Lee
Souare
Delaney
Lokilo
Henry
Rakip
Kirby

Given we were just about to slip into the bottom three I agree it was probably more circumstances rather than ability that won the day for AWB. Fosu-Mensah played as centre back so it was desperate times.

Palace Dan 06-05-2019 03:34 PM

People I chat with look at me in astonishment when I say that Bournemouth are one of the dirtiest teams I have seen us play. Would enjoy a nice win next week!

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE (Post 14752025)
Of course we need to blood youngsters, but this will happen in pre season games.

Not the same though as the experience they would get playing in a premier league game.

Percy Dalton 06-05-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 14751801)
I don't think the clubs cares too much about the fans' money and has been rather careless with its own money, so I'm not going to lose sleep over this one.

Not sure how it's been careless with its money? The money spent has ensured a seventh premier league season and hopefully the foundations for more still. I would suggest overall we have made sound investments. of course some of the investments have not paid off but on the whole we are making good progress.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o 06-05-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 14751833)
Howe talking about Bournemouth having a big summer in the transfer market, letís ensure that they have slightly less cash.

I thought they had FFP restrictions next season..or have they ducked..like they seemed to have done in the last few seasons ?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.