CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Big game against Bournemouth (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278950)

Mr Palace 07-05-2019 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14752522)
Or nearly £5M quid. You did see our accounts right, we made a £35M loss last year.

Constant short termism. Itís a shame so many seem to get wrapped up in this.

If we hadnít of had an injury crisis we may not have seen AWB. In the process weíve unearthed a £40m asset.

We should focus more on not wasting £120k plus per week on players with limited re-sale value.

Mr Palace 07-05-2019 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14752565)
Based on what? We've played our "best team" at home all season and we've been rubbish, so what's the harm in trying something different?

Spot on. I canít believe people canít see this. Weíve had 18 games of insipid performances at home all season. I canít see the harm in mixing it up slightly. Iíd keep the vast majority of our strongest team but with two of the under 23s.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 07-05-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BollockyBill (Post 14752334)
That's pathetic. Go and support someone else then

Every single post you make is aggressive, argumentative, trolling, bullshit.

F*** off back to North Stand Chat you stupid Brighton troll.

Oh and welcome to my ignore list, you wanker.

pots1970 07-05-2019 08:11 AM

I agree that we should blood more youth but only if they are potentially good enough and have trained with the first team for a while, knowing how rigid Roy is with team shape it would be totally unfair to the young player otherwise. All that said, Woods has trained and so could be brought in, would be great if we were a few goals up and he was given a half.

little al 07-05-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hihi (Post 14751825)
Hope we see Speroni at some point for his last game for us

How many "last games" is he getting :D

dave_who_ru 07-05-2019 09:02 AM

The under 23s 'finished' their season on 18 April so they may already be in holiday mode.

orp pisshead1 07-05-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH (Post 14751750)
Just be nice to beat them at home and wipe that smirk off Howe's face let alone the money rewards for the club.

This ^^^^^^ close thread :D:p hate that smug ****.

orp pisshead1 07-05-2019 09:52 AM

Woods is out for rest of season iircc .

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 07-05-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 14751952)
...That potential money will not mean a jot to me or any other fan. We won’t see the benefits.

We should go out purely to provide some entertainment to the fans who’ve been starved of it for most of the season at Selhurst Park.

Agree 100%. I would love to celebrate a couple of goals from open play - how many times have we been able to spontaneously celebrate this season? It's been DIRE.

Take a risk Roy! Go for it. Attack attack attack. Let's have an end of season party and go out with a bang.

(So nil nil it is then?)

dave_who_ru 07-05-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 (Post 14752741)
Woods is out for rest of season iircc .

Definitely went off injured in the Under 23 game on 15 April but as we know their season has ended.

Cambridge Eagle 07-05-2019 11:17 AM

We could finish 1 point below Watford who by all accounts have had an excellent season. I realise they still have a cup final to play, but barring a miracle they won't win it. Watford were also tipped to finish 7th a couple of weeks ago.

A win in this game would send supporters off much happier going into the summer and I think Roy and the team will be taking it pretty seriously and we will win.

Hector 07-05-2019 12:55 PM

No really to worked up about this game. Only thing for me is that it will likely be Wilf's last game for us.

kolinkins 07-05-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 14751952)

I couldn’t give 2 hoots about the match tbh. That potential money will not mean a jot to me or any other fan. We won’t see the benefits.

Really? Is, say, us being able to keep Wilf over the last couple of years because of the money generated by the club not been a benefit to the fans?

Don't get me wrong, I think Sunday should be about entertainment but I am not going to dismiss financial concerns if Roy has been told to win rather than tickle the bellies of some fans

glaziers fan 07-05-2019 01:09 PM

It's important that Hodgson "lets the horses run free" and plays the 4 attackers again. That means I'd make just two changes: PVA for Ward, and Benteke for Ayew (if fit). The team Hodgson put out against Cardiff was of the attacking type we should have been playing all season at home.

Spindle 07-05-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAND UNION (Post 14752529)
Why do people want to throw away a chance of extra £4m and a record points total? Plus finishing above the spammers yet again, madness!

+1

Finishing above those ***** matters to me. I'll be first to tweet that fat WH **** Dom about it too.

ebyeeckeagle 07-05-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14753014)
It's important that Hodgson "lets the horses run free" and plays the 4 attackers again. That means I'd make just two changes: PVA for Ward, and Benteke for Ayew (if fit). The team Hodgson put out against Cardiff was of the attacking type we should have been playing all season at home.

That set up would see us utterly dismantled by the better teams. Fine for some games.

Wilbraham413 07-05-2019 01:59 PM

I think Roy will be going all out for the win. He's not the type to risk anything by putting in some young players. Also consider it's possible Roy may retire after the season, and given how bad we've been at home, I'm sure him and the players will want to end the season with a home win.

I think Benteke will be in for the finale and either Bats/Ayew out.

glaziers fan 07-05-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 14753055)
That set up would see us utterly dismantled by the better teams. Fine for some games.

13 out of 19 for sure. Perhaps play the extra midfielder in the other 6 (although arguably only Man City, Liverpool and Spurs are good enough to warrant it). But for 13 games it's a no-brainer.

AJ 07-05-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAND UNION (Post 14752529)
Why do people want to throw away a chance of extra £4m and a record points total? Plus finishing above the spammers yet again, madness!

We probably cannot catch WH as they play away at Watford who will rest players like they did before our QF with them. So in reality we could make 2m if we dont lose to Bournmouth. On the other hand 1 player from the u23/youth teams who can show they are good enough to be in the first team squad would save us anywhere from 5-50m.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 07-05-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751755)
If we donít give some reserve/academy players a chance in a game like this then when will we. Itís the perfect opportunity. Youíve got to think about the future as well as the short term.

If and when we have any that are good enough to step up to the 1st team. At the moment there is nothing to suggest any of them are even close.