CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LGBT Protests outside primary schools (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279115)

Littlecaesar 31-05-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan the man (Post 14777292)
Why does this crap have to be taught in schools. It's ******** weird, and i see no benefit to a child's education from it. 100% with the Muslims on this. Good for them, frankly.

Peak bellendery!

Wolfnipplechips 31-05-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Why does this crap have to be taught in schools. It's ******** weird, and i see no benefit to a child's education from it. 100% with the Muslims on this. Good for them, frankly.

2/10

Must try harder.
See me.

Skintagain 31-05-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 14777641)
2/10

Must try harder.
See me.

No thanks.

WIZARD 31-05-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogstar721 (Post 14777598)
Actually its the rights of children that are affected, not LBGT+ or parents.

The question is whether or not the state has an obligation to educate children in issues regarding gender and sexuality as part of an educational curriculum. Given that the state does in fact instruct children in terms of common gender and sexuality, it seems reasonable to conclude that this presents only a very limited education, given that society is more complex.

As such, its reasonable for the state to expand its gender education to reflect the wider facts, or it would need to remove reference to a hetrosexual gender from its educational programs (in order to avoid teaching a false basis of gender to students which had no educational basis).

Pragmatically, that's impossible. I'm afraid these parents are just wrong, whether their Catholic, Muslim or Hindu. The role of education is to provide a factual understand of the world and skills necessary to function in modern society - not to pander to what pressure groups believe in.

Completely agree with you.

When will the Government just say this is how it is and that is the end of the matter, teachers should not have to deal with this alone - they need state back up)

(Caveat - I do know present Govt. are absolutely useless!)

Leap of faith 31-05-2019 03:07 PM

Many verses in the Koran are incompatible with developed western culture when practised literally. Something has to give, either we go backwards or Islam gets modernised.

weltklasse 31-05-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leap of faith (Post 14777782)
Many verses in the Koran are incompatible with developed western culture when practised literally. Something has to give, either we go backwards or Islam gets modernised.

the same would apply to Christian holy texts and probably other religions too.... Next.

Timbo 31-05-2019 04:26 PM

Why is it always the same few people, expounding the same views as ever, on threads of this nature?

ExiledStirling 31-05-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 14777834)
Why is it always the same few people, expounding the same views as ever, on threads of this nature?

That is true of any threads that have a common theme. It tends to work on the basis that if you have an interest in the subject and a point of view you want express you post. I have little interest in films so I rarely if ever post on threads about them.

Apologies if you were making a deeper point and were actually hinting that you disagreed with many of the posts on here without actually posting your own two penny worth.

CP-RJW 31-05-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 14777834)

The guys using any excuse to bash Muslims on any thread remotely to do with them? I agree. It’s tiresome as hell.

Percy Dalton 31-05-2019 04:53 PM

As a father and now grandfather I would have no problem with my children/grandchildren learning about relationships and all that entails. However I would object if this subject was introduced at too young an age. Certainly IMHO 5 is too young an ideal age I would suggest is 10 or 11 just before a child moves onto senior school and just before puberty kicks in and they start to be curious about sex and relationships.

Children have enough pressures today and we need to let them be children for as long as possible. I also believe that just like preparing your child for school, teaching them to read, write and basic arithmetic. As far as possible and at the right time for the child, parents should lay the ground work for relationship education.

Reps AJ 31-05-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Oh, poor Stan. Someone needs a hug from another man.

adrenalin john 31-05-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leap of faith (Post 14777782)

Timothy 2:12, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

1 Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'

Exodus 22:18: "Do not allow a sorceress to live."

Psalm 137, : "Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us / He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

Romans 1:27, "In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error."

Ephesians 5:22, "Wives, submit to you husbands as to the Lord";

1 Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel."

Another blood-curdling tale from the Book of Judges, where an Israelite man is trapped in a house by a hostile crowd, and sends out his concubine to placate them:

“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

CP-RJW 31-05-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Percy Dalton (Post 14777847)
As a father and now grandfather I would have no problem with my children/grandchildren learning about relationships and all that entails. However I would object if this subject was introduced at too young an age. Certainly IMHO 5 is too young an ideal age I would suggest is 10 or 11 just before a child moves onto senior school and just before puberty kicks in and they start to be curious about sex and relationships.

Children have enough pressures today and we need to let them be children for as long as possible. I also believe that just like preparing your child for school, teaching them to read, write and basic arithmetic. As far as possible and at the right time for the child, parents should lay the ground work for relationship education.

Read through the whole thread, and you’ll see why that thinking is incredibly flawed. Children don’t first encounter LGBTQ people when they turn ten or eleven, and they generally find out or feel that they’re ‘different’ long before that.

It’s nothing to do with sex. It’s literally just saying ‘some people have two mummies, some men love other men’ etc etc. Children know about relationships before they even start primary school. They know the concept of a boyfriend and girlfriend, husband and wife etc. This is normalising LGBTQ relationships and such at a young age so they don’t become bigoted twats. As things stand, kids are calling each other gay as an insult by the time they’re 8.

As you can clearly see from the protests, not all parents can be trusted to teach kids about ‘relationship education’ as far as LGBTQ people. Or the fact that LGBTQ Young people are much, much more likely to become homeless because of neglection and violence from their own families.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.huf...00f94fe94cf6b/

CP-RJW 31-05-2019 05:26 PM

Is this ‘kids don’t care about sex or relationships until *insert age*’ often said by older generations a product of what childhood was like back in their day? I can’t speak with any authority on how kids grew up before the 2000s, but it seems like you took longer to grow up and learn about the world. Largely down to less/no internet access, no social media etc I’d assume. Probably also due to less LGBTQ people being open about their sexuality too. I think kids grow up and learn things quicker these days. Keep that in mind when talking about issues like this.

TopKnot 31-05-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

As a parent of a 4 year old boy, I disagree entirely with everything in this post. I will do and am doing everything I can to normalise non-heterosexual relationships and non-binary genders for him. That doesn’t involve teaching him about sodomy and cunilingus, it involves explaining to him that sometimes boys can love other boys and girls can love other girls, and some boys/girls prefer to look like girls/boys, and there’s nothing wrong with that, and everyone is different.

I hope he will grow up with an open and accepting mind and not feel fear and prejudice because the realities were shielded from him. And if he does turn out to be gay then he will know that he doesn’t need to feel like like a freak and he will get nothing but love and support from me.

Educating kids about the realities of life is just as important, if not more important, than teaching them to add numbers together.

dogstar721 31-05-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14777866)
Is this ‘kids don’t care about sex or relationships until *insert age*’ often said by older generations a product of what childhood was like back in their day? I can’t speak with any authority on how kids grew up before the 2000s, but it seems like you took longer to grow up and learn about the world. Largely down to less/no internet access, no social media etc I’d assume. Probably also due to less LGBTQ people being open about their sexuality too. I think kids grow up and learn things quicker these days. Keep that in mind when talking about issues like this.

yep, and children develop a kind of sexual being long before the hit pubity. Purity kicks in the drives, but usually children start development of sexual curiosity and sensations around a much younger age 6-8. This tends to start with mimicry and play.

Jules 31-05-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14776728)
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.huf...00cfa19666528/

Esther McVey Says 'Parents Know Best' Over LGBT Lessons In Schools.

https://twitter.com/paulsinha/status...714960897?s=21

bubbs11 31-05-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 14777858)
Timothy 2:12, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

I’ve never read that passage before. Maybe there is something in this bible nonsense after all.

old git 31-05-2019 06:18 PM

Leviticus was right about shellfish though. Apart from prawns obviously.

Yoda 31-05-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Could you be more specific about what you think the 5 year olds are being taught?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I suspect you’re more concerned about this than you need to be. It will be age appropriate in Primary, and not the reproduction stuff that’s taught around age 10/11.