CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Music Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Crystal Palace guitars (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254722)

Chillo 19-02-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west eagle (Post 13443042)
I see most play electrics but just wanted to ask advice anyone has on electric acoustics.

Just sold my Limited edition Lag, and now looking at a Tak or a Taylor both +500 so if anyone have one/played/ bought /tried be grateful for your thoughts.

Specifically looking at the Tak Gn93ce or a entry level Taylor114ce

I have a few electro-acoustics, all Ovation and I love the feel of them - all small bowl-backed as well, so neatly fitting into your body.

My Ovation Pinnacle six string used to be my favourite, until I got an Ovation 12 string and the sounds is just superb. :p

Another Oxted Eagle 19-02-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13502225)
Beautiful. I've been toying with the idea of a LPJ for sometime - I like the double cutaway version - but not sure what I'd use it for, as I already have a '76 Les Paul and the '82 SG2000.
They're just so pretty though......

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5adb7de226.jpg

Lol , yes, gorgeous.

Don't get me wrong , I love this vintage one but to my ears/fingers there's not much between it and a Gibson custom shop '57 RI that I owned and stupidly sold last year and that was a lot cheaper

CPFC_Fan 27-02-2017 08:11 PM

Before the Middlesbrough game on saturday I took a trip down to the scene of our last victory in the league, Bournemouth, and picked up a new toy....

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...psaq2fomkp.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...psau96krp3.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...psi4kvxwmf.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...pskpvuxtgi.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...psvdlbyujp.jpg


This is now my 2008 Taylor 814ce and my word it's a pretty thing. Not to mention a full bodied sounding guitar! Just feels premium all over.

Lombardo 888 03-03-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC_Fan (Post 13443592)
I got a takamine and love it to bits. IMO the only guitar in the shop I bought it from that was a bit better was a Taylor that cost nearly 7k. Personally would go for the Tak as it's more bang for your buck.

I have a 12 string Takamine which I don't play much. I try to play finger style and the 12 string set up doesn't really suit. I was looking at possible alternatives to string set up so I can get more out of this nice guitar and read that Rickenbacker string their 12 strings with the lower string of the pair on top as opposed to most 12 strings which have the higher string of the pair on top. Roger McGuinn of the Byrds plays one (expertly).

I restrung it with the pairs of strings the other way round and wow, what a difference. It sounds fantastic and now I can play it as I want. It is currently at Feline Guitars having the nut and saddle sorted to properly accommodate the new set up. In the meantime, I have been on YouTube working through some tutorials on Roger McGuinn stuff especially Turn Turn Turn. Sounds good on a six string but I am really looking forward to getting the 12 string back to see what it sounds like on that.

hughff 30-03-2017 09:29 PM

http://www.cortguitars.com/uFiles//p...rce-BV(CR).png
I bought one of these this week. It has a nice neck, especially for the price, and a sweet tone in the neck position.

biggus mickus 07-04-2017 05:38 PM

Get Maidstoned toput a picture of his new guitar. My other half made it for him.

Maidstoned Eagle 07-04-2017 06:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
She made all these

biggus mickus 08-04-2017 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13565256)
She made all these

Lol.

Palace Guard 21-05-2017 11:47 AM

Change on a monthly basis...
current line up.
Gibson Les Paul Standard (94)
Gibson Les Paul Studio (2011)
90's 335 Copy
Fender Stratocaster (Highway one sunburst)
Fender Stratocaster (70's model, white)
Fender Stratocaster (black, replaced the gold one)


http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/u...psddbtumwz.jpg
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps61l6zvb3.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/u...pswyhjx1jk.jpg
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/u...psczhj9rxm.jpg

Another Oxted Eagle 21-05-2017 12:19 PM

Nice work PG, you've got some classics there for sure.

Tim of the 80's 23-06-2017 12:30 PM

It's our 25th in a few weeks. My wife is getting a nice new ring. She has bought me one of these.
http://www.guitar-bass.net/wp-conten...DCB-BK_2PU.jpg

Pidster 24-07-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's (Post 13701621)
It's our 25th in a few weeks. My wife is getting a nice new ring. She has bought me one of these.
http://www.guitar-bass.net/wp-conten...DCB-BK_2PU.jpg

Nice. Have you received it yet?

Tim of the 80's 26-07-2017 06:45 AM

Kind of. It's at home, checked over once and since unused, but will be rehearsed with next Tuesday and played during a very short set at our party the following Saturday.

Stellavista 02-08-2017 10:28 PM

Like that, Tim. OK, folks, Mesa combos. Anyone own or tried out the Nomad, or would recommend another model? Ideally after two or more channels with footswitch. Can get a Nomad for under 500. For my SG2000 - the Vibrolux doesn't quite cut it.

Kidofwonder 04-08-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13502225)
Beautiful. I've been toying with the idea of a LPJ for sometime - I like the double cutaway version - but not sure what I'd use it for, as I already have a '76 Les Paul and the '82 SG2000.
They're just so pretty though......

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5adb7de226.jpg

if you're still in the market for a LPJ there is a British company that makes custom LPJ's for under a grand.

Never played one but meant to be pretty great for the price and handmade in UK.

Probably have to upgrade some of the parts but build quality meant to pretty legit.

Stellavista 04-08-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 13760880)
if you're still in the market for a LPJ there is a British company that makes custom LPJ's for under a grand.

Never played one but meant to be pretty great for the price and handmade in UK.

Probably have to upgrade some of the parts but build quality meant to pretty legit.



Thanks, KOW, but if I do get one, it will be a vintage model. Still too enamoured with the SG2000 to consider anything much else at the moment. Dallas Rangemaster and Mesa amp next for me. Having a bit of a clear out and will sell Mesa 1 x 15 80's bass cab, '95 lefty MIM Tele and TC Electronics Toneprint Bass Combo, none of which I use very often. Will part finance next splurge. :)

Also got to concentrate on upgrading the kids set ups now they are definitely hooked and more proficient. That will cost me..

Kidofwonder 04-08-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13760974)
Thanks, KOW, but if I do get one, it will be a vintage model. Still too enamoured with the SG2000 to consider anything much else at the moment. Dallas Rangemaster and Mesa amp next for me. Having a bit of a clear out and will sell Mesa 1 x 15 80's bass cab, '95 lefty MIM Tele and TC Electronics Toneprint Bass Combo, none of which I use very often. Will part finance next splurge. :)

Also got to concentrate on upgrading the kids set ups now they are definitely hooked and more proficient. That will cost me..

If you bave bits of gear you're looking to offload PM me, I'm always in the market for pedals especially.

Stellavista 06-08-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 13761052)
If you bave bits of gear you're looking to offload PM me, I'm always in the market for pedals especially.

Will do, but I am a bit of a pedal head myself, so tend to horde them. ;)

Kidofwonder 21-08-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13762768)
Will do, but I am a bit of a pedal head myself, so tend to horde them. ;)

Fair enough! If you are interested i've got to play some really interesting rare guitars lately, namely a Gretsch all hollow country gentlemen from the 1960's that was worth so much money I barely wanted to touch it!

Stellavista 22-08-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 13792596)
Fair enough! If you are interested i've got to play some really interesting rare guitars lately, namely a Gretsch all hollow country gentlemen from the 1960's that was worth so much money I barely wanted to touch it!

Where did you do that? Admittedly, I don't have a great memory these days, but I think the only Gretsch I've tried I didn't get on with the neck. Beautiful looking guitars though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.