CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Den Haag Eagle 21-08-2017 05:59 PM

In the interview on Dutch tv he said JR had pain in his groin. I guess it's the accent :-)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-08-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den Haag Eagle (Post 13792489)
In the interview on Dutch tv he said JR had pain in his groin. I guess it's the accent :-)

Haha... So groin pains being heard/ reported as growing pains. That's quite funny. I did say I wondered if there was some confusion due to the language.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-08-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly eagle (Post 13792266)
Going back a few year Evra and Vidic were absolutely trash for united for a full 6 months.

Not sure how you can judge a player after 1 game when the whole team bar 1 player were also terrible.

Then again people want to sack the manager after 1 game, so I shouldn't be surprised

No one is writing him off or making a final judgement about him.

We can only discuss him on the basis of what he has done so far. And that was very poor. So it is understandable there is a bit of concern about the signing at the moment. Nothing more than that.

Lombardo's hair 21-08-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13792403)
Blimey, he's done worse than that before and not got boo'd :).

Sorry meant to add it was because huddersfield started closing him down bit he kept passing it to him

Lombardo's hair 21-08-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13792447)
Nah, not unless Hennessey was in the centre circle.

Hennessey in centre circle impossible isn't ir. Never leaves 6 yard box

H.Bomb 22-08-2017 08:29 AM

Give the lad time.

cockles 22-08-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.Bomb (Post 13793359)
Give the lad time.

The squad currently has him as 1st choice LCB of the back 3.
Delaney is down as his backup, and he wasn't even selected for the bench in any match so far.

Time is not a luxury we have if this back 3 system is to be persisted with.
The squad has not been set up to allow him time. So in this context, as things are: poor signing.

He's 21 in a few weeks. It really doesn't look like he has central defender build and will always be flagged up as a vulnerability in our defence by opponent scouts.

Thefunkymonk 22-08-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13793540)
Delaney is down as his backup, and he wasn't even selected for the bench in any match so far.

The squad has not been set up to allow him time. So in this context, as things are: poor signing.

He's 21 in a few weeks. It really doesn't look like a central defender in build and will always be flagged up as a vulnerability in our defence by opponent scouts.

He wasn't that bad at all. Dann should of taken on mounie tbh.. but let him peel of in reidewald. He did some good stuff, read the game Well, some nice tackles, interceptions. Don't think he had a bad game.. there was worse out there.

What didn't probably help is people ******* booing him for passing it back to Hennessey. Twats.

He will be fine. Our issues are the wing backs.. mainly ward.

SEEPEEEFFSEE 22-08-2017 10:47 AM

This is the problem for continental footballers joining the PL. Their football is played at snails pace in comparison and it takes time to adjust having opposition players bolting towards you the second the ball lands at your feet.

Martin H 22-08-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 13793543)
He wasn't that bad at all. Dann should of taken on mounie tbh.. but let him peel of in reidewald. He did some good stuff, read the game Well, some nice tackles, interceptions. Don't think he had a bad game.. there was worse out there.

What didn't probably help is people ******* booing him for passing it back to Hennessey. Twats.

He will be fine. Our issues are the wing backs.. mainly ward.

Agree. Damn this is getting silly now.

I do think we still have a problem in the CCB position and we do need a better option there. Dann will be fine when we expect to defend for 90 mins or so and stay compact and deep but whenever we look to go forward I just think he will get horribly exposed for pace and TBH reading of the game. I hate to say it again but for consistency, he does have this tendency to blooper at least once a match where he will do something inexplicable. FDB might coach the latter out of him but I don't think he can make him run or think faster. The caveat might be that Jairo and Timbo can provide sufficient cover with their pace but not sure about that. The real problem being that if Dann instinctively sits deeper to compensate the gap between the 'front and back' of the team stretches and midfield players have far too much ground to cover and it starts to fall apart. The other factor that I don't think FDB can fix is that the guy in the middle of a 3 really needs to be dominant in the air. The sort that will aggressively get a head on the ball whatever is happening. Dann has quite a bad habit of pulling and pushing and not jumping at all.

I can wrap this back up with a lot of positives (undoubtedly there) but the overall judgement would still be that we need someone and preferably someone vocal who organises.

RDSdaEAGLE 23-08-2017 04:24 PM

He had groin pains. Not growing pains.

Nostrils 25-08-2017 06:31 PM

Is he fit for tomorrow?

BUNGLE 25-08-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13793540)

He's 21 in a few weeks. It really doesn't look like he has central defender build and will always be flagged up as a vulnerability in our defence by opponent scouts.

1 game

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-08-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13800084)
Is he fit for tomorrow?

I believe so. Expected to start.

Eagle Kneevil 26-08-2017 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13800512)
I believe so. Expected to start.

I have a gut feel that he'll be man of the match. Could be borborygmus, mind.

bubbs11 26-08-2017 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13800084)
Is he fit for tomorrow?

Yes, but he'll need a new kit and boots cos he's grown out of the last pair. Gonna cost us a fortune!

davemorris04 26-08-2017 10:48 AM

Awful signing. It now seems he was our entire transfer budget. Ridiculous to sign a youngster with no PL experience, who appears by all accounts to have no defensive ability as a defender in a back 3.

eagleborn 26-08-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 13800902)
Awful signing. It now seems he was our entire transfer budget. Ridiculous to sign a youngster with no PL experience, who appears by all accounts to have no defensive ability as a defender in a back 3.

:rolleyes: knee jerk slightly....

He's played one ******* game.

davemorris04 26-08-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagleborn (Post 13800905)
:rolleyes: knee jerk slightly....

He's played one ******* game.

He was woeful against Huddersfield and made no attempt to defend the first goal, proper schoolboy stuff. I have seen videos of him at Ajax which seem to also suggest he has very little defensive abilities.

Even if he becomes average which I think is the best we can hope for, it is still an awful signing. If we only had 8m it should have gone on a decent keeper or a striker.

Martin H 26-08-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 13800902)

WTF!