CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Martin H 19-01-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAM (Post 15068274)
He doesn't want to leave, it is out of the context. He Said about the past that he asked IF he can get out for a loan but the answer was no. Then he made a switch in his Head and want to stay because he was happy with everything no matter IF there comes an opportunity to play.

OK cool - thx.

Sick Bucket 20-01-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey (Post 15068231)
Those quotes have been taken somewhat out of context from a longer article here
https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetba...rden~ac283f3f/
(It's in Dutch but Google Translate does a fine job on it.)

True, he doesn't sound entirely settled. But he also says "I'm in a good city, the guys in the team like me. I'm having a good time. I am well received. We laugh a lot at the club."

Thanks for that, I'm fluent in Dutch and have read the article, he does say...

Zijn verbintenis loopt nog door tot de zomer van 2021. ,,Met een optie voor nog een jaar…”, vult hij aan. Als het aan hem ligt, verlaat hij Londen voor die tijd.

contract runs until 2021 with an option to extend another year but if its down to him I'll leave London before then.

but then later says...

Ik ga in februari met mijn vader en moeder praten. Echt goed zitten. En dan kijken wat het beste is voor mij en mijn carrière.”

In Feb I'll sit down with my mum and dad and have a proper conversation about what's best for my career.

TBH I think the whole article is fair enough, basic summary... wasn't happy not playing, asked to go out on loan but Roy always said no cos of injuries. No real problem at the club gets on well with his teammates and has a laughs. Would consider going back to Holland to play.

I reckon, only a guess, if he's still starting games in Feb then his best bet would be to stay exactly where he is and establish himself as a first-team regular which for the first time since being here is looking quite possible!

Jim Cannon 20-01-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15069290)
I reckon, only a guess, if he's still starting games in Feb then his best bet would be to stay exactly where he is and establish himself as a first-team regular which for the first time since being here is looking quite possible!

It all depends on whether he gets dumped completely out of the matchday squad when others come back from injury. And it wouldn't surprise me if that is exactly what does happen. Don't know why, but Roy and Ray just don't seem to want to use him. I know plenty are suggesting him for a place in midfield, but we are well stocked there so he has a real job on his hands getting a place.

GrayP41ace 20-01-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 15069304)
It all depends on whether he gets dumped completely out of the matchday squad when others come back from injury. And it wouldn't surprise me if that is exactly what does happen. Don't know why, but Roy and Ray just don't seem to want to use him. I know plenty are suggesting him for a place in midfield, but we are well stocked there so he has a real job on his hands getting a place.

The big difference is Jairo himself says he wanted to knuckle down after the failed loan move, and there was definitely a time where him not being happy, not sure about his future and wanting to go out on loan was evident in his performances for the under 23's/cup games.

He has however kicked on and put in very good performances for the first team, thus proving to Roy he is able and willing. I think he's much more likely to get games in several positions now, than he would have before.

I think his emergence as a reliable player has been down to a multitude of things. He wasn't happy, he wasn't playing, he trained and did what was asked of him, but seems little more than that. That's never a bad thing, but that's never going to turn heads when you are down the pecking order. You need to make a mark or a statement. There is also every chance he is a better player, more reliable and mature after 3 seasons than he was back then and on top of that Roy trusts him.

Whilst he may not take the place of the Jimmy's/Luka/Kouyate right now, they are all considerably older than him in football terms, and in this set-up, he will replace one of them eventually, as well as at LB after his performances IMO.

Lombardo's hair 20-01-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 15069304)

We may be well stocked in midfield but lack one who is very comfortable on the ball and a good passer. Meyer is also one especially when trying to inject urgency into our forward movements. Having a string of work horses is fine but its thoroughbreds that earn the money.

GreatGonzo 20-01-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambeth Palace (Post 15067384)
Two deep lying ball carrying defensive midfielders playing in front of the back four in a 4-2-3-1 formation popularised in Spanish league football in the late 90s by coaches like Victor Fernandez. It's out of fashion currently as it's considered too defensive but, Jairo would be perfect for anyone wanting to play that way.

Too defensive? We play 4-3-2-1! We have 3 defensive mids so he would fit perfectly in our system.

Jim Cannon 20-01-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayP41ace (Post 15069526)
The big difference is Jairo himself says he wanted to knuckle down after the failed loan move, and there was definitely a time where him not being happy, not sure about his future and wanting to go out on loan was evident in his performances for the under 23's/cup games.

He has however kicked on and put in very good performances for the first team, thus proving to Roy he is able and willing. I think he's much more likely to get games in several positions now, than he would have before.

I think his emergence as a reliable player has been down to a multitude of things. He wasn't happy, he wasn't playing, he trained and did what was asked of him, but seems little more than that. That's never a bad thing, but that's never going to turn heads when you are down the pecking order. You need to make a mark or a statement. There is also every chance he is a better player, more reliable and mature after 3 seasons than he was back then and on top of that Roy trusts him.

Whilst he may not take the place of the Jimmy's/Luka/Kouyate right now, they are all considerably older than him in football terms, and in this set-up, he will replace one of them eventually, as well as at LB after his performances IMO.

Some very good points. Funnily enough you say Jimmy/Luka/Kouyate, but what about James M? He's playing well too, then there is Schlupp to come back as well as Luka. No way will Jimmy Mac get dropped at the moment, and Kouyate unlikely but the other spot is up for grabs

Celestial Empire 20-01-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 15069796)
Some very good points. Funnily enough you say Jimmy/Luka/Kouyate, but what about James M? He's playing well too, then there is Schlupp to come back as well as Luka. No way will Jimmy Mac get dropped at the moment, and Kouyate unlikely but the other spot is up for grabs

Plenty of room for some (well deserved) rotation then ?

Old Joe Paxton 20-01-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 15069540)
We may be well stocked in midfield but lack one who is very comfortable on the ball and a good passer. Meyer is also one especially when trying to inject urgency into our forward movements. Having a string of work horses is fine but its thoroughbreds that earn the money.

We appreciate that but..

Sick Bucket 20-01-2020 06:18 PM

I wanna see PVA and JR playing together and I'm probably the only person that thinks this but I'd keep JR at LB and play PVA in front of him.

brooklynlou 20-01-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15069856)
I wanna see PVA and JR playing together and I'm probably the only person that thinks this but I'd keep JR at LB and play PVA in front of him.

If we sell Wilf in the summer you may get your wish.

orp pisshead1 20-01-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15069290)
Thanks for that, I'm fluent in Dutch and have read the article, he does say...

Zijn verbintenis loopt nog door tot de zomer van 2021. ,,Met een optie voor nog een jaar…”, vult hij aan. Als het aan hem ligt, verlaat hij Londen voor die tijd.

contract runs until 2021 with an option to extend another year but if its down to him I'll leave London before then.

but then later says...

Ik ga in februari met mijn vader en moeder praten. Echt goed zitten. En dan kijken wat het beste is voor mij en mijn carrière.”

In Feb I'll sit down with my mum and dad and have a proper conversation about what's best for my career.

TBH I think the whole article is fair enough, basic summary... wasn't happy not playing, asked to go out on loan but Roy always said no cos of injuries. No real problem at the club gets on well with his teammates and has a laughs. Would consider going back to Holland to play.

Agree and I’d put the lad in midfield once pva is fit .

Old Bill 20-01-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 (Post 15069864)
Agree and I’d put the lad in midfield once pva is fit .

I agree too. We have never had enough top class players to rotate the squad, but perhaps we soon will, in midfield at least .

orp pisshead1 20-01-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Bill (Post 15069933)
I agree too. We have never had enough top class players to rotate the squad, but perhaps we soon will, in midfield at least .

:p
He gives us something different and the lads fitness is clearly there now and his defending is coming on. He looks a talent when he ventures forward too.

TWELLSEagle 20-01-2020 09:14 PM

I will say it again. We will be utterly insane to let this kid leave. I have an awfully palace sense of inevitability that we will though. Could be worth £40M in a few years.

EaglesSnapBack 21-01-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle (Post 15070123)
I will say it again. We will be utterly insane to let this kid leave. I have an awfully palace sense of inevitability that we will though. Could be worth £40M in a few years.

Would be a big shame, need to get to safety ASAP so Roy has a bit more flexibility

cpfcfan1 28-01-2020 01:24 PM

Been voted player of the month

stinky 28-01-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 (Post 15080456)
Been voted player of the month

Good for him. Thoroughly deserved.

ardeo 28-01-2020 01:40 PM

Actually looks like he's now our best defensive LB, but still prefer PVA because he's vital for our attacking play. Seems he's been a bit unlucky covering two of our more depth filled positions but with the ageing squad it shouldn't be too hard to get him to stay as heir apparent for LB or CM.

CP-RJW 28-01-2020 03:17 PM