CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

eagle-leg 12-09-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13841338)
Why would selling him make any sense to either party? Young, versatile with potential that's trying to push his way into the team - perfect for us. He's also likely to be earning more than in Holland (which is a short flight away) and if he applies himself could really make a name for himself. He doesn't need FdB holding his hand either.

This. If hes a decent player he'll do well.

At the moment i would suggest it makes more sense to use him in midfield.

Get him on the weights though and he might make a decent centre half.

Also needs time to adjust to the pace of the game in England. Thats why it didnt make sense FDB chucking him in at the deep end against Huddersfield.

Tim 12-09-2017 01:44 PM

He'll be back in Holland as soon as the window opens.

CP Satellite 13-09-2017 01:29 PM

Valerien Ismale Mkll.

Payroll Legend 13-09-2017 01:30 PM

We don't know yet do we.

JamTheEagle 13-09-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13841072)
Quite.

I've seen several sneery comments about Huddersfield, as if they're a non-league team and 'beneath' us.

They were promoted from a v competitive league and were always going to be a potential banana skin opponent.

When the season starts, they've as much right to be in the Prem as us. They might well struggle later once their first 11 have injuries and suspensions, but until then they should have been viewed with more respect.

They were organised before the season started, for the fourth consecutive year - we were not.

PauLo 14-09-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylona (Post 13841149)
I suspect a return to Holland for a cut price fee could happen.

Why? He played a full year without de Boer at Ajax. He's still playing in a team that plays in one of the biggest leagues in the world. He's probably earning a good deal more than he'd get back in Holland too. He's also played one full game (where everyone was bad) and 10 minutes where he looked useful, albeit for a short amount of time (wayward pass aside). Why on earth would we then sell him and for less than we bought him for?

alexcpfc 14-09-2017 11:30 AM

Jairo is a good player more suited to the DM role in my opinion. Let him and Luka fight it out. We have competition for that place.

Martin H 14-09-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexcpfc (Post 13845140)
Jairo is a good player more suited to the DM role in my opinion. Let him and Luka fight it out. We have competition for that place.

I can see Roy playing with 2 DMs, especially against the bigger clubs and so he should get a chance. Roy handled Dier very well and will recognise that in Jairo if it's there.

alexcpfc 14-09-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13845144)
I can see Roy playing with 2 DMs, especially against the bigger clubs and so he should get a chance. Roy handled Dier very well and will recognise that in Jairo if it's there.

Will be an interesting option when needed. We have plenty of competition for places apart from GK, ST and maybe the wingers so all is not lost. Still think we have decent side and it is a simple case of Back to Basics and do what were good at.

Tomo 14-09-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13841287)
That's a big claim based on very little evidence so far. I think Riedewald will come good but he will do well to surpass the player Luka is.

I love Luka as much as the next man, hes undoubtedly good, but weve seen some weaknesses in his game this season (which is probably down to FdB), but we saw similar last year after hed played a few games, that mistakes can creep in, particularly once he played a few games on the trot. Im sure Riewdewald could be on par with him.

T.C. 14-09-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexcpfc (Post 13845140)
Jairo is .... more suited to the DM role in my opinion

Based on?

He looks nothing like tough enough to me.

CharlieCPFC 14-09-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.C. (Post 13845566)
Based on?

You don't necessarily need to be a complete destroyer to play there, Luka is hardly the most physical presence. If he can read the game defensively and have composure in possession he could well be very effective there.

Owngoal 14-09-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.C. (Post 13845566)
Based on?

Some of the toughest players looked like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

Nostrils 14-09-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13845144)

Agree, also having a DM in there that's not scared to pass the ball forward will be a huge bonus. Honestly think that wayward pass was nerves after the Huddersfield game, I think it may have been his first touch.

16eagles 14-09-2017 07:51 PM

I know they are both left footed but I would have him centre half with Sakho would complement each other well. Also thats his natural position. He has class you can see with his movement off the ball.

Mr Palace 14-09-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 13845156)
I love Luka as much as the next man, hes undoubtedly good, but weve seen some weaknesses in his game this season (which is probably down to FdB), but we saw similar last year after hed played a few games, that mistakes can creep in, particularly once he played a few games on the trot. Im sure Riewdewald could be on par with him.

FDB was awful with Luka - playing him as a centre back in pre season and then in a midfield two with a back 5. He hung him out to dry and hen stupidly dropped him against Burnley. It's one of many examples of awful man management from FDB. Let's not forget that Luka was a major reason we stayed up. I think he will get back to fill form under Hodgson who will hopefully play him his best position.

DARZET EAGLE 14-09-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owngoal (Post 13845572)
Some of the toughest players looked like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

Years ago Chelsea's Ron 'chopper' Harris certainly melted a lot of butter.

sydnsteve 14-09-2017 08:03 PM

Absolutely impossible to give an opinion on him yet

Stavros 69 14-09-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydnsteve (Post 13845890)
Absolutely impossible to give an opinion on him yet

This
Can't believe people are writing him off yet

Krise 14-09-2017 08:16 PM

Roy Hodgson used to play Brede Hangeland as a defensive midfielder while manager at Viking. I'm pretty sure he will see young Riedewald as a defensive midfielder for now.