CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Official: Andy Johnson - not happening (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241592)

carter 26-03-2013 01:01 PM

Andy Johnson - not happening
 
Apparently Swindon want AJ on loan. If he didn't have such serious injuries I'd have him back in a flash

TopKnot 26-03-2013 01:22 PM

To me AJ is kind of like the cherished memory of a TV show or computer game that you used to love as a kid. Something which gives you a warm fuzzy glow on the inside when you think back, but would most likely be really disappointing if revisited.

I love him and he is a Palace legend to me, but best left to fond memories. I'd hate it if he came back, had a goal drought and got targeted by the boo boys.

Goodfellas 26-03-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter
Apparently Swindon want AJ on loan. If he didn't have such serious injuries I'd have him back in a flash

Wow, Just Wow.

Would you drop Murray and Super Kev?

carter 26-03-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfellas
Wow, Just Wow.

Would you drop Murray and Super Kev?

Yeah I'd definitely drop the leagues top goal scorer for AJ:rolleyes: who is our 3rd striker then? Because I don't see Wilbraham doing much in the team at the moment

1_Neil_Warnock 26-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfellas
Wow, Just Wow.

Would you drop Murray and Super Kev?

Don't post like a twat.

AJ or Wilbraham?

New LP 26-03-2013 01:29 PM

AJ's career has been ruined by injury, in a way there are some parellels with Michael Owen.

davematt 26-03-2013 01:31 PM

If he is available on loan, I find it hard to believe that championship clubs wouldn't be interested. In fact, I could see a Brighton/Forest going in for him just to give them that additional fire power. And personally, the thought of going up against a forward of AJ's proven quality in this league (albeit some time ago now) in a play off game would petrify the hell out of me.

If QPR are happy to pay the wages, what the hell is there to lose? At the end of the day, we could do with another out and out forward to support Murray and KP (Wilbraham isn't the answer).

He may not have the pace that he once had, but at this level, he'd get chances, and I'd bet money on him putting them away ahead of most players in our squad (bar the obvious two, Murray and KP).

I'd certainly sacrifice the loan deal of Nimely to make room for him...

Benzhiyi 26-03-2013 01:34 PM

It's not quite as simple as 'AJ or Wilbraham' given that we'd have to find wages for Johnson in addition to the latter as well as Murray and Phillips.

And those wages wouldn't be insignificant either.

Great Football Manager signing, but probably not viable for us financially, particularly with questions surrounding his fitness.

TheJudge 26-03-2013 01:35 PM

Johnson has just come off yet another long term injury. If he came to Palace he would be there to improve and maintain his fitness. Is that what we really need for a run in ?

Les Butler 26-03-2013 01:38 PM

I think we have done the returning player/manager to death at Palace and mostly it has not worked out,lets have great memory's of AJ at his best not when he is on his way out.

Bounty_Killa 26-03-2013 01:39 PM

There is a reason for him looking to League One as opposed to The Championship :p

But, yes. It would be nice to see him at Selhurst again.

Billyd 26-03-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter
Yeah I'd definitely drop the leagues top goal scorer for AJ:rolleyes: who is our 3rd striker then? Because I don't see Wilbraham doing much in the team at the moment

40k a week for a third choice striker. Nice one :p

TC EAGLE 26-03-2013 01:56 PM

be handy to come of the bench in a play off final wearing his magic hat and nicking a winner against the weeds, 25 thousand Palace fans errupting into his song for one last time

TheMexicanHorse 26-03-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd
40k a week for a third choice striker. Nice one :p

:)

The way people just name transfer targets without thinking of the cost never ceases to amaze me.

We have Murray, Kev, Dobbie and Wilf who can all play up front, who are currently involved in our first team, then AW on the bench.

But still, let's start stockpiling strikers for the sake of it.

Millwank 26-03-2013 01:58 PM

he's still got it ...

Fatboy 26-03-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
:)

The way people just name transfer targets without thinking of the cost never ceases to amaze me.

We have Murray, Kev, Dobbie and Wilf who can all play up front, who are currently involved in our first team, then AW on the bench.

But still, let's start stockpiling strikers for the sake of it.

Fat Sam does - oh I see....
:p

carter 26-03-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
:)

The way people just name transfer targets without thinking of the cost never ceases to amaze me.

We have Murray, Kev, Dobbie and Wilf who can all play up front, who are currently involved in our first team, then AW on the bench.

But still, let's start stockpiling strikers for the sake of it.

I've never said let's get him in, I said if he didn't have his injuries (which he does) then I would. Wilf isn't a goal scorer and probably never will be a prolific goal scorer anyway and Dobbie is more of the link up man. The 1 goal for Wilbraham this season don't say much, even though he hasn't he many chances.

TheMexicanHorse 26-03-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter
I've never said let's get him in, I said if he didn't have his injuries (which he does) then I would. Wilf isn't a goal scorer and probably never will be a prolific goal scorer anyway and Dobbie is more of the link up man. The 1 goal for Wilbraham this season don't say much, even though he hasn't he many chances.

Even if AJ were to sign tomorrow, it would take him at least a month or so of competitive football to get him anywhere near match fit - we can't be gambling around this stage of the season.

brighton_eagle 26-03-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd
40k a week for a third choice striker. Nice one :p

What makes you think Swindon would be paying him 40k a week?

Fatboy 26-03-2013 02:28 PM

Cannot Carter have an opinion ?

I would have Fiona Richmond back like a shot except at 68 her fanny is probaby like a dog chew.

For the old gits out there
http://www.fionarichmond.co.uk/wp-co...itled-2211.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.