CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Andi39 29-02-2020 06:13 PM

I don’t know what game people have been watching that are criticising Jairo, as he was outstanding.

Old Joe Paxton 29-02-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andi39 (Post 15120077)
I donít know what game people have been watching that are criticising Jairo, as he was outstanding.

Not sure they good but he was fine, good. No idea what if anything he did wrong

dim 29-02-2020 06:21 PM

He is entertaining.

Jughead 29-02-2020 06:27 PM

solid player :p

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 29-02-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesy14 (Post 15120030)
He was f*cking exceptional today. His reading of the game & ball retention a breath of fresh air. Anyone saying otherwise just doesnít understand the modern game.

I just don't see it. I saw him slowly moving around in space, while the ball was passed around him. Never putting pressure on players, never getting close to them.

He did make a few useful interceptions but we were partly in those situations because he wasn't getting close to people and allowed them the space in the first place.

Part of that is of course his style of play - he will never play in the same way McCarthy does - but I thought he had very little presence out there and our midfield struggled more 2nd half.

I don't think he was awful - but exceptional? Really? I just don't see where that comes from.

Especially the first 20 minutes or so in particular the game was completely passing him by and we wasn't involved at all.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 29-02-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15119822)
Yes. He just needs to impose himself a bit more in midfield. He's young, and it will come. He has the potential to be an important player for us. Pleased for him.

Yep. Didn't impose himself at all. Things seemed to be going on around him and he was very passive - particularly for the first 20 minutes or so. That did improve a bit as the game went on but still not very involved. McCarthy was much better than him today.

glenn.f 29-02-2020 07:03 PM

Don't see why there would be much criticism for Jairos performance. He came and did a decent job in a pretty functional performance from us today. Thought it was pretty telling that Roy now appears to trust Jairo plenty enough to throw him in to the heat of the midfield, rather than risk forcing a half fit Luka into action.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 29-02-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 15120207)
Don't see why there would be much criticism for Jairos performance. He came and did a decent job in a pretty functional performance from us today. Thought it was pretty telling that Roy now appears to trust Jairo plenty enough to throw him in to the heat of the midfield, rather than risk forcing a half fit Luka into action.

Yes, it's a positive sign than Roy felt able to use him. It's unlikely he would have if Luka was fully fit though. I don't think he did anything to suggest he deserves to play there more often though. He wasn't awful but I think our midfield was on the back foot 2nd half compared to the 1st. That is why there is some criticism. At times the game appeared to pass him by. Amazed by some people saying he was excellent.

But then I was surprised the way some people raved about his opinions at left back too. I thought he had one impressive game there and was OK in one or two others. PVA was rightly put back in ahead of him there and I suspect the same will be true in midfield when others are available.

All opinions but I feel like some people want him to be better than he has been for us. Hopefully he will get better the more he is involved though.

stinky 29-02-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 15119821)
However he very poor in comparison to McCarthy, and opart of the reason we gave up midfield in the second half

Showed nothing to suggest he would be the answer to our lack of a play maker

What. He isn't a playmaker.

What a weird post.

Kai 29-02-2020 08:08 PM

Loves sliding tackles all over the pitch. Got really lucky with the Maupay miss though

PemboExpress 29-02-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai (Post 15120334)
Loves sliding tackles all over the pitch. Got really lucky with the Maupay miss though

He certainly goes to ground a lot. Not sure it's such a good thing. He's done well by expected standards when he's come on, but he has still got a lot to work upon before he will be a regular PL starter, certainly in the midfield.

in-exile 29-02-2020 08:46 PM

Good player.

aj4england 29-02-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15120201)
Yep. Didn't impose himself at all. Things seemed to be going on around him and he was very passive - particularly for the first 20 minutes or so. That did improve a bit as the game went on but still not very involved. McCarthy was much better than him today.

Come give they guy a break , a bit slow at first but grew into the game second half . McCarthys best half today , give Jairo the same amount of games in midfield then compare.

cpfc4evandeva 29-02-2020 09:01 PM

It's weird how we see the game so differently. I thought he played well.

Joe1905 29-02-2020 09:07 PM

I came out the ground and was saying how I want to see Jairo and Luka in midfield

TAM 29-02-2020 09:28 PM

I think he did well too, made some good interceptions and made space for others to go. Like to see more games in midfield

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 29-02-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15120375)
Come give they guy a break , a bit slow at first but grew into the game second half . McCarthys best half today , give Jairo the same amount of games in midfield then compare.

He grew in to it. He did OK. But struggled at first to my mind - inadvertently played in Maupay too. He wasn't bad as such but I don't understand those saying he was excellent. But we all see the game differently.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 29-02-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PemboExpress (Post 15120363)
He certainly goes to ground a lot. Not sure it's such a good thing. He's done well by expected standards when he's come on, but he has still got a lot to work upon before he will be a regular PL starter, certainly in the midfield.

Yep, I think that's how I feel.

917L 29-02-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 15120299)
What. He isn't a playmaker.

What a weird post.

I never sad he was

The comment was in relation to many people (before today) suggesting he had the passing ability to offer that kind of role in our midfield

Dogburger 29-02-2020 10:01 PM

I thought the whole midfield just dropped off a bit too much in the second half (maybe under orders) Jairo included . He reads the game well and looks for a safe pass which is a pretty good way to be at his age . He will grow into this team given the chance in the coming years .


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.