CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

TheCharmer1 17-07-2020 09:51 AM

good technically but always looks lacking in pace and intensity. Good squad player as he offer's cover in multiple positions, but how long as he got left on his current deal? One more season?

AJ 17-07-2020 10:20 AM

The problem for Jairo and it seemed evident last night is that he doesn't seem sure where to play, he was all over the place last night chasing the ball and player. McCarthy who he replaced is more consistent in where he plays and what he does, which is more preferable to Roy than what JR does, imo

Ian Hart 17-07-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC (Post 15307466)
I thought he did well when he came on last night, I think itís criminal heís not starting. The intelligence he has with just his movement off the ball is something we lack.

It is funny how people see things different ways. I'm a fan of his, and would have liked him to have more chances. But I was rath er disappointed in his performance last night

I appreciate he was only on for a short time, but that is part of my annoyance. Coming on with such a short time to go I would have expected him to bust a gut to be chasing every ball and closing players down. I saw none of that. What I saw (and I realise you saw it differently) was a player jogging around and putting in very little effort, despite him being the least tired player on the pitch.

I, personally, would doubt he did anything last night to persuade the management he should be starting

Jasper 17-07-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 15307748)
It is funny how people see things different ways. I'm a fan of his, and would have liked him to have more chances. But I was rath er disappointed in his performance last night

I appreciate he was only on for a short time, but that is part of my annoyance. Coming on with such a short time to go I would have expected him to bust a gut to be chasing every ball and closing players down. I saw none of that. What I saw (and I realise you saw it differently) was a player jogging around and putting in very little effort, despite him being the least tired player on the pitch.

I, personally, would doubt he did anything last night to persuade the management he should be starting

Fair point. The midfield is lacking dynamism and creativity and we haven't had that since Cabaye and Loftus-Cheek left. Ideally we need to add that in the summer.

Maybe Jairo will work well alongside players like that but at the moment he doesn't offer anything too different from the other CMs and probably isn't the solution to the problems.

Panther 17-07-2020 12:30 PM

The problem is surely that no-one seems to know what his best position is. FdB wanted him as the left side of a defensive three (or so I assume) and we know how well that went. He could be a LB but does not attack in the same way as PvA; he could be a CB but doesn’t look up to much in the air; he could be a midfielder but isn’t really the creative type we’re crying out for, even if his passing is generally better than certain others. I don’t know what the answer is and am not sure that anyone at the club does either. (Ditto re Meyer M!)

glenn.f 17-07-2020 12:49 PM

He struggles to get up to speed in games from what i can see. Unless he starts games he's always going to fall a little short by the looks of it. I suppose the only bonus so far this season, is the fact that Roy is at least starting to trust him now, which has to be a positive at the least.

OneSize 17-07-2020 02:10 PM

Seems like the kinda guy that needs consecutive games to get into the swing of it. Was ok when started at left back, by the time PVA was back, he was twice as good.

Timbo 17-07-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 15307476)
good technically but always looks lacking in pace and intensity. Good squad player as he offer's cover in multiple positions, but how long as he got left on his current deal? One more season?

I agree entirely, not sure I see this tremendous off the ball movement mentioned elsewhere and I dont think he is physically fit enough for EPL, but any player needs game time to gain match sharpness and feel part of the team, not just a bit part player

Stavros 69 17-07-2020 02:21 PM

He does look a headless chicken quite a lot when he comes on. Chases after every ball like an U12’s player.

switchboard 17-07-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15307926)
He does look a headless chicken quite a lot when he comes on. Chases after every ball like an U12ís player.

Probably because he comes on only when we are losing and we need another holding midfielder.

philsick 17-07-2020 05:21 PM

jairo was poor when he came on last night and i'm a fan, but in fairness the game was gone, his teamate and friend had just been stretchered off and schlupp wasn't even pretending to do anything in midfield ,so it was luka and jairo trying to control a confident utd midfield 3 and luka was even worse.

TheMexicanHorse 17-07-2020 05:21 PM

Interesting

Turns out Riedewald isn’t the second coming of Frank Rijkaard, which is what some of our “fAns” would have you believe as an agenda again roy because he didn’t play the kid..

There is a reason why he ended up at palace...not good enough I’m afraid.

Gregz41 17-07-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse (Post 15308110)
Interesting

Turns out Riedewald isnít the second coming of Frank Rijkaard, which is what some of our ďfAnsĒ would have you believe as an agenda again roy because he didnít play the kid..

There is a reason why he ended up at palace...not good enough Iím afraid.

Find me a quote. Utter bollocks.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 18-07-2020 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 15307748)

This is what I always see. Him floating about never really getting close enough to opponents and just moving about doing very little as the grown ups play the game around him.

His passing is good at times but nothing particularly special. I certainly haven't seen him open up a defence and I'm not sure I've ever seen really create a chance. A lot of posters are suddenly demanding he starts to add creativity but I have never seen any real creativity from him at all.

He also has a habit of not closing down shots enough.

I don't mind if he gets a chance or two more but I certainly don't understand the recent clamour for him to be in our team ahead of others.

Sometimes when things aren't going well people a lot of people seem to just want any change, whether there is any evidence that change will improve things or not.

Hedgehog 18-07-2020 02:14 AM

I wonder if he is trying too hard? I also wonder if it under Royís orders to be left, right and center, or he is just doing it out of frustration. All very odd.

CP-RJW 18-10-2020 04:45 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ekns_vTW...pg&name=medium

GB2506 18-10-2020 05:01 PM

One of the very few bright notes from today. IF, he is dropped by RH when McCarthy is back I will genuinely give up until Roy is gone. The only player in the side that when he gets on the ball creates time and space for himself and can play an incisive forward pass. The ball for Bats disallowed goal with the outside of his boot was beautiful.

cpfcfan1 18-10-2020 05:01 PM

The only thing we can thank fdb for

Gregz41 18-10-2020 06:41 PM

Looked good today. Pass to Bats was superb.

danpalace07 18-10-2020 06:41 PM

The one positive today (Jeff as well I guess, so two). How has it taken 3 years to get him in? Hodgson and his fans would have you believe we just can't not have two workhorses in the middle - bullshit.