CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

aj4england 03-10-2017 10:02 AM

A long way from getting it on a pitch, and we probably wont see it this season but arguably our best starting line up with the current squad is
------------------Speroni---------------
---TFM----Tomkins---Sakho----Souare---
-------------------Luka---------------------
------------RLC----------Ridewald--------
---Wilf----------------------------Townsend-----
-----------------Benteke------------------------

Bench: Hennessey, PVA, Dann, Cabaye, McArthur, Schlupp, Wickham, McArthur/Sako

fly eagle 03-10-2017 10:07 AM

Mr Palace will clearly clutch at any straw to show FDB is to blame for everything!

Luka was great last season but he also had a very poor spell towards the back end of last season, I suppose that was down to FDB as well. I can remember a few goals this season and last season where he has given the ball away and the opposition have scored.

Lets not also forget that Big Sam played Townends at RWB, sometimes you try players in new positions. Look at Moses for Chelsea, the Spanish defender who's name I cannot spell now playing CB. Monreal has been Arsenals best player and has changed position.
Shlupp was a winger before being moved to LB.

We need to stop giving players excuses and just accept players sometimes go through poor patches of form. That is football.

smoll 03-10-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly eagle (Post 13879270)
Mr Palace will clearly clutch at any straw to show FDB is to blame for everything!

Luka was great last season but he also had a very poor spell towards the back end of last season, I suppose that was down to FDB as well. I can remember a few goals this season and last season where he has given the ball away and the opposition have scored.

Lets not also forget that Big Sam played Townends at RWB, sometimes you try players in new positions. Look at Moses for Chelsea, the Spanish defender who's name I cannot spell now playing CB. Monreal has been Arsenals best player and has changed position.
Shlupp was a winger before being moved to LB.

We need to stop giving players excuses and just accept players sometimes go through poor patches of form. That is football.

When did Big Sam play Townsend at rwb?

knowlesyUCLA 03-10-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 13879262)
A long way from getting it on a pitch, and we probably wont see it this season but arguably our best starting line up with the current squad is
------------------Speroni---------------
---TFM----Tomkins---Sakho----Souare---
-------------------Luka---------------------
------------RLC----------Ridewald--------
---Wilf----------------------------Townsend-----
-----------------Benteke------------------------

Bench: Hennessey, PVA, Dann, Cabaye, McArthur, Schlupp, Wickham, McArthur/Sako

I think Cabaye probably has an argument at starting in our best XI, but other than that I would agree with this. Sadly it is a good couple of months away from happening or, in Speroni's case, never happening.

aj4england 03-10-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA (Post 13879440)
I think Cabaye probably has an argument at starting in our best XI, but other than that I would agree with this. Sadly it is a good couple of months away from happening or, in Speroni's case, never happening.

Agree Cabaye is probably the hardest done by. However looks like RLC can only ever play 45 mins well. So half and half may be the way forward...

fly eagle 03-10-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoll (Post 13879307)
When did Big Sam play Townsend at rwb?

Away at Man City. Townends started that game rwb.

glaziers fan 03-10-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13879164)
Agree with much of this. I think our lack of striker options makes Chelsea a tough challenge, all but impossible unless we get luck at a corner. I would think our only option is to make the choices around a solid defence and a defensively strong midfield that can retain the ball when we do have it rather than punt it back to them. Jairo seems a good option and I would be tempted to play 2 DMs if Luka and Jairo. The dilemma will be do we give Ladapo a run because he can win it in the air or do we play Sako who will be do better with holding and playing it to a man. I suspect both play but probably would start Sako again. What is clear is that we need to get a workable solution because we have months of this. Likely Ruben, who I would prefer to see in the middle but....

Back to Jairo. I do think he has the composure and intelligence with the ball and I am a big fan of how quickly he moves the ball. It's a bit early to know for sure but the signs are very encouraging.

I'd be playing Sako up front again, for sure. If Man Utd hadn't scored so early on it's a totally different game. And then have space to counter which will suit Sako more. Plus I do think Zaha will be fit so he can play wide left, join in and potentially even switch positions with Sako. Townsend on the right up and down, and deeper.

Main point I wanted to make though is that if we play Riedewald with Cabaye and Luka it will make us less likely to concede, and therefore more likely to get a point. And on top of that it will free up the 2 attackers to concentrate on what they do best. For me it's 2 from 3 out of Sako, Zaha and RLC. So:

Sako + Zaha vs Chelsea
RLC + Zaha vs Newcastle and beyond


Sure, they can press from the front, and come back to help the midfield/receive the ball under less pressure. But playing Jairo will free them up from their rigid defensive responsibilities. it's actually quite exciting to think we might have two mobile forwards! 4-4-2 or 4-6-0.

Ian Hart 04-10-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 13879262)
A long way from getting it on a pitch, and we probably wont see it this season but arguably our best starting line up with the current squad is
------------------Speroni---------------
---TFM----Tomkins---Sakho----Souare---
-------------------Luka---------------------
------------RLC----------Ridewald--------
---Wilf----------------------------Townsend-----
-----------------Benteke------------------------

Bench: Hennessey, PVA, Dann, Cabaye, McArthur, Schlupp, Wickham, McArthur/Sako

It's funny how Souare has gone up in appreciation by NOT playing! When he was in the team, I was regularly reading comments (not yours) that we still needed to get a better left back.

Now we've brought in not one but two left backs to replace him, and people have seen they are both pretty naff, suddenly people are counting the days until Souare's return

The fickleness of fans!

gilesy14 04-10-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 13879262)
A long way from getting it on a pitch, and we probably wont see it this season but arguably our best starting line up with the current squad is
------------------Speroni---------------
---TFM----Tomkins---Sakho----Souare---
-------------------Luka---------------------
------------RLC----------Ridewald--------
---Wilf----------------------------Townsend-----
-----------------Benteke------------------------

Bench: Hennessey, PVA, Dann, Cabaye, McArthur, Schlupp, Wickham, McArthur/Sako

I'm not sure I agree with that midfield. That's hugely inexperienced. I like Riedewald & think we'll probably live to regret it should he not work out with us. But Cabaye still has to start for us. Vs Burnley & Man Utd, he was our best player. He still has a lot to offer.

Lombardo's hair 04-10-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 13880516)
It's funny how Souare has gone up in appreciation by NOT playing! When he was in the team, I was regularly reading comments (not yours) that we still needed to get a better left back.

Now we've brought in not one but two left backs to replace him, and people have seen they are both pretty naff, suddenly people are counting the days until Souare's return

The fickleness of fans!

It happens with most players that get injured. They improve their reputation by being absent but notably only if team is struggling. It happened when punch got injured in 2016. I thought he was poor even during our good spell.

Moe Lester 04-10-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 13880516)
It's funny how Souare has gone up in appreciation by NOT playing! When he was in the team, I was regularly reading comments (not yours) that we still needed to get a better left back.

Now we've brought in not one but two left backs to replace him, and people have seen they are both pretty naff, suddenly people are counting the days until Souare's return

The fickleness of fans!

Is it fickleness, or is it just that both the left-backs brought in have been massively disappointing? Everyone wanted a better left back than Souare, but we may be coming to terms with the fact that he's still our best one. Unfortunately.

Mr Palace 04-10-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly eagle (Post 13879270)
Mr Palace will clearly clutch at any straw to show FDB is to blame for everything!

Luka was great last season but he also had a very poor spell towards the back end of last season, I suppose that was down to FDB as well. I can remember a few goals this season and last season where he has given the ball away and the opposition have scored.

Lets not also forget that Big Sam played Townends at RWB, sometimes you try players in new positions. Look at Moses for Chelsea, the Spanish defender who's name I cannot spell now playing CB. Monreal has been Arsenals best player and has changed position.
Shlupp was a winger before being moved to LB.

We need to stop giving players excuses and just accept players sometimes go through poor patches of form. That is football.

All the evidence is there my friend if you choose to see it :D

Anyway, we move on - FDB is thankfully gone and we have a manager in charge who will get the best out of the players we have. Hopefully by going back to making us hard to beat.

TouchyAndalou 04-10-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13880551)
All the evidence is there my friend if you choose to see it :D

Anyway, we move on - FDB is thankfully gone and we have a manager in charge who will get the best out of the players we have. Hopefully by going back to making us hard to beat.

If there's one thing our last few opponents are saying, it's "Wow, that Crystal Palace side under Hodgson were hard to beat!" :D

jobiinthelastmi 04-10-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 13880516)
It's funny how Souare has gone up in appreciation by NOT playing! When he was in the team, I was regularly reading comments (not yours) that we still needed to get a better left back.

Now we've brought in not one but two left backs to replace him, and people have seen they are both pretty naff, suddenly people are counting the days until Souare's return

The fickleness of fans!

Until we tried to replace him with better and failed?

Same with Jules, tried to replace him for better and got worse. Sometimes itís not as bad as you think.

Cabaye still has a part to play!

Mr Palace 04-10-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou (Post 13880660)
If there's one thing our last few opponents are saying, it's "Wow, that Crystal Palace side under Hodgson were hard to beat!" :D

Give it time sir - it's all part of Roy's masterplan! Lull our closer rivals into a false sense of security before we hit them with the sucker-punch...

Mr Palace 04-10-2017 01:13 PM

These aren't the wisest of comments from Jairo: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/s...aks-out-574230

Shipp Ahoy! 04-10-2017 01:16 PM

Should have kept his mouth shut.

Reps AJ 04-10-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13880968)
These aren't the wisest of comments from Jairo: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/s...aks-out-574230

Can't see anything wrong with them to be honest

Gregz41 04-10-2017 01:26 PM

Said what most people were thinking after that game and not surprising he'll have some affection for the manager who gave him his start at Ajax and then brought him here.

Shipp Ahoy! 04-10-2017 02:04 PM

The club paid his transfer fee and still pay his wages, you don't sign for a manager you sign for the club.

He is an employee of the club and making comments like this is a criticism of it. I'm pretty sure if I did something like this publicly about my company I would be lucky to still have a job...


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.