CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

chateauferret 03-09-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thereichstuff (Post 14905781)
How can you blame the club ? No one could have envisaged this scenario when we signed him . The club has tried to offload him numerous times but he’s not interested.

If he won't do as he's told can't we pull the plug?

thereichstuff 03-09-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14905788)
If he won't do as he's told can't we pull the plug?

Yeah , do a boris on him :p

CpfcLoz 03-09-2019 06:53 AM

hes a good tidy passer thats about it, he has zero presence on the pitch though!

cpfcfly 03-09-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 14905654)
Love this scroll down a little bit and watch the numbers move

https://www.wtfoot.com/player/jairo-riedewald/

The same site who says McGregor is on £45000 a week, and thinks that DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United) plays for us.

Pinch of salt etc etc.

switchboard 03-09-2019 08:00 AM

Can't really blame him he came from Ajax's first team to end up being in the reserves the minute FDB left, he/we has wasted his career so it is no surprise he is going to finish his contract with us and end up taking a drastic wage cut to join another team. I'm sure he'd love to go out on loan and play but no club will pay his wages.

917L 03-09-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchboard (Post 14905837)
I'm sure he'd love to go out on loan and play but no club will pay his wages.

We've agreed loan moves, and he refused them

Nothing to do with clubs not paying his wages, blokes just a waster

Yoda 03-09-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchboard (Post 14905837)
Can't really blame him he came from Ajax's first team to end up being in the reserves the minute FDB left, he/we has wasted his career so it is no surprise he is going to finish his contract with us and end up taking a drastic wage cut to join another team. I'm sure he'd love to go out on loan and play but no club will pay his wages.

I disagree.

If the guy wants a football career long term, he needs to go out there and play. This will improve his physical fitness and either help him to force his way back in to our team, or attract the attention of other clubs who might be interested in a transfer.

What is the point of a young man training at Beckenham all week for a few U23 matches, which is all he’ll get now we’re out the cup.

He doesn’t have some divine right to be picked by Roy, he needs to earn it. Playing at the back, where we’re short of backs, was an opportunity for him to widen his experience and show Roy he could maybe adapt temporarily to that role.

He should be telling his agent that he wants a loan, and he should ditch the guy if his own greed is preventing this.

eagle mart 03-09-2019 09:05 AM

I'm sure the agent is only wanting a deal that will ensure he gets a higher cut as well. The interest in him actually playing is probably secondary by some distance.

SussexRed&Blue 03-09-2019 09:16 AM

Seems crazy that some kind of deal couldn't be worked out for him to get some regular matches at a decent level at Paderborn.

Would surprise me if we were not willing to cover off a reasonable percentage of his wages in return for regular football.

What a waste of a career at the moment.

Some players get involved with Agents that are solely money hungry and don't look after the long term career for their players.

cockles 03-09-2019 09:18 AM

It's unclear if it was only the agent being greedy, or the agent and the player.

In any case, this is the trend with this bloke. At least Jordan Mutch agreed to and went out on a loan. Riedewald is far worse.

Kebe, Mutch & Riedewald - 3 of these were signed in the space of 4 years. I assume that makes us especially unlucky or something.

PeterK 03-09-2019 09:22 AM

You would have thought long term he's messing his career up by not taking these loans. Playing reserve team football for 2 years is no substitute for proper competitive games. He's going to find it a massive culture shock to be playing first team football again.

Celestial Empire 03-09-2019 09:34 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if, when he eventually moves, the (right) new manager will be able to get him playing.

RH seems to have a decent rapport with (e.g.) African players, who have mainly come from humble situations and grown up fast, but he has admitted that he finds it hard-work to relate to young lads who haven't grown up and just drift along with dozens of trivial distractions.

I would love to hear Richard Shaw's opinion, (who is straight talking and probably has a better insight). RH and RS must have discussed Jairo, but RH can't afford to waste his time trying to coax Jairo the drifter.

MasterYoda 03-09-2019 10:38 AM

Amazed that when talks with PSG fell through Barcelona didn't sign him over Neymar.

libran 03-09-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterYoda (Post 14905942)
Amazed that when talks with PSG fell through Barcelona didn't sign him over Neymar.

He wanted the number 10 shirt but Messi wouldn't give it up so the deal fell through

Happy Arthur 03-09-2019 11:03 AM

Some transfers don't work out. Lets not beat ourselves up. Also we live in a world where footballers and agents hold all the cards. Every club has similar issues.

I also have a degree of empathy for Jairo as the guy that bought him was sacked after 6 weeks.

917L 03-09-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 14905964)
Some transfers don't work out. Lets not beat ourselves up. Also we live in a world where footballers and agents hold all the cards. Every club has similar issues.

I also have a degree of empathy for Jairo as the guy that bought him was sacked after 6 weeks.

You have empathy with a highly paid footballer who simply want to sit in the reserves and makes no attempt to revive his career by a loan move?

Really?

Gazpacho 03-09-2019 11:36 AM

Can he play right back?

stinky 03-09-2019 11:41 AM

pots1970 03-09-2019 12:03 PM

I always thought that players with attitude problems got filtered out as they grew older, so that you are left with extremely determined young men who are only focused on playing and improving, our recent experiences have completely proved my view wrong, if Jairo is so concerned by finances he must surely realize that the only way to guarantee them for his short career is to bust a nut every time he plays and force his way into Roys plans

chateauferret 03-09-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 14905964)

The guy that brought Kelly to the club f***ed off a few days later. I haven't seen Kelly refusing to put a shift in.