CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Stavros 69 11-01-2020 06:44 PM

He’s a proper footballer

Yoda 11-01-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15055452)
I wasn't calling you out, just pondering why the performances may have been so different between now and then.

I also agree, he had chances to impress but didn't take them before. Thankfully something seems to have shifted, and he's looking like the player we hoped he could be for us.

Just watching a post match interview with Roy, who said that when he first suggested to Jairo that he try playing left back, that Jairo was reluctant about it.

Silly really. If youíre out the team, youíre one of the few left-footed players we have and the manager encourages you to give a different role a chance, for Heavenís sake say yes! At least agree to try in training and an U23 match.

Lombardo's hair 11-01-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 15055471)
Just watching a post match interview with Roy, who said that when he first suggested to Jairo that he try playing left back, that Jairo was reluctant about it.

Silly really. If you’re out the team, you’re one of the few left-footed players we have and the manager encourages you to give a different role a chance, for Heaven’s sake say yes! At least agree to try in training and an U23 match.

The same way the squad adapted to FDB change of style. Whingeing to SP. Didnt likevhis training methods blah blah. The same way Luka wasnt happy about being asked to be CB. Yeah I get your point.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-01-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 15055471)
Just watching a post match interview with Roy, who said that when he first suggested to Jairo that he try playing left back, that Jairo was reluctant about it.

Silly really. If youíre out the team, youíre one of the few left-footed players we have and the manager encourages you to give a different role a chance, for Heavenís sake say yes! At least agree to try in training and an U23 match.

Very interesting comment from Roy.

I think this highlights my concerns I have always had about his mentality. It fits in with other stories - eg. Turning down a couple of loans because those clubs didn't guarantee him a starting place. It also fits with a few performances where he has looked a bit deer in headlights. The likes of Kelly, Dann, McCarthy, Ayew and all our players who have been on fringes at times give the impression they would jump at any chance to play anywhere.

Of course it may be about confidence and belief in himself more than not being determined as such. Hopefully this run of games which he has got thanks to injuries can help him get that confidence up. He certainly looked more confident in these last 2 games than the first few when he came in.

Whether he can do enough to convince Roy he has a future with us even when other players return from injury remains to be seen. But it would be great if he could because we obviously have very few young players in the squad.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-01-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 15055449)
I (like you) donít know the reason. I will only judge performances ... when he plays well... Iíll say so... when he plays shit... Iíll call it.
He was shocking for u23s... so was Jach... who never made the first team.. and never will (in my opinion).
I am just countering the argument put forward by some that he has been performing like this for three years and RH has been ignoring him.

Yep, I agree with this.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-01-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15055552)
Very interesting comment from Roy.

I think this highlights my concerns I have always had about his mentality. It fits in with other stories - eg. Turning down a couple of loans because those clubs didn't guarantee him a starting place. It also fits with a few performances where he has looked a bit deer in headlights. The likes of Kelly, Dann, McCarthy, Ayew and all our players who have been on fringes at times give the impression they would jump at any chance to play anywhere.

Of course it may be about confidence and belief in himself more than not being determined as such. Hopefully this run of games which he has got thanks to injuries can help him get that confidence up. He certainly looked more confident in these last 2 games than the first few when he came in.

Whether he can do enough to convince Roy he has a future with us even when other players return from injury remains to be seen. But it would be great if he could because we obviously have very few young players in the squad.

The fact Jairo is young is crucial. We really need to take that into consideration when judging whether he should be kept on.

Timbo 11-01-2020 07:29 PM

JR would not have been selected were it not for injuries and he is doing admirably, exceeding what I expected of him at LB, but let's not go overboard yet and suggest Roy has failed to spot some mega talent, lets see if he can do the business in midfield and warrant selection once the injured players return

Martin H 11-01-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15055581)
JR would not have been selected were it not for injuries and he is doing admirably, exceeding what I expected of him at LB, but let's not go overboard yet and suggest Roy has failed to spot some mega talent, lets see if he can do the business in midfield and warrant selection once the injured players return

Sounds like common sense. Will never fit in will you ?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-01-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15055581)
JR would not have been selected were it not for injuries and he is doing admirably, exceeding what I expected of him at LB, but let's not go overboard yet and suggest Roy has failed to spot some mega talent, lets see if he can do the business in midfield and warrant selection once the injured players return

Completely agree.

He is doing better than expected at full back but that doesn't mean he is a better central midfielder for us than Luka, Jimmy, McCarthy and Kouyate. Maybe he is or could be but maybe not. We are still no closer to knowing that.

exiledeagle 11-01-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 15055471)
Just watching a post match interview with Roy, who said that when he first suggested to Jairo that he try playing left back, that Jairo was reluctant about it.

Yes I heard that . RH did say that Jairo didn't feel he had the qualities to play at left back . RH also said that he was pleased for Jairo as his attitude has been excellent and he never complained even though he wanted to play . The interesting point is when Roy said that Jairo has been unlucky because the way we play wasn't really suited to his game . When PVA is back I doubt we will see Jairo in midfield

hulkster 11-01-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 15055482)
The same way the squad adapted to FDB change of style. Whingeing to SP. Didnt likevhis training methods blah blah. The same way Luka wasnt happy about being asked to be CB. Yeah I get your point.

The players didnít like FDB because he was a c*nt. Both to them and most
people at the club. He was deemed to be a big mistake by all involved at the club before the first game of the season.

gilesy14 11-01-2020 07:57 PM

He was f*cking brilliant today. Knew there was a decent player in there.

palace_burger 11-01-2020 08:09 PM

As Roy said earlier in the year. Hes a good player, just that he had players in his position (midfield) playing in the first team and that those players were keeping him out of team

dannyturner 11-01-2020 08:10 PM

Itís like an early new signing in this window, great performance and looks as though there is more to come.

Hazbaz 11-01-2020 08:27 PM

He’s still young and I think he may be a bit lacking in self belief, his post match interview was more upbeat even than the one a couple of days ago, overall he seemed more confident today. I think playing is making a massive difference all round and he is getting better each time he plays

beef 11-01-2020 08:31 PM

He did have quite a strange start to his career at Palace. It's good to see him do well.

CharlieCPFC 11-01-2020 08:33 PM

I genuinely believe he's capable of making that CDM spot his.

To have him in that pivot role being the receiver of the ball will advance us tenfold in possession.

He was magnificent today, it's amazing to see what a run of games can do for a players confidence and ability. Supporters should learn this but they don't.

aj4england 11-01-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15055552)
Very interesting comment from Roy.

I think this highlights my concerns I have always had about his mentality. It fits in with other stories - eg. Turning down a couple of loans because those clubs didn't guarantee him a starting place. It also fits with a few performances where he has looked a bit deer in headlights. The likes of Kelly, Dann, McCarthy, Ayew and all our players who have been on fringes at times give the impression they would jump at any chance to play anywhere.

Of course it may be about confidence and belief in himself more than not being determined as such. Hopefully this run of games which he has got thanks to injuries can help him get that confidence up. He certainly looked more confident in these last 2 games than the first few when he came in.

Whether he can do enough to convince Roy he has a future with us even when other players return from injury remains to be seen. But it would be great if he could because we obviously have very few young players in the squad.

Jairo has done well , however heís probably best in midfield . Has a future with us , I think

Latvian Eagle 11-01-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palace_burger (Post 15055651)
As Roy said earlier in the year. Hes a good player, just that he had players in his position (midfield) playing in the first team and that those players were keeping him out of team

And yet the really weird part in all of it was that he was signed to play Centre Back. :wallbash:

stevek 11-01-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 15055702)
And yet the really weird part in all of it was that he was signed to play Centre Back. :wallbash:

To be fair, that would have been a part of a three, and I think he could play that role (not that we will play that formation).


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.