CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A West Ham view of our Arthur Wait stand (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278078)

Joe85 11-02-2019 08:16 PM

They're the only club in the football league on the dole. What they think is irrelevant. It's like one of the lazy, work shy swines from Canning Town having the cheek to complain about how shit the NHS is.

Wankers.

Joe85 11-02-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 14642974)
The potential solutions are :

Remove the gantry completely (this will happen when the new stand opens lol)

Lose maybe one third of the seats (will never happen)

Have roaming refreshment sellers to reduce number of people going to concourse (when I stood in the AW enclosure, a supermarket trolley full of tuck used to be pushed along the front)

Try and use the Sainsburys lorry goods entrance as overspill space (would mean Whitehorse end couldn't use Park Road turnstiles). CPFC already have use of this area because the away team bus parks here.

Never made sense to me to build a shiny new stadium and then have the TV camera's face the Arthur.

Pikie Punisher 11-02-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 14642942)
Left before half time

Brighton fan?

Dorking .Eagle 11-02-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14642989)
Never made sense to me to build a shiny new stadium and then have the TV camera's face the Arthur.

If they can make the roof fascia bright, fresh, red and blue stripes, smart square white clock in the centre and fill every seat in the front 10 rows, it'll look fine on tv

Louis 11-02-2019 08:31 PM

I think and hope major crowd safety problems like crushing are unlikely in the Arthur because it's so big and open. But it's pretty poor, and I agree with the West Ham fan's points. Most fans I know prefer to sit anywhere but the Arthur.

Brett 11-02-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 14643009)
I think and hope major crowd safety problems like crushing are unlikely in the Arthur because it's so big and open. But it's pretty poor, and I agree with the West Ham fan's points. Most fans I know prefer to sit anywhere but the Arthur.

The 'auditorium' itself is fine, you won't get crushed in the aisles or the seats. The concourse is a different matter but some fans need to look at their own conduct and subsequently their role in any crushing out there. As do the stewards. You can often enter the turnstiles to be met by three lines of steps filled completely by arse-crack-displaying fat fcks stuffing their faces with burger and booze whilst sat down (picture a 1% demo outside the Bank of England) causing crushing back towards the turnstiles (which is probably what West Ham Wayne was describing).

And since great 2011 swap debacle, it is even worse for home fans than away fans, by orders of magnitude.

in-exile 11-02-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 14642974)
The potential solutions are :

Remove the gantry completely (this will happen when the new stand opens lol)

Lose maybe one third of the seats (will never happen)

Have roaming refreshment sellers to reduce number of people going to concourse (when I stood in the AW enclosure, a supermarket trolley full of tuck used to be pushed along the front)

Try and use the Sainsburys lorry goods entrance as overspill space (would mean Whitehorse end couldn't use Park Road turnstiles). CPFC already have use of this area because the away team bus parks here.

Quite .....but for home fans why can the club not put in facilities like food and toilets in a new area behind the old disabled area behind the not used Sky TV boxes..... Massive under used area!

alanlee11 11-02-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 14642946)
Heís pretty much spot on. Itís an embarrassment & not fit for purpose in the Premier League not to mention potentially dangerous. Iíve been going there since I was a kid & that entrance hasnít changed one bit.

Been in the Arthur for the 15 years I've been going to Palace, it is now a disgrace it hasn't changed. It's awful for us supporters who go week in, week out.

Crush at half time to go to the toilet orngrt a drink. The club should sell less tickets in the stand to make it safe and almost comfortable.

in-exile 11-02-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlee11 (Post 14643034)
Been in the Arthur for the 15 years I've been going to Palace, it is now a disgrace it hasn't changed. It's awful for us supporters who go week in, week out.

Crush at half time to go to the toilet orngrt a drink. The club should sell less tickets in the stand to make it safe and almost comfortable.

The club has packed more seats in this year along the side fence lower down ....... How does it pass a safety certificate going from the massive side stairs .....to one row wide ( if that ) crossway-walkway to the first back to the front walkway.

Dorking .Eagle 11-02-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14643021)
Quite .....but for home fans why can the club not put in facilities like food and toilets in a new area behind the old disabled area behind the not used Sky TV boxes..... Massive under used area!

Agree - it must be possible for some of this space to be 'pinched' for the Artur Wait - the space is massive!

http://i66.tinypic.com/200spiw.jpg

in-exile 11-02-2019 09:06 PM

Exactly ......seems obvious space to grab that would mirror the away fanzine open area...

JAS78 11-02-2019 09:10 PM

‘Improvements’ to the Arthur concourse are in the development plans

Nothing detailed yet as far as I can see

Danny_Cheviot 11-02-2019 09:17 PM

This kid seemed to enjoy his Arthur Waite experience. 10:05

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPo3zywd4Lo

Olympian2 11-02-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 14643048)
Agree - it must be possible for some of this space to be 'pinched' for the Artur Wait - the space is massive!

http://i66.tinypic.com/200spiw.jpg

Spot on

JAS78 11-02-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14643050)
Exactly ......seems obvious space to grab that would mirror the away fanzine open area...

They havenít bothered with it since 2013 so unless itís part of the development plan looks unlikely

old geezer 11-02-2019 09:23 PM

It really is quite disgusting and a very unpleasant experience
I find it hard to disagree with him sadly

Panther 11-02-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter (Post 14642813)
It is such a poor stand though and Iíve sat in it for 6 years running

Only 6 years? You lucky b*st*rd, you lucky, lucky b*st*rd......

in-exile 11-02-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 14643075)
They havenít bothered with it since 2013 so unless itís part of the development plan looks unlikely

I know for a fact that plans were worked on/drawn up around four years ago for a supporters club building for this area ......give us something simple in the meantime Palace!

Sick Bucket 11-02-2019 09:35 PM

TBH I've been going in the AW on and off for 40 odd years and I know it's a shithole... but I kind of like it that way. Definitely need more toilets though.

But I like that it's old and knackered and the complete opposite to most of the modern day soulless grounds you get now.

Celestial Empire 11-02-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14642845)
Iíve been in all four stands. But the Arthur is my firm favourite.

Seconded.
Basic and adequate, very good view of proceedings - that's the main thing.