CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A West Ham view of our Arthur Wait stand (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278078)

asus 12-02-2019 10:08 PM

Took my 22 year old daughter to a match recently when I was back in London. Warned her that the toilets in the AW may not be great. As far as she was concerned the toilets the crush in the concourse and the crush to get a cup of tea were no problem. I guess it all depends on perspective and expectations.

orp pisshead1 12-02-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14642845)
Iíve been in all four stands. But the Arthur is my firm favourite.

:p
Was even better when it had the terrace as it produced many an awesome atmosphere .

iwozjacko 12-02-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmemour (Post 14643815)
Pwopa nawty east Landan geeza doesn't like lack of gentrification in Norwood. You couldn't make it up. If he wants a restricted view try going to Liverpool away, there's pretty much no point in going in some of the seats they sell.

West Ham fans are a bunch of weirdos, this is a fact that will never change.

Pwopa nawty east Landan geeza doesn't like lack of gentrification in Norwood.
:D
Must spread rep etc.

Pikie Punisher 12-02-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asus (Post 14644658)
Took my 22 year old daughter to a match recently when I was back in London. Warned her that the toilets in the AW may not be great. As far as she was concerned the toilets the crush in the concourse and the crush to get a cup of tea were no problem. I guess it all depends on perspective and expectations.

I suppose because their fans travel to games in limos they expect better, it can't be easy for them being Nigels.

JAS78 12-02-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fandango (Post 14277966)
But when you add a smaller version of the new stand on the AW side the stadium starts to look quite good. Another tier on the Whitehorse and we are sorted.

Attachment 50854

This was posted on the Redevelopment thread a while back

I hope somewhere in the pipeline Parish has an overall plan on similar lines...

Hazbaz 13-02-2019 04:03 AM

I’ve always thought it strange that we have away fans right by the linesman where they can try to influence decisions. By rights we should find some remote corner where their influence is minimised and keep the numbers as low as we’re allowed :D

Pointsforprizes 13-02-2019 04:50 AM

Letís be fair heís absolutely correct

palace910 13-02-2019 07:39 AM

Seems to be a whole thread on it on their forum;

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...t&sd=a&start=0

I’ve been a season ticket in the Arthur for over 10 years and have never felt unsafe. But have never been in the away end though as it is now

Dorking .Eagle 13-02-2019 08:26 AM

To be fair, plenty are saying it's their own fans and own stewards fault for turning a blind eye to people pushing into others seats.

The OP sending 'recorded' letters of complaint to all and sundry should look at his own fellow fans first - if they had all used their allotted seats, it would have been far more orderly

Scrumpy 13-02-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 14644979)
To be fair, plenty are saying it's their own fans and own stewards fault for turning a blind eye to people pushing into others seats.

The OP sending 'recorded' letters of complaint to all and sundry should look at his own fellow fans first - if they had all used their allotted seats, it would have been far more orderly

To be honest, isn't that the case for most clubs at away games? Fans standing where they like?

Robin 13-02-2019 09:14 AM

Now perhaps people will understand why the E400 are so unhappy.

Prince Phillip 13-02-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 14644979)

Isn't it standard practice for the more 'lively' away fans to bundle up towards the back rows of the AW irrespective of ticketing?

palace910 13-02-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 14645006)
Now perhaps people will understand why the E400 are so unhappy.

Arthur is a great place to watch footie. Atmosphere keeps well. Better views than the Holmesdale. Nostalgic feel about it. If you get there early enough thereís no problem in getting a beer and some food. Donít try at half time though. There are quite a few moments in the match when you can head to the toilet anyway, best time is when the other team score!

Billy Rhino 13-02-2019 09:45 AM

I know most of us roll eyes when Elgin starts banging on about "the bodge" but this is where his point is very valid. I know Palace are way behind the ground improvement curve thanks to Bloye, Goldberg and Jordan, but the state of the Arthur really is embarrassing these days and it really should be better. Fans deserve to be treated better in this day and age of the TV money.

Also, Noades should take some blame too as he converted the stand to all seater on the cheap, creating the situation now.

Parish needs to starting grasping this nettle and sort it out. We have players earning £6m a year whilst fans can't even get a drink at halftime, it's not acceptable.

Dorking .Eagle 13-02-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrumpy (Post 14644984)
To be honest, isn't that the case for most clubs at away games? Fans standing where they like?

Don't know about other clubs. For Palace (Prem) away games, most tickets are sold out and the vast majority (stand) in their correct seat.

Dorking .Eagle 13-02-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 14645013)
Isn't it standard practice for the more 'lively' away fans to bundle up towards the back rows of the AW irrespective of ticketing?

According to the guy complaining on West Ham's messageboard, the back 4 rows of the AW away section were empty, however it was 15 people to 5 seats further down

ebyeeckeagle 13-02-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrumpy (Post 14644984)

Not really, no.

Yoda 13-02-2019 10:03 AM

I did read one post on that West Ham forum that said the seats weren’t clearly numbered and there weren’t stewards to help direct and control.

Clearly most of their fans stood elsewhere because they wanted to anyway, but our club should at least number the seats clearly over there. Just takes a pot of paint and some time.

I’ve had the same experience at away grounds, where the seats are sometimes strangely numbered and not in a logical sequence.

Payney 13-02-2019 10:10 AM

Yes everyone knows the AW stand isn't great, wasn't long ago we had to squeeze into the away concorse at Upton Park. These cockneys twats have short memories, Prehaps their new breed of clients don't remember.

andyocpfc 13-02-2019 10:25 AM

A complete OTT reaction. Although I don't surf every opponent forum, it'e been like it for years and never heard of any/many complaints other than the view from behind the posts are a git.

I had a season ticket in there for years as a kid when we were in the old Div one in early nineties and never once had a problem. If there is a problem, I would say it's their fans barging into areas they wanted rather than staying in their allocated area.