CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

16eagles 25-10-2017 07:26 PM

Been watching Jairo very closely. He has an awareness of a Cabaye about him and is very good positional and off the ball. Roy will only play him when the mentioned is unavailable. Having all this at such a strong age is rare. I agree at the moment he is ducking out of things though, 2nd goal v Hudd was worst for me. Also he is struggling with the pace of English football.
As most of you should no this gets better with time, lots go through this, he’s 21 and if he gets to speed we could have a seriously valuable player on our hands in future IMO

I would like to think his aim should be to replace Cabaye next season.

Jim Cannon 25-10-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vicar (Post 13911755)
Yes, he is a work in progress, but I am hopeful he will prove very useful over time.

Incoming...

He won't be around long enough. He probably asks his agent every day to find him a new club

SussexRed&Blue 25-10-2017 07:35 PM

He certainly doesn't look like a defender and more of a midfielder with a good pass on him.

You can't have a player who plays in central defence who can't get off the ground and head the ball!

Not sure what De Boer was thinking playing him there for the Huddersfield game. The English Premier League is a big more of a physical than playing for Ajax in the Dutch Eredivisie!

cockles 25-10-2017 07:39 PM

Ask Bristol City's players what they think about Jairo Riedewald having "class" and 'culture'. I'm sure they'd enjoy that.

Glɑzier 25-10-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 13912320)
Been watching Jairo very closely. He has an awareness of a Cabaye about him and is very good positional and off the ball. Roy will only play him when the mentioned is unavailable. Having all this at such a strong age is rare. I agree at the moment he is ducking out of things though, 2nd goal v Hudd was worst for me. Also he is struggling with the pace of English football.
As most of you should no this gets better with time, lots go through this, heís 21 and if he gets to speed we could have a seriously valuable player on our hands in future IMO

Agree 100%, hope Roy has the vision to blood him in gradually, otherwise we do probably lose him.

Kai 25-10-2017 07:43 PM

His passes actually finds a teammate more often than not. I think he has great potential

Martin H 25-10-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 13912235)
Class?

He looks abosolute!y out of his depth

As I said, itís funny how differently we see things.

Martin H 25-10-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 13912338)
You can't have a player who plays in central defence who can't get off the ground and head the ball......!

Genuinely made me LOL. Have you watched us defend corners lately? We have a whole bunch of defenders and keeper that donít jump and a DM that seems to have given up jumping altogether wherever he is. We donít even have a striker left to jump. Itís a joke.

Re Jairo, he isnít playing CB and has only played there in that first game and so I donít think we even know how good he is there. My comments are based on his performances so far in midfield which is where I think itís more likely where he will play.

SussexRed&Blue 25-10-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13912545)
Genuinely made me LOL. Have you watched us defend corners lately? We have a whole bunch of defenders and keeper that donít jump and a DM that seems to have given up jumping altogether wherever he is. We donít even have a striker left to jump. Itís a joke.

Re Jairo, he isnít playing CB and has only played there in that first game and so I donít think we even know how good he is there. My comments are based on his performances so far in midfield which is where I think itís more likely where he will play.

Maybe Roy needs to get them jumping up and down to increase leg strength?!

We always seem to struggle at defending set pieces although Tony Pulis seemed to be able to sort that out.

As for Jairo i think he has a lot of potential as a midfielder and great passer of the ball. Maybe he needs to get on the weights though to build up his strength?!

TheCharmer1 25-10-2017 09:37 PM

I bet he canít wait to leave. Walked into a shit storm. Gone by the start of next season

Sp1Eagle 25-10-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13911159)
Amazing that there are still people who rate this guy as a player.

Amazing that the club use terms such as "due diligence" when making signings.
In any real business, heads would roll for a mistake like this.

Riedewald will be a regular for us next season. Give him a chance.

cantspell 25-10-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13912229)
Funny how we all see and appreciate different things. I think he looks like he will be a class player and is already showing some good stuff. The mistake for the goal was a dumb mistake but he had an excellent first half.

I am with you on this one

4 cryingOutloud 25-10-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling (Post 13910208)
he was going to turn us into the new ajax

The foaming cleanser maybe? In fairness, he was a DeBoer buy.

4 cryingOutloud 25-10-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache (Post 13910735)
Passing and vision??
Jeez he's shown nothing of the sort.
Literally nothing . Name one pass of note ??
If that's what 10m buys you we really should give up.

Second time you've got that wrong. He cost 9mil and yes, 1mil does make a difference.

Spindle 25-10-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 13912320)
As most of you should no this gets better with time, lots go through this, heís 21 and if he gets to speed we could have a seriously valuable player on our hands in future IMO

I agree, he's a tidy player, there is a player in him for sure.

Spindle 25-10-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13912345)
Ask Bristol City's players what they think about Jairo Riedewald having "class" and 'culture'. I'm sure they'd enjoy that.

How many of them would be a regular in an Ajax side?

Maiden Eagle 25-10-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle (Post 13912581)
Riedewald will be a regular for us next season. Give him a chance.

I suppose that depends if he fancies playing in the C'Ship ?

Spindle 25-10-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 13910947)
How much did we pay for Kai Kai?

£10m for a prospect seems like a poor gamble

Kai Kai will not make it as a Premier League player. Too slow and weak on the ball, makes mistakes in passing regularly. He has a song with the fans despite having done nothing at all in his brief cup appearances. He's 22 and hasn't broken through. If we aren't relegated he will go for nowt.

Reidewald is 19 and looks like he could handle it if he continues his development path.

hughff 25-10-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 13912634)
Reidewald is 19 and looks like he could handle it if he continues his development path.

This is key. He's still so young and he will get better. You can't expect him to come in a look like a ten-year pro.

Sp1Eagle 26-10-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 13912634)

He's 21 but the point is spot on. Takes time to adapt to a new league.