CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

Louis 08-11-2020 08:39 PM

BBC World Service radio this morning:

"Elsewhere, Chelsea beat Sheffield United 4-1, Leeds lost 4-1 away at Crystal Palace".

Saying Leeds lost rather than we won is 'big club' bias.

chateauferret 08-11-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 15496444)
BBC World Service radio this morning:

"Elsewhere, Chelsea beat Sheffield United 4-1, Leeds lost 4-1 away at Crystal Palace".

Saying Leeds lost rather than we won is 'big club' bias.

"Got thumped" would have been a bit fairer.

Ardent Eagle Forever 08-11-2020 09:24 PM

Hope Leeds get relegated. Fed up with this shit about them being back where they belong. They belong in the gutter.

Hazbaz 08-11-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 15495680)
Gobber Carragher always has me hitting the mute button. Hideous person, horrendous voice.

Me too, really dislike him and his voice

GorBlimey 08-11-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Neal (Post 15495738)
Long and short.........Lineker is the modern day, Terry Wogan....a smug, overpaid twat.

Nah, at least Terry Wogan had a degree of talent and a twinkle in his eye.

Lineker is just a smug, overpaid c*nt.

CT_Palace 08-11-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd (Post 15495735)
Ed Sheeran flicking the bird there as well

And is that Jim Kerr looking on?

cappuccinoeagle 08-11-2020 10:14 PM

Quite impressed with Cahill as a pundit- streets ahead of Shearer & Wright.

Shipp Ahoy! 07-12-2020 01:40 AM

Pundits (Wright and Jenas) moaning about PVA screaming when Pieira studs him... Yet 99% of players would throw themselves to the floor and roll around in such a situation! Yet they criticise him for screaming out when he gets studs into his stomach???

**** me.

AJ 07-12-2020 02:46 AM

did they mention the Salah dive today :)

Purepalace 07-12-2020 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15529978)
Pundits (Wright and Jenas) moaning about PVA screaming when Pieira studs him... Yet 99% of players would throw themselves to the floor and roll around in such a situation! Yet they criticise him for screaming out when he gets studs into his stomach???

**** me.

It wasn't his 'stomach'.

AJ 07-12-2020 03:18 AM

Quote:

**** me.

i offer to put my studs into their nads to see if they can remain silent :)

chateauferret 07-12-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

**** me.

What a couple of wallies. What was all this "get on with it" shtick as well? It was no less a red card than the one Milivojevic got again Derby in the League Cup and not really different in spirit to the one Beckham got against Argentina in the World Cup in 1998. A straightforward "**** you" kick in retaliation for an innocuous and accidental foul. Sent off all day long.

They'd have been singing a different tune if it had been Alexander-Arnold instead of van Aanholt.

Golf Boy 07-12-2020 09:25 AM

PVA screaming won us the game there. Makes up for the abysmal defending for their goal

Palace Kebab 07-12-2020 09:46 AM

I have been surprised by the 'no way was that a sending off' reaction by pretty much all the media. It could be argued a bit soft, but in a VAR age would be red 95% of the time. As others have said there have been several worse ones already this season. If a Palace player was sent off for that, i would be more inclined to blame the player for his stupidity than the ref.

Uncle Neal 07-12-2020 10:45 AM

Looked like a yellow to me but then again, I would have given Beckham a yellow if that is the measure.

Game has gone too soft in my opinion.

That said, Bilic (remember his cheating deprived Laurent Blanc of a place in the WC final) did not moan too much.

sirdougie 07-12-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace Kebab (Post 15530335)
I have been surprised by the 'no way was that a sending off' reaction by pretty much all the media. It could be argued a bit soft, but in a VAR age would be red 95% of the time. As others have said there have been several worse ones already this season. If a Palace player was sent off for that, i would be more inclined to blame the player for his stupidity than the ref.

Jenas and Wright admitted that by the current rules that it was a red card. Their argument was that they think the rule is wrong, not this particular decision.

Spindle 07-12-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

**** me.

And he didn't go down.

Wright isn't even any good at Christmas adverts. Get that twat off TV.

Johnsonpen 07-12-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 15530314)
PVA screaming won us the game there. Makes up for the abysmal defending for their goal

PVA was hit by him and it clearly hurt, but he in no way tried to get the player sent off. Shame this was not commented on

Johnsonpen 07-12-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15496614)
Quite impressed with Cahill as a pundit- streets ahead of Shearer & Wright.

I would love to see us engage Cahill as a coach - really had something as a player and just get the feeling he will be a good future manager - doing his badges and would be attracted by working with Roy and Ray

DANGERMOUSE 07-12-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsonpen (Post 15530491)
PVA was hit by him and it clearly hurt, but he in no way tried to get the player sent off. Shame this was not commented on

Exactly. He was kicked in the stomach and as an instinctive defensive reaction bent over to get his midriff out of harm's way. He didn't go down, didn't roll around, didn't even make that much of a deal with the ref.

Punishing retaliation and violent conduct depends on its intent, not its success. Why the panel got on their high horse about it is baffling.