CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sports Donkey- is it worth it? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=275997)

Jordan555x 04-08-2018 01:33 PM

Sports Donkey- is it worth it?

I have been thinking about buying it before the season starts. Is it worth the $40? Does it run well?

I already have BT Sport so all the BT Sport games can be run off my phone.

Does it display all Palace games that are on TV?

Thanks

Billy Rhino 04-08-2018 02:16 PM

Im contemplating this, is it just a corporate bodge or the real deal?

thomasbroad 04-08-2018 02:19 PM

Last season it was amazing.
Recently it's been pretty bad, it's streams are back now though but not the best quality right now.

Hoping it sorts itself out for the season.

bradpitt 04-08-2018 02:20 PM

It was excellent all last season but unfortunately they got hacked or busted a month or so ago which has meant they've had to complete rebuild, it's not quite back to its best yet.

jjeagle 04-08-2018 02:20 PM

I've had it for approx. 9 months and had no problems. Very, very little buffering. They have had some issues recently but l've just watched the cricket on it :lux::lux:

Joe85 04-08-2018 02:23 PM

Had it for 2 years with no issues until it was shutdown some weeks back.

Not used it since.

ExiledStirling 04-08-2018 02:26 PM

All Palace PL games are broadcast. You get access to a load of TV channels, UK and abroad, so is great value. For the most part the quality and reliability is spot on, though there are occasional glitches.

However I understand their have been some issues over the Summer re their output (others will know better than me what it is all about) so maybe wait til the season starts to commit. I am lucky that my subscription runs out in October so I will have plenty of time to work out if I should renew.

EDIT: I always find the mad commie bastard Elgin is a font of knowledge who I turn to for advice on such issues. (love you really Paul :love:) So if he does not hit this thread maybe PM him.

bigend1 04-08-2018 02:30 PM

What are our options this season? I was planning on donkey again but didn’t realise it had issues.

bradpitt 04-08-2018 02:37 PM

I’m going to stick with Donkey for now, the coverage next Saturday will be key

mexicaneagle 04-08-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14369365)
All Palace PL games are broadcast. You get access to a load of TV channels, UK and abroad, so is great value. For the most part the quality and reliability is spot on, though there are occasional glitches.

However I understand their have been some issues over the Summer re their output (others will know better than me what it is all about) so maybe wait til the season starts to commit. I am lucky that my subscription runs out in October so I will have plenty of time to work out if I should renew.

Thanks. a couple of questions to you or any other SportsDonkey ITK:

1. Are all Palace PL games broadcast, or just "all" that are on Sky/BT etc?
2. Is the stream significantly behind real life - so I will see a load of celebratory posts on the BBS 2 minutes before I see a goal?

Got to be better than a dodgy laggy stream!

BillyTKid 04-08-2018 02:42 PM

I’d love to have access to all the 3pm games. Had a season ticket for many years but given it up this year as I have young children. How does this fit with copyright laws?

bradpitt 04-08-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexicaneagle (Post 14369378)

2. Is the stream significantly behind real life - so I will see a load of celebratory posts on the BBS 2 minutes before I see a goal?

Every Palace game was on last season from foreign channels. There is very little lag.

ExiledStirling 04-08-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexicaneagle (Post 14369378)

Yes all Premier League games are broadcast. I would say that it is a minute or so behind real time (I put on Soccer Saturday on my tv so I can keep up to date with other scores and watch it with a minute or two lag).

You should be for the most part be okay on the live.comm thread, as it would only really be people listening on the radio that can give an early alert (most surely will access streams) or people at the game (but they wont post until after they finish celebrating I would have thought)

Jordan555x 04-08-2018 02:48 PM

I think its probably smart to pay for a day pass ($6) for the Fulham game and make a decision based from that.

mexicaneagle 04-08-2018 02:48 PM

Thanks, all. Think I'll sign up. Fed up with grey market poor quality laggy streams. might try the one day pass as suggested.

bubbs11 04-08-2018 03:04 PM

If it's the same quality as it has been for the last 2 seasons, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. Compared to the stream links you get it is on another planet.

You can just log on at 2:55pm, find our game in the list; click and there it is. Hassle free and top quality.

On the very odd occasion the screen freezes, you just refresh and it's back straight away. It really is the least fuss, stress free option.

But, as others have said, due to the problems they've had, i'd wait until after the first match to see if it's back to it's old self before committing for a year.

wedgetail 04-08-2018 03:10 PM

A bit like Ings then?

chav_hater 04-08-2018 03:11 PM

Is it iPhone / iPad compatible?

Joe85 04-08-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater (Post 14369412)
Is it iPhone / iPad compatible?

Yes, direct from the website.

st albans 04-08-2018 03:25 PM

Yes. Close thread