CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

Nth Kent Eagle 24-11-2013 05:26 PM

If people wish to criticise aspects of Match of the Day that is perfectly fine. Linekar's comment about Chamakh was just rude and snidey. Hansen should have earned his punditry money by explaining why we lack quality and where and what to do about it. Kilbane seemed more reasoned. Still, I would prefer our fans to criticise television pundits than make the kind of repetitive, whinging criticisms that we have had to put up with over the past couple of years, including calling fans trying to be positive sycophants.

PauLo 24-11-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anti-addick (Post 11422039)
But you come on here defending the c*nt.

Who's defending him? Was just pointing out the irony that Hansen just said what all of us have been saying for a long time.

I swear people only watch MOTD because they know there's gonna be something on there that they can moan about. There should be a sticky at the top of the page called 'The Moan About MOTD Thread'.

Chillo 24-11-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 11422094)
If people wish to criticise aspects of Match of the Day that is perfectly fine. Linekar's comment about Chamakh was just rude and snidey.

which is what I said to him on Twitter.

I don't expect it will change the world, but sloppy presentation is sloppy presentation, whenever it happens.

scro 24-11-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 11421587)
Thats fair since he's done it only 1 time, and we've played 12 so far.

We have improved considerably. Playing one up front our lone striker is currently good value at 11/1. Like you say that rate has been achieved when we looked far less likely to even be the team that scored first.

I will be keeping an eye on it as I think better has been available on bet fair certainly the next three matches, if he plays, I will bet.

anti-addick 24-11-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 11422076)
I suppose you went to Hull yesterday? Going to Norwich next week?

Or does slagging off MOTD make you a Palace fan now?

What do you mean now?
Using the "I'm a bigger fan" bullshit line - even worse now we're in the top flight. Given that I'd have to travel double the distance you would to get to that game then no I'm not going to Norwich and nor are 20,000 other fans that you don't consider fans. I live 3 1/2 hours drive from Palace - how many games do you think you'd get to then eh? You probably hop on a train for 2 on your oyster card and you're there. I bet you didn't bother coming down to the mid-week league cup match vs Bristol City though.

You really are a twat mate. Getting all shitty because I negged you, then offering me out behind the scenes for a pub fight. Just f*ck off you total knob.

Newfie 24-11-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 11420934)
After the game during the analysis, watch when they're showing Chamakh getting injured.

Is it just me, or when Chamakh's bandage came off does Lineker say "even his bandages are rubbish" ?

Twat.

Actually, to be fair I think the bandage was rubbish. It (they) were never going to stay on. Too loose and expandable. If you could see the repairs to McShane you will notice that they used something like 4cm. duct tape which they even put over his left ear. It never came off.!

Billyd 24-11-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anti-addick (Post 11422123)
What do you mean now?
Using the "I'm a bigger fan" bullshit line - even worse now we're in the top flight. Given that I'd have to travel double the distance you would to get to that game then no I'm not going to Norwich and nor are 20,000 other fans that you don't consider fans. I live 3 1/2 hours drive from Palace - how many games do you think you'd get to then eh? You probably hop on a train for 2 on your oyster card and you're there. I bet you didn't bother coming down to the mid-week league cup match vs Bristol City though.

You really are a twat mate. Getting all shitty because I negged you, then offering me out behind the scenes for a pub fight. Just f*ck off you total knob.

Brilliant. I asked if you were going to Norwich. You question if I was a Palace fan because I questioned if slagging off Gary Linerker every week makes me not a Palace fan? Read your post.

As I said; precious. As you were.

anti-addick 24-11-2013 05:58 PM

You are at odds with us.

mikethetie2010 24-11-2013 06:06 PM

:lux::lux:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 (Post 11421074)
Just caught up with MOTD what a disrespectful p*** take that was, big ears snidey comment, no mention of the ridiculous sending off and Hansen's one liner at the end which was well out of order! Whether it's true or not that's the only thing he said, completely negative and and no praise what so ever. After watching that no one should ever slag Merson off again! I caught the last 20 mins of him after work and he told Bolasie's sending off how it was and seemed quite excited that we scored and won. BBC are armatures compared to SKY, effing disgraceful public service........I don't know why I'm getting wound up about it.

We're not fashionable and we're always at our best when we're starring down the barrel of a gun. That's why I'm looking forward to Pulis' appointment. I hope we go and give these premiership luvies a good kick up in the air on our way to survival and give Hansen and co so something to really moan about!!

Arron 24-11-2013 06:13 PM

This thread pretty much sums up Palace fans. Stick two of us in a room and we'd quite happily argue with each other all day and all night. :D

Typical Palace 24-11-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_eagle (Post 11421698)
He has got big ears.

He had a nose job early in his career - just check out pics of his hooter when he was at Everton

ExiledStirling 24-11-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_eagle (Post 11421698)
He has got big ears.

So what.

I do not think Noddy gives a shit.

David of Kent 24-11-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arron (Post 11422172)
This thread pretty much sums up Palace fans. Stick two of us in a room and we'd quite happily argue with each other all day and all night. :D

No we wouldn't

DARZET EAGLE 24-11-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David of Kent (Post 11422217)
No we wouldn't

Yes we would.

Celestial Empire 24-11-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauLo (Post 11422106)
Who's defending him? Was just pointing out the irony that Hansen just said what all of us have been saying for a long time.

I swear people only watch MOTD because they know there's gonna be something on there that they can moan about. There should be a sticky at the top of the page called 'The Moan About MOTD Thread'.

Palace "lack quality".
Compared to what ?
What does "quality" actually mean ?
What about 14 point Hull City, do they have "quality" ? Where exactly ?

Still, it's all good if they write us off.:)
I guess Chamakh's bandage kept falling off because of his "exotic" haircut ?

Falco 24-11-2013 07:03 PM

I generically agree that it seems wrong to slag off MOTD. But then you watch any Sky programme, and you get insightful, intelligent analysis. Not all pro palace by any means, but with an understanding of where we have been, who we are and what we need to do. Lineker, Hansen, shearer have none of this, just think we are shit given in their twenty minutes in the studio they'd rather watch Man U or Liverpool or arsenal. It's the ignorance that is insulting

Garfy 24-11-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always an Eagle (Post 11420953)
Snide is to good for him.

Totally unnecessary to snipe at a player with an injury that required 8 stitches.

Lineker snobby wanker.

Wasn't it a broken toe nail or something equally pathetic that put him out of the game?

Celestial Empire 24-11-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco (Post 11422233)
I generically agree that it seems wrong to slag off MOTD. But then you watch any Sky programme, and you get insightful, intelligent analysis. Not all pro palace by any means, but with an understanding of where we have been, who we are and what we need to do. Lineker, Hansen, shearer have none of this, just think we are shit given in their twenty minutes in the studio they'd rather watch Man U or Liverpool or arsenal. It's the ignorance that is insulting

I think that's the point of Kilbane. Bit of a journeyman, never played for a "top club". There to speak up for the also-rans ?

SSC-SON 24-11-2013 07:23 PM

Hansen is a miserable knob head who has no interest in Palace

dtmidget 24-11-2013 07:31 PM

Also annoying that MOTD and Sky Sports both failed to highlight the red card that shouldn't have been. They banged on about the Wes Brown red for long enough which will almost certainly be overturned by the FA with all the publicity but as usual Palace don't get the focus of the cameras who were more interested in showing Pulis sad next to Parish!

Hansen has always annoyed me with his bias but Lineker is increasingly becoming so full of his own opinion he has become equally irritating!