CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

GorBlimey 23-02-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14660475)
To be fair, 1st is his other favourites Spurs losing!

But not losing 1-4. He's a dreadfully biased host.

RobertCPFC 23-02-2019 09:26 PM

Bur/Tot, Lei/CP, New/Hud, Bou/Wol, Car/Wat, WHU/Ful

10:20, only on for 70 minutes this week.

bradpitt 23-02-2019 10:29 PM

The absolute bargain basement of pundits tonight, Keown and that utter c**t rocket Ince

Joe85 23-02-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradpitt (Post 14660593)
The absolute bargain basement of pundits tonight, Keown and that utter c**t rocket Ince

Ha come on to make the same comment. It's like **** Top Trumps.

CT_Palace 23-02-2019 10:46 PM

Is it possible to rep a whole thread?

I love this thread. Haven't watched MOTD for years, although I could using my VPN, but why would I? I see all the games live and really don't need to hear any pundit's interpretation of what went on during the game. But, having said all that, this thread is possibly one of the most entertaining on the BBS. Long may MOTD live!

Bobby Woodruff 23-02-2019 10:58 PM

Ince is so eloquent isn't he. :supergrin:

Skiddo 23-02-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Woodruff (Post 14660611)
Ince is so eloquent isn't he. :supergrin:

I only watched the Leicester-Palace and Newcastle-Huddersfield games and we had from Ince a mention of “Claude Puyol” presumably Leicester’s manager and a reference to the new Paraguayan Newcastle striker making his “day-bute” and then later in the same section of analysis, his “deb-yute”.

bestperch 24-02-2019 12:11 AM

Keown on Wilfs first goal. "Zaha just had to tap that in." Still hasn't got over the ZDS !

macstar 24-02-2019 01:07 AM

Opening line of MOTD by Lineker "and here are two people who never shurk a challenge...Martin Keown and Paul Ince". LIES. Paul Ince in bottle job penalty shoot out avoidance. Grrrr.

Purepalace 24-02-2019 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macstar (Post 14660691)
Opening line of MOTD by Lineker "and here are two people who never shurk a challenge...Martin Keown and Paul Ince". LIES. Paul Ince in bottle job penalty shoot out avoidance. Grrrr.

Ince should have been arrested and charged the night of the C*ntona incident. He was throwing punches into the crowd that were quickly forgotten about.

in-exile 24-02-2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14653168)
Much rather have Scott than Souness. Frankly the dour miserable bastard.

FFS some of you lot must hate it when your wives talk for more than a minute. Christ. If they're half decent I have absolutely no issue with it. Some of them are and some are not. Let's be honest the bar has been set pretty low by the old near geriatric white blokes we've been getting for years anyway.

Why bring Colour into it?

Bipe 24-02-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiddo (Post 14660641)
I only watched the Leicester-Palace and Newcastle-Huddersfield games and we had from Ince a mention of “Claude Puyol” presumably Leicester’s manager and a reference to the new Paraguayan Newcastle striker making his “day-bute” and then later in the same section of analysis, his “deb-yute”.

It was a masterful performance from Ince. He also referred to Chris Wood as 'Woods' several times, Alderweireld became 'Alderveld' and he remarked that Wood and Barnes have been 'imperative up front for Burnley' in recent games. Which I suppose in a literal sense could be true but I'm not sure he meant it that way. Imperious maybe?? At any rate it was too class punditry from the guy who makes Teddy Sheringham look like Peter Ustinov.

Coastal Palace 24-02-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 14660705)
Ince should have been arrested and charged the night of the C*ntona incident. He was throwing punches into the crowd that were quickly forgotten about.

I remember seeing Denny Warren and his mrs being interviewed a day or so after. Might have been Thames News, anyway his mrs was telling the interviewer how much an attack from Ince had upset her Denny!!!
He'd have eaten Ince alive.

Wycombe Eagle#2 24-02-2019 08:52 AM

Persoanlly i think Keown is a bigger **** than Ince. Keown thinks he's some sort of professor and talks like an effing drone. He talks at people and thinks he's right about everything. Problem is 90% of the tripe that comes out his mouth is utter bo!!ox

If City had gone to Leicester and put 4 past them with those counter attacks they would've been creaming themselves. Not enough credit for Zaha's first imo. Great work by the general and vision to put that ball across. Watch Zaha, so clever to see what's developing and check his run so he's not offside, then a couple finish. But all that freak Keown can say is he just has to tap it in.

Keown is the BBC version of Chris Sutton:jerkit:

Nth Kent Eagle 24-02-2019 08:57 AM

Wasn't it Ince who committed the foul which was inside the box at the cup final replay?

Old Joe Paxton 24-02-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 14660797)
I remember seeing Denny Warren and his mrs being interviewed a day or so after. Might have been Thames News, anyway his mrs was telling the interviewer how much an attack from Ince had upset her Denny!!!
He'd have eaten Ince alive.

Denny Warren assume is some ‘face’ that I should have heard of and be afraid of from the time? Rather than being the second villain from a forgotten episode of the Sweeney circa 1977?

dim 24-02-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 14660825)
Wasn't it Ince who committed the foul which was inside the box at the cup final replay?

McClair.

st albans 24-02-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 14660374)
That must be a Lineker choice.

Tosser

Or they've gone with the team currently sat in third place in the league getting surprisingly beaten away at relegation threatened Burnley.... Regardless of our scoreline we were never going to be first. Fair enough

art malice 24-02-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 14660789)
It was a masterful performance from Ince. He also referred to Chris Wood as 'Woods' several times, Alderweireld became 'Alderveld' and he remarked that Wood and Barnes have been 'imperative up front for Burnley' in recent games. Which I suppose in a literal sense could be true but I'm not sure he meant it that way. Imperious maybe?? At any rate it was too class punditry from the guy who makes Teddy Sheringham look like Peter Ustinov.

:supergrin:

He’s like something out of Doctor Who

dim 24-02-2019 09:18 AM

Whoever supplies the helium to Ince and Carragher must make a fortune.