CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

cranesparkeagle 09-02-2014 01:07 AM

I thought Foster got theman on the way to the ball, It almost looks like you shouldnt look art the outstretched leg but the rest of Foster which did catch Chamakh

cockles 09-02-2014 01:14 AM

Two footed tackle no? Thought thats an auto red card even if then don't catch the man....

Maybe refs are afraid to send off strikers after the Pony Traps moaning all week.

simplex 09-02-2014 01:15 AM

Yep.. Thought that wasn't really..on, even more of a cahnt is the knob that sent it in thinking it was newsworthy

west country boy 09-02-2014 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlee11 (Post 11567188)
strange editorial decision to not include Murray's entrance onto the pitch. It would have taken 10 seconds and added some nice colour to a real story.

Not really, since it wasn't a major part of the match, and Shearer mentioned it afterwards anyway.

Kirby 09-02-2014 02:37 AM

If anyone genuinely thought that was a penalty today they are certifiably mental.

Foster clearly got the ball and I was amazed the ref gave it.

Delighted mind, but amazed.

tasty_snacks 09-02-2014 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 11567294)
If anyone genuinely thought that was a penalty today they are certifiably mental.

Sense prevails.

Madness around me in the upper tier were flabbergasted when he wasn't sent off. I was equally dumbstruck by their baying.

The more pertinent question is, why the **** didn't Chakmakh bury it when one on one?

Neillo's Son 09-02-2014 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasty_snacks (Post 11567298)
Sense prevails.

Madness around me in the upper tier were flabbergasted when he wasn't sent off. I was equally dumbstruck by their baying.

The more pertinent question is, why the **** didn't Chakmakh bury it when one on one?

Southampton away suggests he prefers to round the keeper and hope for a penalty.

Given that Foster was unlucky today, Chamakh clearly isn't very good at it but fortunately today we got something in our favour.

TAK 09-02-2014 03:10 AM

At least he can take a penalty well.

KungFuCharlie 09-02-2014 04:42 AM

Have re-watched it now about 20 times. Still not really sure. He does get the ball, sort of.

Even so, it was a pretty stupid thing to do in that situation. The chances of him making the tackle cleanly enough to avoid a possible penalty was almost zero. Obviously would have preferred MC to have buried it in open play, but thems the breaks.

Cleon 09-02-2014 07:18 AM

I had a good view at the time and I wasn't convinced, but it's the kind of goalkeeper challenge which clearly invite the decision. Any keeper doing what Foster did knows that they are inviting a penalty decision.

For all the slow mo and frame by frame analysis later I'm still not convinced whether or not it was technically a foul, but it's all irrelevant. The keeper's actions invited a decision! and the decision went our way.

firesign 09-02-2014 08:32 AM

I think it quite possible to get the ball first and yet still foul someone.

It is also possible to not get the ball first and not foul someone.

ExiledStirling 09-02-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 11567294)

Oh.... I thought it was a penalty as I thought, like others, Chamakh touches the ball away from Foster and then gets taken down. To me it is an obvious penalty.

Interesting that we are all watching the same thing and seeing it totally differently.

JAS78 09-02-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleon (Post 11567347)
I had a good view at the time and I wasn't convinced, but it's the kind of goalkeeper challenge which clearly invite the decision. Any keeper doing what Foster did knows that they are inviting a penalty decision.

For all the slow mo and frame by frame analysis later I'm still not convinced whether or not it was technically a foul, but it's all irrelevant. The keeper's actions invited a decision! and the decision went our way.

Exactly

In the full run of the game it looks a penalty all day long. When a keeper comes hurtling out any decent forward will always have it in their mind to 'wait' for the contact, most refs will give the foul. It happens every week, in every league.

AJ's right boot 09-02-2014 08:36 AM

Ah anyone remember Foster punching AJ in the head during his Watford days. **** him. It wasn't a penalty so its even sweeter.

JAS78 09-02-2014 08:37 AM

Keepers need to wise up and not go to ground so easily.

Golf Boy 09-02-2014 08:39 AM

He took Chamakh out, and had it happened anywhere else on the pitch a foul would have been given without complaint.

Interesting take on the rules - if a players bootlaces touch the ball ( the technology probably isn't that far away), does this mean the tackle is good?

Very impressed with the eyesight of those who clearly saw it was a clean tackle in real time. To my untrained eye it looked like Cham was clattered.

eagle-leg 09-02-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 11567386)
He took Chamakh out, and had it happened anywhere else on the pitch a foul would have been given without complaint.

Interesting take on the rules - if a players bootlaces touch the ball ( the technology probably isn't that far away), does this mean the tackle is good?

Very impressed with the eyesight of those who clearly saw it was a clean tackle in real time. To my untrained eye it looked like Cham was clattered.

This....

He took Cham out in the box.

Irrelevant whether he go a slight toe to the ball.

anti-addick 09-02-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlee11 (Post 11567188)
strange editorial decision to not include Murray's entrance onto the pitch. It would have taken 10 seconds and added some nice colour to a real story.

They did a spotlight on it after. Did you turn the telly over to Babestation or something?

anti-addick 09-02-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 11567386)

Totally. I'm amazed we have so many saying it wasn't a penno. Had it been for WBA I'd have thought it was a penno too, I suspect that the nayers here would've been saying the same.

As for a red card. Obvious. Was he last man? We appeal of course but there were defenders closing in.

Jon_C-Pal 09-02-2014 09:19 AM

It's a hard decision to make on a slomo replay so real time would be impossible. I think the ref looks for the ball to change direction as the keeper dives in but although he gets a touch to it he knocks it the same way it was already travelling. Personally I thought he got the man first so the penalty was justified but it should have been a red.