CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

sw16girl 24-11-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrews69 (Post 11421546)
Compared to Sky's coverage of all games MOTD is piss poor.

If you want to be the flagship show for the Premiership then you should do your best to be the best.

I'd much rather have Chris Kamara and Ben Shepherd present MOTD with special guests. Goals on Sunday shows MOTD what it should be.

Sky is, of course, everything that is good about the modern game.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 24-11-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw16girl (Post 11421553)
Sky is, of course, everything that is good about the modern game.

Sky have pumped millions of ££££ into football and always done an excellent job at broadcasting it, ditto the cricket.

To me, the problem appears to be more what the game's governing bodies and clubs appear to have used the money that is the problem (even if that includes giving Sky too much power).

Andrews69 24-11-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw16girl (Post 11421553)
Sky is, of course, everything that is good about the modern game.

I feel you may have misinterpreted my comments ;)

I'm aware of how the beast that is sky is ruining modern football, but purely from a highlights package point of view Sky definitely do it right.

Nth Kent Eagle 24-11-2013 12:01 PM

Lineker, Hansen, Shearer, perhaps if they know so much they should try proving it as managers?

sw16girl 24-11-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrews69 (Post 11421560)
I feel you may have misinterpreted my comments ;)

I'm aware of how the beast that is sky is ruining modern football, but purely from a highlights package point of view Sky definitely do it right.

Surely you see the irony of blaming Sky and then paying them though? I don't have Sky and never would (if of course you've watched the programme on a free rip off feed then all power to you)

Gark Moldberg 24-11-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David of Kent (Post 11421524)
The criticism of Chamakh (particularly by Savage) is boorish.

Talking of Savage, I felt sorry for the palace supporter that phoned in 606 last night. He was phoning about the sending off but they completely ignored his point and responded with a question as to whether he was frustrated that it had taken a month to get a manager in. Once they discussed this, Savage then went off one one about how the result changes nothing and palace are going down.

To think that he was once close to playing for the club.

seaweedhater 24-11-2013 12:10 PM

Hansen always hated us!

Pikie Punisher 24-11-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 11421464)
Very good, can't help wondering what the "surprise" might be though....

Let's put it this way, Delia always has a baked bean starter........

Forever Stripes 24-11-2013 12:13 PM

The Sky program at 10 where you can select the Palace match and watch about 40 mins of the game is so much better than MOD and Lineker anyway. On that they were saying it was a shame Chamakh went off as he was working hard and holding the ball well.

Then I switched to MOD to watch that rubbish. Didn't even consider the sending off I don't think.

scro 24-11-2013 12:23 PM

This strange Chamakh bashing by the MOTD team could prove profitable. Chamakh is now regularly around 11/1 for first goal. I think that will prove decent value if he starts the next 3 games.

cockles 24-11-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scro (Post 11421583)
This strange Chamakh bashing by the MOTD team could prove profitable. Chamakh is now regularly around 11/1 for first goal. I think that will prove decent value if he starts the next 3 games.

Thats fair since he's done it only 1 time, and we've played 12 so far.

andy m 24-11-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 11421358)
I knew a BBC producer who did not like Jools Holland, and would tell me on a few occasions what an unpleasant person he is. Which again goes against the public persona of him. However the guy was a bit of a tight twat so maybe Jools Holland simply did not like him, which I thought was an easily understood viewpoint to hold.

Jools Holland is actually a really nice bloke.

Billy Rhino 24-11-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher (Post 11421573)
Let's put it this way, Delia always has a baked bean starter........

So, a chocolate bomb?

RAB 24-11-2013 01:09 PM

The problem with MOTD compared to Sky's ‘Goals on Sunday’ is that MOTD doesn't have the time to provide fuller analysis. MOTD focuses on the ‘Big 4’ because they are catering for general viewers rather than a more narrow football audience because they don’t have Sky's rights to show live matches. Their format therefore reflects that and so they have the presenter/panel of former players who are likely to compliment with each other. The show cannot risk controversy of the panel disagreeing because of time constraints.

As with many long running shows on the BBC, the presenters eventually run out of steam and like Parkinson and Edmunds before him, Lineker’s time may be running dry soon.
MOTD will go on because it's a bit of a public institution with the iconic tune but with Hansen astutely seeing the writing on the wall and going before he was pushed, along with the reviews taking place at the BBC, MOTD will I expect be revamped for next season.

The Savile Scandal has cut deep into the BBC’s image with its very integrity under the spotlight. Its presenters are the public face.

The days when the BBC could afford to be complacent about its sports coverage because ITV was so poor are over. It’s not only Sky where more and more are now prepared to have pay to view, BT are also serious competitors for sports and have made football a priority.

The BBC, with all the public service and licence issues always up for debate will be under increasing pressure and MOTD, although still on the schedules may soon become as irrelevant as 'Tops as the Pops' did.

David of Kent 24-11-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaweedhater (Post 11421572)
Hansen always hated us!

Well he did lose Pardew at the far post!!

NorthPalace23 24-11-2013 01:14 PM

The comment at the start about how we replaced a balding 50 something manager for another balding fifty something manager was pathetic. If he mentions people's appearance then he should have no complaints when people draw attention to his overgrown ears.

I can't stand Linekar. He is a serial adulterer and a slimeball. The sooner they completely re vamp this tired show the better.

eagle mart 24-11-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 (Post 11421624)
The comment at the start about how we replaced a balding 50 something manager for another balding fifty something manager was pathetic.

Not sure if serious..

It was a pretty good link.

EdMan 24-11-2013 01:20 PM

Honestly don't know why people take pundits so seriously. Being on tv doesn't make their opinions any more valid than those of the rest of us.

Andrews69 24-11-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAB (Post 11421617)
The problem with MOTD compared to Sky's ‘Goals on Sunday’ is that MOTD doesn't have the time to provide fuller analysis. MOTD focuses on the ‘Big 4’ because they are catering for general viewers rather than a more narrow football audience because they don’t have Sky's rights to show live matches. Their format therefore reflects that and so they have the presenter/panel of former players who are likely to compliment with each other. The show cannot risk controversy of the panel disagreeing because of time constraints.

MOTD can go on for 90 minutes without adverts.

Goals on Sunday is 2 hours with adverts.

Take the adverts away, that's about 100 minutes. take out Scottish goals and championship goals that's about 90 mins in length.

With a mix of different football guests each week keeping it fresh, interaction from fans via tweeting and e-mail and time to talk about what the guests are up to.

So much more in the same amount of time. Both have highlight packages so footage is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

NorthPalace23 24-11-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle mart (Post 11421630)
Not sure if serious..

It was a pretty good link.

Disagree. It was childish like the standard of their punditry.

If MOTD wants to be respected as a quality programme then making unfunny quips like that is the wrong way to go.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.