CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Owngoal 21-08-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamone (Post 13791666)
My passing rate would be 100% if I rolled it back to the keeper everytime I got it too :D

Yes but you know I based that on his record in the Dutch league. May be better in midfield

Littlecaesar 21-08-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 13791688)
TBF it's the ones that have had great debuts that end up being mediocre. Remember zGabbiadini looked very good in first game. Mind you I disn't think he did that badly for us. Dont think coppell and alan smith played to his strengths. Same for ward and Murray

Jedi's debut away at Doncaster was one of the worst I've ever seen...

Jim Cannon 21-08-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlecaesar (Post 13791886)
Jedi's debut away at Doncaster was one of the worst I've ever seen...

Jedi looked pretty shite for a most of his first season!

AJ 21-08-2017 01:55 PM

Great, so another 13m spent on a player who isnt ready for the first team.

Shipp Ahoy! 21-08-2017 02:12 PM

AJ was incredibly average (at best) when he first came to us.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-08-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owngoal (Post 13791473)
Growing pains happen and he is 20 - may be taller yet. FDB said Tuesday may be too early but Saturday a possibility. His passing record is the impressive thing about his career so far which we need.

Don't men generally stop growing at 18? I mean it may be genuine or maybe it was due to language barrier but I have never heard of a football player missing a game due to growing pains before (to my memory, which may well be flawed).

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-08-2017 03:15 PM

Re. His passing.

I watched the full Huddersfield game back last week (sometimes when I'm at the game I get too wrapped up in it so don't really see what happened properly). Anyway, Riedewald did make a few good forward passes and one very good one. So there is obviously some ability there and it could be an asset but his defending was simply awful.

The attempted headed clearance in the opening minutes, gifted Ince a great chance to score, was just so timid and poor. Then there were the two goals and a lot more confused, uncertain defending. Maybe that early error made him nervous and he started to feel the pressure.

I certainly believe he can and will improve but as debuts go it was shocking. I have rarely, if ever, seen a worse one.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-08-2017 03:23 PM

I do have some concern that our budget is apparently very tight and we spent the best part of £10m on our only permanent transfer who had an absolute shocker on his debut.

fly eagle 21-08-2017 04:12 PM

Going back a few year Evra and Vidic were absolutely trash for united for a full 6 months.

Not sure how you can judge a player after 1 game when the whole team bar 1 player were also terrible.

Then again people want to sack the manager after 1 game, so I shouldn't be surprised

Nostrils 21-08-2017 04:18 PM

I was away, and could only watch using the wifi in a bar on my phone so couldn't hear, is it true that he was being boo'd after 17 minutes on his debut? If true, pretty sure that's not going to help him play with confidence.

Dave McGregor 21-08-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13791897)
Jedi looked pretty shite for a most of his first season!

On a tangent but what has Jedi done at villa? Not even a sub - is he injured?

Penstone Eagle 21-08-2017 04:57 PM

Someone that can pass the ball to WH accurately, great signing.

vincentinbetwee 21-08-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave McGregor (Post 13792319)

He is injured

in-exile 21-08-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Believe so!

Lombardo's hair 21-08-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13792144)
Re. His passing.

I watched the full Huddersfield game back last week (sometimes when I'm at the game I get too wrapped up in it so don't really see what happened properly). Anyway, Riedewald did make a few good forward passes and one very good one. So there is obviously some ability there and it could be an asset but his defending was simply awful.

The attempted headed clearance in the opening minutes, gifted Ince a great chance to score, was just so timid and poor. Then there were the two goals and a lot more confused, uncertain defending. Maybe that early error made him nervous and he started to feel the pressure.

I certainly believe he can and will improve but as debuts go it was shocking. I have rarely, if ever, seen a worse one.

Must have missed a few then😀.

Lombardo's hair 21-08-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13792277)
I was away, and could only watch using the wifi in a bar on my phone so couldn't hear, is it true that he was being boo'd after 17 minutes on his debut? If true, pretty sure that's not going to help him play with confidence.

If there was booing I think it may have been aimed at hennessey who kept passing it to JR

Nostrils 21-08-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 13792390)
If there was booing I think it may have been aimed at hennessey who kept passing it to JR

Blimey, he's done worse than that before and not got boo'd :).

DARZET EAGLE 21-08-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Yes.

Martin H 21-08-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 13792390)

Nah, not unless Hennessey was in the centre circle.

cdm61 21-08-2017 05:43 PM

FdB claimed he had growing pains

Den Haag Eagle 21-08-2017 05:59 PM

In the interview on Dutch tv he said JR had pain in his groin. I guess it's the accent :-)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-08-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den Haag Eagle (Post 13792489)
In the interview on Dutch tv he said JR had pain in his groin. I guess it's the accent :-)

Haha... So groin pains being heard/ reported as growing pains. That's quite funny. I did say I wondered if there was some confusion due to the language.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-08-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly eagle (Post 13792266)
Going back a few year Evra and Vidic were absolutely trash for united for a full 6 months.

Not sure how you can judge a player after 1 game when the whole team bar 1 player were also terrible.

Then again people want to sack the manager after 1 game, so I shouldn't be surprised

No one is writing him off or making a final judgement about him.

We can only discuss him on the basis of what he has done so far. And that was very poor. So it is understandable there is a bit of concern about the signing at the moment. Nothing more than that.

Lombardo's hair 21-08-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13792403)
Blimey, he's done worse than that before and not got boo'd :).

Sorry meant to add it was because huddersfield started closing him down bit he kept passing it to him

Lombardo's hair 21-08-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13792447)
Nah, not unless Hennessey was in the centre circle.

Hennessey in centre circle impossible isn't ir. Never leaves 6 yard box

H.Bomb 22-08-2017 08:29 AM

Give the lad time.

cockles 22-08-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.Bomb (Post 13793359)
Give the lad time.

The squad currently has him as 1st choice LCB of the back 3.
Delaney is down as his backup, and he wasn't even selected for the bench in any match so far.

Time is not a luxury we have if this back 3 system is to be persisted with.
The squad has not been set up to allow him time. So in this context, as things are: poor signing.

He's 21 in a few weeks. It really doesn't look like he has central defender build and will always be flagged up as a vulnerability in our defence by opponent scouts.

Thefunkymonk 22-08-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13793540)
Delaney is down as his backup, and he wasn't even selected for the bench in any match so far.

The squad has not been set up to allow him time. So in this context, as things are: poor signing.

He's 21 in a few weeks. It really doesn't look like a central defender in build and will always be flagged up as a vulnerability in our defence by opponent scouts.

He wasn't that bad at all. Dann should of taken on mounie tbh.. but let him peel of in reidewald. He did some good stuff, read the game Well, some nice tackles, interceptions. Don't think he had a bad game.. there was worse out there.

What didn't probably help is people ******* booing him for passing it back to Hennessey. Twats.

He will be fine. Our issues are the wing backs.. mainly ward.

SEEPEEEFFSEE 22-08-2017 10:47 AM

This is the problem for continental footballers joining the PL. Their football is played at snails pace in comparison and it takes time to adjust having opposition players bolting towards you the second the ball lands at your feet.

Martin H 22-08-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 13793543)
He wasn't that bad at all. Dann should of taken on mounie tbh.. but let him peel of in reidewald. He did some good stuff, read the game Well, some nice tackles, interceptions. Don't think he had a bad game.. there was worse out there.

What didn't probably help is people ******* booing him for passing it back to Hennessey. Twats.

He will be fine. Our issues are the wing backs.. mainly ward.

Agree. Damn this is getting silly now.

I do think we still have a problem in the CCB position and we do need a better option there. Dann will be fine when we expect to defend for 90 mins or so and stay compact and deep but whenever we look to go forward I just think he will get horribly exposed for pace and TBH reading of the game. I hate to say it again but for consistency, he does have this tendency to blooper at least once a match where he will do something inexplicable. FDB might coach the latter out of him but I don't think he can make him run or think faster. The caveat might be that Jairo and Timbo can provide sufficient cover with their pace but not sure about that. The real problem being that if Dann instinctively sits deeper to compensate the gap between the 'front and back' of the team stretches and midfield players have far too much ground to cover and it starts to fall apart. The other factor that I don't think FDB can fix is that the guy in the middle of a 3 really needs to be dominant in the air. The sort that will aggressively get a head on the ball whatever is happening. Dann has quite a bad habit of pulling and pushing and not jumping at all.

I can wrap this back up with a lot of positives (undoubtedly there) but the overall judgement would still be that we need someone and preferably someone vocal who organises.

RDSdaEAGLE 23-08-2017 04:24 PM

He had groin pains. Not growing pains.

Nostrils 25-08-2017 06:31 PM

Is he fit for tomorrow?

BUNGLE 25-08-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13793540)

He's 21 in a few weeks. It really doesn't look like he has central defender build and will always be flagged up as a vulnerability in our defence by opponent scouts.

1 game

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-08-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13800084)
Is he fit for tomorrow?

I believe so. Expected to start.

Eagle Kneevil 26-08-2017 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13800512)
I believe so. Expected to start.

I have a gut feel that he'll be man of the match. Could be borborygmus, mind.

bubbs11 26-08-2017 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13800084)
Is he fit for tomorrow?

Yes, but he'll need a new kit and boots cos he's grown out of the last pair. Gonna cost us a fortune!

davemorris04 26-08-2017 10:48 AM

Awful signing. It now seems he was our entire transfer budget. Ridiculous to sign a youngster with no PL experience, who appears by all accounts to have no defensive ability as a defender in a back 3.

eagleborn 26-08-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 13800902)
Awful signing. It now seems he was our entire transfer budget. Ridiculous to sign a youngster with no PL experience, who appears by all accounts to have no defensive ability as a defender in a back 3.

:rolleyes: knee jerk slightly....

He's played one ******* game.

davemorris04 26-08-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagleborn (Post 13800905)
:rolleyes: knee jerk slightly....

He's played one ******* game.

He was woeful against Huddersfield and made no attempt to defend the first goal, proper schoolboy stuff. I have seen videos of him at Ajax which seem to also suggest he has very little defensive abilities.

Even if he becomes average which I think is the best we can hope for, it is still an awful signing. If we only had 8m it should have gone on a decent keeper or a striker.

Martin H 26-08-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

WTF!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-08-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

I agree he was awful against Huddersfield but it was one game. He may well have suffered with nerves, particularly after his early mistake presenting a chance to Ince but we can't write him off on the basis of one match. He clearly can pass the ball out from the back (something FDB wants). He does need to improve defensively from his debut, and fairly quickly too, but let's give him more than one game before making a final judgement.

Also, it wasn't our entire transfer budget. We had enough to make two promising looking season long loans and we are clearly still trying to spend more.

For what it's worth, on the basis of his debut I have some concerns about the signing but to write him off completely at the moment is a bit daft.

Anyway, I believe he is starting today. I am away and won't be able to stream so I will be interested in people's opinions on this thread after today's game. Let's hope he has a better game!

Maz 26-08-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 13800909)
He was woeful against Huddersfield and made no attempt to defend the first goal, proper schoolboy stuff. I have seen videos of him at Ajax which seem to also suggest he has very little defensive abilities.

When you post as definitively as this, it only leads to one possible conclusion; you either know more about football than FdB, or your post is a rubbish.

If you can see another likely conclusion let us know.

Riley 26-08-2017 11:17 AM

Jairo Riedewald discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13800914)
WTF!

Sometimes this is the only sane retort.

This is one of those times.

Martin H 26-08-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 13800937)
Sometimes this is the only sane retort.

This is one of those times.

I did start to put together a post but just deleted it because this has to be a troll post - whether the user is a troll or not. No one can be that ........

Beneaglee 26-08-2017 12:31 PM

does anyone remember how crap Jedinak was for the first three months?

Lombardo's hair 26-08-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13800919)
I agree he was awful against Huddersfield but it was one game. He may well have suffered with nerves, particularly after his early mistake presenting a chance to Ince but we can't write him off on the basis of one match. He clearly can pass the ball out from the back (something FDB wants). He does need to improve defensively from his debut, and fairly quickly too, but let's give him more than one game before making a final judgement.

Also, it wasn't our entire transfer budget. We had enough to make two promising looking season long loans and we are clearly still trying to spend more.

For what it's worth, on the basis of his debut I have some concerns about the signing but to write him off completely at the moment is a bit daft.

Anyway, I believe he is starting today. I am away and won't be able to stream so I will be interested in people's opinions on this thread after today's game. Let's hope he has a better game!

Give him more than 1 game? Are you mad. You've got to be brilliant from get go or you aren't good enough evenue for a pub team!!! What is wrong with you. Don't you understand football? You are only as good as your first error.

Thefunkymonk 26-08-2017 12:41 PM

This thread is embarrassing. Some utter ****s on this board

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-08-2017 01:09 PM

Not involved today either. I was wrong. Wonder if he failed a late fitness test?

PHIL BARBER 26-08-2017 01:15 PM

Has Riedewald bottled it after his horror story against Huddersfield.

TWELLSEagle 26-08-2017 01:37 PM

Still personally want to see Jairo in a midfield 3 with Luka and Cabaye, punch being dropped.

st albans 26-08-2017 02:02 PM

I said it at the time and I hope I'm proved wrong but was a completely pointless singing

PALACEWU 26-08-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 13801200)
I said it at the time and I hope I'm proved wrong but was a completely pointless singing

:hi:

Dick.

Nigelbrag 26-08-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13800932)
When you post as definitively as this, it only leads to one possible conclusion; you either know more about football than FdB, or your post is a rubbish.

He does not have to be a connoisseur of football to realise the rubbish that is being served up currently. Maybe it's you that needs to take your Red White and Blue specs off.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-08-2017 03:42 PM

The other massive worry is that the 3 at the back doesn't seem to be working for us and if we go to a back 4 then that probably means our only permanent signing, who cost a big whack of our tight budget, won't even play anymore. Surely he was signed specifically to play left side of a back 3?

Alternatively, if he became our first choice left back that would mean we have £25m worth of left backs signed 7 months ago out of the side.

Or our first choice defensive midfield, which would mean a player we spent about £12m on 7 months ago is out of the side.

davemorris04 26-08-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

There is one obvious one and that is without the signings we need we are going down.

Son of Ron 26-08-2017 04:45 PM

We have to go 4 at the back and if fit that is

TFM
Dann
Tomkins
Souare

But bearing in mind one is never fit 3 games in a row and one might never be again

Ward
Dann
TFM
PVA

Either way looks better than 3 at the back and no Jairo

kark 26-08-2017 06:07 PM

He is the repeat of Jose Campaña: lot of hype but will not deliver. Will play two or three more times and will be sold shortly after FdB is sacked

Shipp Ahoy! 26-08-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kark (Post 13802950)
He is the repeat of Jose Campaña: lot of hype but will not deliver. Will play two or three more times and will be sold shortly after FdB is sacked

:wallbash:

eastend eagle 26-08-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Not sure that anything he said is particularly
deniable. What in particular do you take issue with?

Penstone Eagle 26-08-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastend eagle (Post 13803018)
What in particular do you take issue with?

Usually everything.

jaspercpfc 26-08-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle (Post 13803025)
Usually everything.

this

Chris Finch 28-08-2017 04:58 AM

So do we think he's actually injured or has been dropped?

SmokeyStover7 28-08-2017 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Finch (Post 13807177)
So do we think he's actually injured or has been dropped?

Injured.

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 08:41 AM

Jairo Riedewald

If there is any truth in the FDB rumours, where would that leave Jairo Riedewald? After a poor debut, could he go the same way as Marange a few years ago?

Martin H 28-08-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13807510)
If there is any truth in the FDB rumours, where would that leave Jairo Riedewald? After a poor debut, could he go the same way as Marange a few years ago?

So Managers get 3 games but players are discounted after just the one.

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Sorry couldn't resist

chelmsfordeagle 28-08-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13807510)

Highly unlikely.

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13807517)
So Managers get 3 games but players are discounted after just the one.

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Sorry couldn't resist

Ha - not discounting him! I just think he'd be in a weak position after a change of regime. Picking up an injury won't have helped either, but he must be down the pecking order in a back four if we're not looking to build up from the back.

cpfcben 28-08-2017 08:49 AM

Looked awful in the first game. Everyone has an off day my concern is whether he has the physical capabilities to cope with this league.

st albans 28-08-2017 08:50 AM

I've said this since day one, if we drop the 3-4-3 he doesn't make the team. If FDB leaves we'll have spent £8m on a sub. He doesn't have a place in a 4-2-3-1

CharlieCPFC 28-08-2017 08:56 AM

If we opt with a 433 he may well be a dark horse for that CDM role. Good competition and cover for Luka and at this moment in time while he's still developing physically that role might suit him best. He's intelligent with his movement, a good passer of the ball and obviously has good defensive characteristics in terms of reading the game. It's just physically he's lacking and he will do being 20 years of age, this is the one league on the planet where that will get exposed immensely. How many regular center halves at this level are anything younger than 22 years of age?

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 13807546)
I've said this since day one, if we drop the 3-4-3 he doesn't make the team. If FDB leaves we'll have spent £8m on a sub. He doesn't have a place in a 4-2-3-1

Which is what got be wondering whether he could end up being sold this week if there's a change of manager. Presumably we could pretty much get our money back from someone. It would be a shame though, because he's probably got a bright future.

Obviously I hope he just had a poor debut and he's impressing in training enough to be eased into Premier League football. Maybe he could be an understudy for Luka for the time being.

BuktaBoy 28-08-2017 09:29 AM

I wouldn't give up on Jairo yet. The guy is only 20 and played in a Europa Cup final three months ago.

The poor kid has come into a complete shambles of a set-up.

I still think long term he's a DM, I don't think he's a defender for me - Doesn't strike me as a guy who's gonna take a back line by the scruff of the neck..

Martin H 28-08-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13807531)
Ha - not discounting him! I just think he'd be in a weak position after a change of regime. Picking up an injury won't have helped either, but he must be down the pecking order in a back four if we're not looking to build up from the back.

Sounds like he is excellent at LB or DM as well as CB. I had thought that we might well see him at DM anyway. Suspect that it is a good spot to start for him and Luka isn't at his best so far.

Palace Bear 28-08-2017 09:39 AM

He's more likely to up as a Mandanda than a Marange I would think. Especially as FDB was no doubt a big influence on his decision to come here. If I was him and Frank goes after a few games I'd be furious at my decision to come to Palace.

Nigelbrag 28-08-2017 10:21 AM

The boy is a promising player, but in my opinion was rushed into the team far too quickly, other than work on the training pitch he needed 3 or 4 games coming off the bench to ease him into the setup and then assess his ability to step up. For me the same should have applied to the more capable Fosu-Mensah as it takes all the initial pressure off young players after joining however talented, as for Loftus-Cheek he was capable of stepping up immediately which was clear to see.
The problem we faced is we did not have an option but to throw these players in at the deep end due to our lack of alternatives, and we all know why that is.

jaspercpfc 28-08-2017 10:26 AM

he'll turn out to be 2017's equivalent of Valérien Ismaël and then surprise us all by end up playing for Bayern Munich.

November85 28-08-2017 10:30 AM

If he'd come through our academy, we'd be sending him out on loan to League 1 about now.

stamford triumph 28-08-2017 10:32 AM

I really can't believe people are writing him off after one game. Yes he was at fault for the second goal but the whole back line was all over the place. As for messing about with the ball at the back, don't forget he has come from a team who are all comfortable on the ball, play possession football and play it out from the back. He was probably as surprised as anyone that his teammates seemed incapable of doing any of this. In the first 10 minutes of the game he looked composed and comfortable on the ball and played some great passes into the forwards.

I think he will come good given time although some supporters on here seem to think that unless you give a perfect performance each time you are usesless.

glenn.f 28-08-2017 10:33 AM

So many short memories. Dann struggled in his first month as well as countless others over the years that have gone on to do well for us. He obviously has a bit of pedigree but why not write him off after that one debacle of a match where he was hardly solely responsible. Probably the same supporters who were waxing lyrical about him in the Asian Cup game destroying him now.

spt1978 28-08-2017 10:35 AM

Kid is probably wondering what the hell is going on.

Jim Cannon 28-08-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13807854)
So many short memories. Dann struggled in his first month as well as countless others over the years that have gone on to do well for us. He obviously has a bit of pedigree but why not write him off after that one debacle of a match where he was hardly solely responsible. Probably the same supporters who were waxing lyrical about him in the Asian Cup game destroying him now.

Dann didn't struggle when he first signed imo.

glenn.f 28-08-2017 10:52 AM

Look at the boards he got hammered by the armchair experts after his first 2 or 3 games but quickly turned things around because he had undoubted quality. Nowt to say Riedewald cannot do the same after one sub standard performance.

minch1 28-08-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13807902)
Look at the boards he got hammered by the armchair experts after his first 2 or 3 games but quickly turned things around because he had undoubted quality. Nowt to say Riedewald cannot do the same after one sub standard performance.

That's true but he had experienced hands like Deleaney he could have used till we got the season underway,but was hell bent on 343 and put the lad in too early and the rabbit was stunned in the headlight and put Hennesey under pressure too knocking his confidence with dodgy back passes.

Gyro1780 28-08-2017 11:11 AM

He's only played one game & you all want rid already :jerkit: :clown:

Nostrils 28-08-2017 11:14 AM

I think he'll come good. If he gets the chance that is.

GreatGonzo 28-08-2017 11:15 AM

How much of his 1st game was down to a possible injury to his groin? And how the hell have we have 3 groins go in 2 weeks?

Mr Palace 28-08-2017 11:17 AM

He needs much more time. His versatility could also be very useful.

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gyro1780 (Post 13807947)
He's only played one game & you all want rid already :jerkit: :clown:

I don't think anyone here has said we should get rid if him.

Cpfcbob 28-08-2017 11:19 AM

It's very easy to measure players that are comfortable playing at their current level.
Players that attack and successfully pass forwards can play at current level. Sideways and backwards passing indicates they are struggling. Joniesta constantly passesd sideways for us. Worryingly Puncheon keeps passing sideways for us now. We have huge huge problems this season

NickinOx 28-08-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13807902)

Along with Speroni, Cabaye, Zaha, Puncheon, Watson, Southgate, Coleman, Townsend, Benteke, etc.

All of the above have been abused for being crap when they arrived (or got promoted into the first team) and did not instantly perform, or had a bad spell. Look at the grief some of our youngsters get. If they aren't Ronaldo in their first match there are already people moaning.

Like wise, with FDB. I don't like the look of the tactics, but this idea that Sam did much better with the same team does not match reality. Sam did better when Sahko played. Without Sahko his record was about .85 points per match: relegation from. It took Sam 30m in transfers plus Sahko, and it was only when the latter played that we started winning consistently. Our last five games after he was injured saw us win 1 and lose 4.

Same with Jairo, if he had been brought in by Sam, I bet there'd be less moaning. But, because of the insane levels of expectation on here, some people seem to think he should perform like Maldini in his heyday. It is ridiculous.

Of course, none of the above means either will come good, but that doesn't make the extreme criticism correct or reasonable.

NickinOx 28-08-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minch1 (Post 13807940)
That's true but he had experienced hands like Deleaney he could have used till we got the season underway,but was hell bent on 343 and put the lad in too early and the rabbit was stunned in the headlight and put Hennesey under pressure too knocking his confidence with dodgy back passes.

He has looked awful for a year. He gives his all, but he is past it. And that is with four at the back.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 28-08-2017 11:39 AM

If we go to a back 4, I don't know where it leaves him. We suddenly have 4 left backs competing for one slot - I don't think he would be first choice among the centre backs - but maybe he would.

Anyway, more importantly, isn't this thread in the wrong place? :p

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13808005)
If we go to a back 4, I don't know where it leaves him. We suddenly have 4 left backs competing for one slot - I don't think he would be first choice among the centre backs - but maybe he would.

Anyway, more importantly, isn't this thread in the wrong place? :p

Well I started it because I wondered whether we might cash in before Thursday if the manager goes, so I had a potential transfer in mind. I realise that would have required some mind reading though!

cpfc4evandeva 28-08-2017 11:50 AM

If he was to follow any of our ex-players, I imagine it would be Valerian Ismael.

Let's just hope that whoever is manager in a few games time, Riedewald works out. As a Dutch kid who I'm assuming speaks perfect English, is now living in one of the best cities in the world and with a flight home that is only an hour, I would like to think the club shouldn't have too many issues in settling him in...

stamford triumph 28-08-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpfcbob (Post 13807963)
It's very easy to measure players that are comfortable playing at their current level.
Players that attack and successfully pass forwards can play at current level. Sideways and backwards passing indicates they are struggling. Joniesta constantly passesd sideways for us.

:supergrin: Now I've heard it all. If this is a good way to measure players' ability it would indicate most of the world's best teams and players 'can't play at their current level'.

pauldrulez 28-08-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13807854)

He didn't play in the Asia Cup.

Part of the issue for me, only 2 pre-season games to fit in.

Ralph 28-08-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 13807956)
...And how the hell have we have 3 groins go in 2 weeks?

Sums up the w-anchors in our team at the moment.

Happy Arthur 28-08-2017 01:03 PM

Everybody needs a chance. He could be our Rio Ferdinand. His main issue was FdB hanging him out to dry vs Huddersfield.

Levski 28-08-2017 06:00 PM

I've got an odd feeling Reidewald will be one of those guys who plays 1 or 2 games then disappears permanently, a la Campana or Mandanda. Just a total misfit, like the guy who signed him, it seems.

aj4england 28-08-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levski (Post 13808694)
I've got an odd feeling Reidewald will be one of those guys who plays 1 or 2 games then disappears permanently, a la Campana or Mandanda. Just a total misfit, like the guy who signed him, it seems.

If FdB has gone then would make sense to sell if we can , unless he has an engine and can play midfield . Everton were interested could use him in make weight for a forward