CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

stinky 09-02-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PemboExpress (Post 15099582)
No need for personal abuse pal. Disagree with me by all means but do not resort to personal insults when you do not even know me.

Yep, agreed and I apologise

Johnsonpen 09-02-2020 09:56 AM

PVA mistakes are costing us goals. Simple. Hope Kelley is back soon because at CH he always makes a couple of stand out stops that probably save us goals and Cahill is also making mistakes. Jairo will get better at LB as will Kelley at CH

PemboExpress 09-02-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 15099844)
Yep, agreed and I apologise

OK cool. Apology accepted.

Excowboy 09-02-2020 05:16 PM

I like the idea of bringing Jairo in for McCarthy next game and play him on the left of a three.

As tenacious as McCarthy is, he seems to go all over the field without keeping shape. His passing was awful last game, too - 57% completion and gave the ball away for the second goal.

Having a clear left of a three midfielder might help with shape, plus his passing would help with transition from defence to attack and provide PVA and Wilf with balls to chase.

Won't happen, though.

The Vicar 09-02-2020 09:47 PM

^

Hazbaz 09-02-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15100390)
I like the idea of bringing Jairo in for McCarthy next game and play him on the left of a three.

As tenacious as McCarthy is, he seems to go all over the field without keeping shape. His passing was awful last game, too - 57% completion and gave the ball away for the second goal.

Having a clear left of a three midfielder might help with shape, plus his passing would help with transition from defence to attack and provide PVA and Wilf with balls to chase.

Won't happen, though.

You may get your wish if McArthur has to cover RB maybe Jairo will get a shot because we need to keep Kouyate as cover for the Central defence

SussexRed&Blue 09-02-2020 09:54 PM

Maybe we could play 4-4-2 against Newcastle with Wilf up front in a free role off of Benteke.

Ayew wide Right, Jairo wide left and Jimmy Mac and Luka/Kouyate in the middle if not required at CB.

Excowboy 09-02-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 15100673)
Maybe we could play 4-4-2 against Newcastle with Wilf up front in a free role off of Benteke.

Ayew wide Right, Jairo wide left and Jimmy Mac and Luka/Kouyate in the middle if not required at CB.

I quite like that too, but with Townsend wide and Ayew up front with Wilf.

SussexRed&Blue 09-02-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15100678)
I quite like that too, but with Townsend wide and Ayew up front with Wilf.

Yes i suppose it depends if Andros is properly fit again he should be 100% but could be an option from the bench.

Think Jairo would be good in Midfield on the Left to support the attack as he seems good at getting forward and his pass selection is very good with creativity to spot an opening.

Would like to see wheher Wilf can cause them problems from a central attacking area.

Sick Bucket 09-02-2020 10:48 PM

I keep saying this and I know its a dodgy theory but personally I'd like to see PVA play in front of Jairo. I think Jairo is a better defender but PVA is better going forward. Seems to be just me though!

Hazbaz 09-02-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15100737)
I keep saying this and I know its a dodgy theory but personally I'd like to see PVA play in front of Jairo. I think Jairo is a better defender but PVA is better going forward. Seems to be just me though!

No I like the idea of that too, but once Schlupp is fit that would be the dilemma

Crunchie 09-02-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan555x (Post 15099556)
Jairo really wasn't bad at all going forward. Quite good in his link ups with Wilf which many on here remarked. PVA is nowhere near good in attack as many on here like to make out. Good in fleeting moments but when was the last time he won a player of the month award? You just DON'T drop the POTM in any circumstances. It reflects very badly on the player morale as well as overall team morale. Piss poor man management.

Plenty on here were defending it and have now oddly gone silent now PVA has a really bad game as opposed to an average game vs Sheffield Utd.

I have been very defensive over Roy up until he did that and was one of the first to call him out on it.

Yep agreed.

I personally would like a Sheff Utd set up.

They dont have many flair player in midfield and I am sure Townsend can do a job at Right Wing Back. JAiro could come in midfield. too, or Max

Playing 3 defensive midfielder week in wek out and telling Ayew and Zaha to run back all the time clearly isnt working.

Zaha is the best striker we have at the club. End off. Should be a front two of Zaha and Ayew with PVA and Townsend as wing backs.

3-5-2. Clearly thinking outside of Roy's box.

orp pisshead1 10-02-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15100390)

Won't happen, though.

Good teams tend to have good balance and putting Jairo in midfield would give us that :p

the drexciyan 10-02-2020 06:11 AM

You cannot blame him if he goes and never looks back. POTM dropped for a bang out of form PvA, he must be wondering wtf he has to do to win this manager over.

GB2506 10-02-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 15100923)
You cannot blame him if he goes and never looks back. POTM dropped for a bang out of form PvA, he must be wondering wtf he has to do to win this manager over.

He needs to age by about 5 or 6 years to win him over. Maybe even change his name to Jairo MacRiedewald. Might get some game time then.

Timbo 10-02-2020 07:58 AM

JR is ok, and deserves game time over others, but long term he is not the answer and is not presently an automatic pick

philsick 10-02-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15101045)
JR is ok, and deserves game time over others, but long term he is not the answer and is not presently an automatic pick

I totally disagree with this, jairo and players of his age and potential are the long term answer, not ageing seasoned pro's the first team consist of. Jairo has put in better performances than luka and mccarthy lately yet they walk into the team every week.

GB2506 10-02-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 15101072)
I totally disagree with this, jairo and players of his age and potential are the long term answer, not ageing seasoned pro's the first team consist of. Jairo has put in better performances than luka and mccarthy lately yet they walk into the team every week.

Fully agree. Luka has been absolutely shocking all season. I donít actually know what he is good at anymore? He doesnít protect the back 4, doesnít win tackles, his passing is woeful, set pieces even worse....

SA Eagle 10-02-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchie (Post 15100765)
Yep agreed.

I personally would like a Sheff Utd set up.

They dont have many flair player in midfield and I am sure Townsend can do a job at Right Wing Back. JAiro could come in midfield. too, or Max

Playing 3 defensive midfielder week in wek out and telling Ayew and Zaha to run back all the time clearly isnt working.

Zaha is the best striker we have at the club. End off. Should be a front two of Zaha and Ayew with PVA and Townsend as wing backs.

3-5-2. Clearly thinking outside of Roy's box.

3-5-2 is outside of any sensible thinking with the players we've got. The fact that you have to shoe-horn Townsend into RWB is evidence enough.

LuieJack 10-02-2020 09:37 AM

Yes Riedewald has done reasonably well since coming back in, but we must never forget his lack of pace especially when playing LB is always going to be a hinderance as we have seen, the modern game demands Full Backs to have pace with the ability to overlap. And its something we must never forget he lacks, so when we see this clamour for him to be our LB to bear that in mind, can people seriously suggest he would be the better left back to PVA? yes we know defensively he is suspect but at least it is Not playing square pegs in round holes situ. Get the Left sided midfielder to work more closely defensively with PVA and crucially we will see a more "solid" balanced Left side but without losing the attacking side he offers.
I have always felt JR best position would be as what used to be the old fashioned "sweeper" role, he can read situations well has strength and good balance also crucially in that role speed is not vital, so maybe whilst Luka is struggling for form JR slots into his role where his passing would be more crisper than Luka also he will be a lot more comfortable in that role, then who knows.