CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Happy Arthur 19-10-2020 06:12 AM

He can't like playing for us. He plays well then gets dropped.

Sharkba1t 19-10-2020 06:39 AM

He looked good yesterday, neat and tidy passing in tight areas and didn’t give the ball away. The pass to Bats was a thing of beauty. I really hope he doesn’t get dropped.

glaziers fan 19-10-2020 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 15463947)
It doesn't seem to have occurred to anyone that our coaching staff have improved Jairo. He got played right through pre-season. Hodgson said he'd done well and he would have been starting for us had he not gotten injured.

My personal feeling is that we might see Jairo and Luka playing together once Luka is back up to match fitness. That is likely to be the closest we get to the Cabaye, Luka duo from 2017.

I agree. When Milivojevic is up to speed and fully fit that should be our centre mid.

Bungalow 19-10-2020 07:33 AM

He cannot possibly be dropped after his performance yesterday. It was the one positive to come out of the game.

Gregz41 19-10-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bungalow (Post 15464246)
He cannot possibly be dropped after his performance yesterday. It was the one positive to come out of the game.

You are certainly correct, however I fear for his place though. I don't think Roy rates him as much as McCarthy. He's a much better footballer though.

SA Eagle 19-10-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregz41 (Post 15464302)
You are certainly correct, however I fear for his place though. I don't think Roy rates him as much as McCarthy. He's a much better footballer though.

The risk to Jairo is that the central two of McArthur and Jairo didn't really work, coupled with the 442 formation (if that's really what it was considering Wilf was rarely central enough) not working yesterday. If Roy goes back to a central 3 he has historically preferred the box to box of McArthur and the strength of Schluup along side a 'ball winner' which often leaves Jairo as the odd one out.

Gregz41 19-10-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 15464312)
The risk to Jairo is that the central two of McArthur and Jairo didn't really work, coupled with the 442 formation (if that's really what it was considering Wilf was rarely central enough) not working yesterday. If Roy goes back to a central 3 he has historically preferred the box to box of McArthur and the strength of Schluup along side a 'ball winner' which often leaves Jairo as the odd one out.

Yeah, I would like to see something close to a 433 with Jairo and Luka applying the shield with Eze in front of him. Schlupp can provide lots of competition to Townsend.

Celestial Empire 19-10-2020 08:55 PM

Potter was keen to take Jairo to Swansea. Hope he enjoyed that performance. :)

Golf Boy 20-10-2020 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 15464176)
He can't like playing for us. He plays well then gets dropped.

He must be on a wedge he cant get anywhere else, otherwise hed have been off. The type of footballer that i like to watch. The best passer in the club by a mile.

Essexeagle 20-10-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 15463695)
He played well, BUT the midfield (and generally as team) didn't impose ourselves on their midfield so you can see why Hodgson could say it didn't work. I'd still like to see him in the team as I think there should be a place for him, but the question is what formation and alongside who?

Kind of, but they didn't really play through us in the middle. Most of their success came from going wide and attacking our full-backs because we always set up to defend narrow.

TouchyAndalou 20-10-2020 07:54 AM

He's our only midfielder with a bit of composure. Several times he received the ball and didn't immediately look to get rid of it. Instead he looked up and took a second to pick the right pass or move the ball forward himself before releasing a teammate. And he usually made the right decision. Hopefully he keeps his place in the side.

Martin H 20-10-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou (Post 15466110)
He's our only midfielder with a bit of composure. Several times he received the ball and didn't immediately look to get rid of it. Instead he looked up and took a second to pick the right pass or move the ball forward himself before releasing a teammate. And he usually made the right decision. Hopefully he keeps his place in the side.

Agree he should keep his place. It was a big match for him and I think he came out of it very well. There were a couple of moments that will be pointed out this week in the reviews that he needs to tighten up on but it was overall very good. Really pleased for him. I have always liked him but TBF I don't think he was worth a starting place until around his left back appearances and he has improved his game significantly. Certainly upped the tempo and impact. I watch the U23 streams whenever available and although you could see he was often the most capable player he didn't make that count. Then, I think he finally heard what was being asked of him and started to boss games and then his LB chance appeared and he took that well.

He has until Xmas to prove himself I reckon.

glaziers fan 20-10-2020 09:53 AM

It’s great news that he’s been given a chance ahead of Luka. Hope he continues to play well because he certainly has more talent and capability on the ball than the Maccas or Luka.

Happy Arthur 20-10-2020 09:54 AM

Jairo has been ready for a year. Really hope he gets a run.
Build your team around Jairo, Eze and Zaha.

Ticehurst 20-10-2020 10:00 AM

Totally agree happy Arthur..

dim 20-10-2020 10:04 AM

He's tremendously entertaining. In short supply.

Another Oxted Eagle 20-10-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dim (Post 15466251)
He's tremendously entertaining. In short supply.

He is entertaining like watching a boxer who can punch but has a glass jaw !

Every time the ball was played to him in a tight area I feared hed get robbed but he seems to be a bit bulkier than last season and shielded the ball well. He also didnt play quick passes for the sake of playing quick passes which he was guilty of before.

He is entertaining and thats probably why Roy will drop him

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 20-10-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle (Post 15466257)
He is entertaining like watching a boxer who can punch but has a glass jaw !

Every time the ball was played to him in a tight area I feared hed get robbed but he seems to be a bit bulkier than last season and shielded the ball well. He also didnt play quick passes for the sake of playing quick passes which he was guilty of before.

He is entertaining and thats probably why Roy will drop him

I don't think he will. Jairo hasn't shown the ability or that he is better than other options until now. If he continues to then I think he will keep his place.

Big Blue Eagle 20-10-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15466286)
I don't think he will. Jairo hasn't shown the ability or that he is better than other options until now. If he continues to then I think he will keep his place.

Agree - all the evidence from pre season was that JW was the chosen CM alongside one or other of the Macs (Luka is clearly out of favour a bit at the moment) but his late injury created the opportunity for both Macs to play, and play well initially.

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 15466241)
Jairo has been ready for a year. Really hope he gets a run.
Build your team around Jairo, Eze and Zaha.

:p