CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Jim Cannon 11-05-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavey (Post 14253321)
Yeah. How often is it that a player comes in and performs their best in their first season? Jedi definitely took a season, Tomkins is coming into his own now, Bolasie was slow to start, Murray scored six in his first season, thirty in his second. PVA was largely derided in his first six months, only now 18 months on is he playing his best. I could go on.

Sakho obviously came in and did well during his loan spell and Luka got going very quickly, but it is common that players take at least a season to settle.

Murray only got 6 in his first season because we were so shit and he had no service

alf 11-05-2018 07:37 PM

Haven't seen enough of him yet but when I see him play in midfield he seems competent enough and is still young. He reminds me a bit of Mikele Leigertwood during his Palace days. I felt he was a strong player who never let us down.

It's a "must keep" from me.

stevek 12-05-2018 06:58 AM

I like him, but I worry he's the new Stuart O'Keefe.

Neat and tidy midfielder. Rated by fans. Never seems to let us down. Plays a part in big matches (play-off final for SO'K, Man City draw for JR) but apparently not fancied by the manager and in the end doesn't make it at the top level.

I hope I'm proved wrong, though.

eastend eagle 12-05-2018 07:03 AM

Jeez, goes to show how fickle the old memory is. I'd completely forgotten O'Keefe till that comment. Poor of me.

The12thman 12-05-2018 07:09 AM

If we get rid of him, with the other players expiring contracts we will have a very thin squad.

If he stays next season he will get more game time as a good young utility player. I would keep him and see how he gets on. Loads of players need a season to settle fully, then it all comes together the next season.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 12-05-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 14253567)

Neat and tidy midfielder. Rated by fans. New seems to let us down. Plays a part in big matches (play-off final for SO'K, Man City draw for JR) but apparently not fancied by the manager and in the end doesn't make it at the top level.

I think fans opinion on Jairo is quite mixed though, more so than it was with O'Keefe.

redeagle 12-05-2018 07:38 AM

He needs game time to develop.

MFBias 12-05-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 14253567)

Neat and tidy midfielder. Rated by fans. Never seems to let us down. Plays a part in big matches (play-off final for SO'K, Man City draw for JR) but apparently not fancied by the manager and in the end doesn't make it at the top level.

O’Keefe came from Southend, Rieldewald came from Ajax and had played european football after coming through one of the best youth producing clubs in the world.

Palaceguard 12-05-2018 10:24 AM

Can't have a 25 man squad of first teamers. Need versatile squad players especially young ones, who can develop and step up when needed.

Good option from bench but still looks like needs more time to adapt.

Rate him over Kelly though Kelly has height which sometimes comes in handy at the back. But if we could sell Kelly and replace with Amadou I think the squad would be stronger and Kelly's mistakes can prove very costly, though Mama sorts everyone out!

Biggineagle 12-05-2018 10:35 AM

Certainly must keep. He has stepped up to the plate when neccessary. He needs more game time and may well get this next season. I get the feeling he wants to be a cpfc club player but atm doesnt see himself involved enough to be one atm.

Abjekt 12-05-2018 03:22 PM

Definitely worth keeping Jairo around. He's still only 21 and Roy has mentioned how good he's looked in training and that he just wanted him to get up to speed with the more physical nature of things over here.

He's show in patches (i.e. when he's played) that he's comfortable on the ball and that's something that suits us under Roy. Not saying he'll be playing week in, week out next season, but if we're to aim a bit higher than 17th, having players in reserve like Jairo is exactly what we need.

Bryan 12-05-2018 03:25 PM

Will feature next season. Possibly alongside Luka.

Latvian Eagle 12-05-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palaceguard (Post 14253740)
Can't have a 25 man squad of first teamers. Need versatile squad players especially young ones, who can develop and step up when needed.

Good option from bench but still looks like needs more time to adapt.

Rate him over Kelly though Kelly has height which sometimes comes in handy at the back. But if we could sell Kelly and replace with Amadou I think the squad would be stronger and Kelly's mistakes can prove very costly, though Mama sorts everyone out!

Kelly is a Centre Back come Right Back. Amadou is a Centre Mid. Why would we replace one with the other? :confused:

Nostrils 12-05-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14254029)
Kelly is a Centre Back come Right Back. Amadou is a Centre Mid. Why would we replace one with the other? :confused:

I think Amadou is a defensive midfielder come centre back. That would be decent cover as a fifth centre back choice, especially if it was Damo's place. I'd like to keep Kelly.

Latvian Eagle 12-05-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 14254039)
I think Amadou is a defensive midfielder come centre back. That would be decent cover as a fifth centre back choice, especially if it was Damo's place. I'd like to keep Kelly.

So would I. I like MK and he does a job when called upon.

Hedgehog 17-06-2018 04:11 AM

I was just channel surfing and hit upon a show called "Phenoms". It is following 3 young Dutch players in the Ajax youth system. One of them is Jario.

I'll report in later.

https://www.foxsportsgo.com/program/...iumnetherlands

exiledeagle 17-06-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redeagle (Post 14253598)
He needs game time to develop.

Not sure he will get it with us though - so maybe he will want first team football

LuieJack 17-06-2018 01:19 PM

I do wonder if he is rated by Roy also does he suit the system Roy has in mind, and if the answer is No then the only alternative should be we sell. He was brought in by FdB mainly to play a system that HE had in mind.
If we are honest there has been nothing in his play that suggests he is what we need, but i also accept he has barely played so its unfair to draw any proper conclusions. But feel he needs to return to Dutch football if we are to see the best of him, i really feel he has all the attributes needed to become a "sweeper" and in time will develop into that role and be an excellent player, just a pity i dont think it will be at the Palace.

Hedgehog 17-06-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14295854)
I was just channel surfing and hit upon a show called "Phenoms". It is following 3 young Dutch players in the Ajax youth system. One of them is Jario.

I'll report in later.

https://www.foxsportsgo.com/program/...iumnetherlands

I just watched the hour long program. It is really jerky and did not really have much reference to Palace. In fact I don't believe they even mentioned them by name.

A bit disappointed in the programme to be honest.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 17-06-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14296700)
I just watched the hour long program. It is really jerky and did not really have much reference to Palace. In fact I don't believe they even mentioned them by name.

A bit disappointed in the programme to be honest.

Kind of how I feel about Jairo... A bit disappointed.