CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

red&blue_moomin 01-08-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling (Post 14363847)
I think Roy would know better than most whether riedewald could improve enough

He's not infallible. Anybody remember that Roberto Carlos bloke. Roy thought he was shit.......yeah.

Carlos still hates Roy to this day and slagged him off only recently.

Nostrils 01-08-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14363877)
He's not infallible. Anybody remember that Roberto Carlos bloke. Roy thought he was shit.......yeah.

Carlos still hates Roy to this day and slagged him off only recently.

WGAF?

Stavros 69 01-08-2018 06:16 PM

No issue with a loan so long as we have enough cover.
But to sell him is crazy.

red&blue_moomin 01-08-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 14363880)
WGAF?

I'm purely pointing out Roy has dropped some proper clangers in the past in player assessment. He also dropped Wilf from internationals and is one of the reasons Wilf now plays for Ivory Coast, although he has admitted he messed that up.

Loaning him sure IF we get cover in sure. Selling him, oh dear someones going to clean up in about three seasons when he's 25.

srh 01-08-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper (Post 14363728)
It will be a shame if he goes, but we knew that we might have to move on one or two. Jairo is quite far down the list of players that we wouldn't want to lose.

With Meyer & Kouyate coming in how much was he likely to play this season?

imo Meyer will play in the RLC role (left mid) which leaves Kouyate, Luca and Jimmy (who Roy like to play on the right). This leaves us very short in the centre of midfield because Puch is no where near good enough. If Kouyate or Luca or both were to get injured then we would be in a mess

Little Fozzie 01-08-2018 06:21 PM

I don't think Jairo leaving is really that bad. We have a ton of midfield cover and not too much on the wings, so it makes sense.

Personally I think it would be a shame to lose him as he's clearly got potential, but the move makes sense.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14363883)
No issue with a loan so long as we have enough cover.
But to sell him is crazy.

There's no way it's crazy. I understand some people disagreeing with it but it isn't crazy to replace a player who was on the fringes of the side with a proven premier league player like Kouyate.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14363884)
I'm purely pointing out Roy has dropped some proper clangers in the past in player assessment. He also dropped Wilf from internationals and is one of the reasons Wilf now plays for Ivory Coast, although he has admitted he messed that up.

Loaning him sure IF we get cover in sure. Selling him, oh dear someones going to clean up in about three seasons when he's 25.

Re. Wilf, international selection is different as you are picking the team on the basis of how good they are at that point in time, not on the basis of what they might become.

But that doesn't change the fact most managers get some wrong as there often is very little way of knowing how players will delevop. However, I think it is still safe the say that Roy with all his knowledge, experience and seeing him train everyday is far more informed than any of us on here.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srh (Post 14363889)
imo Meyer will play in the RLC role (left mid) which leaves Kouyate, Luca and Jimmy (who Roy like to play on the right). This leaves us very short in the centre of midfield because Puch is no where near good enough. If Kouyate or Luca or both were to get injured then we would be in a mess

I wonder if we may play more of 433 at times too. Using Townsend, Wilf and one other up top and Luka, Mayer and one of Jimmy and Kouyate in the middle.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 14363819)
We should remember that Jairo came in as a CB and was pitiful.

He was indeed. A lot of the blame obviously goes to FDB but his awful selection but Jairo was absolutely woeful that debut. Worst debut performance by any Palace player that o can remember.

I went on holiday a couple of days after the game and watched the whole match back on my laptop one night in a hotel when the Mrs. and kids went to sleep early. I was trying to understand how that performance went so badly... And he really was awful.

That doesn't mean he couldn't have come good here, particularly in a different role but he was signed specifically to play one position in a formation we threw in the bin after 1 or 2 games.

Reg_Maudling 01-08-2018 06:36 PM

I am not sure he is tough enough for the championship

Martin H 01-08-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 14363819)
We should remember that Jairo came in as a CB and was pitiful.

Out of interest why? What relevance does that have to anything?

Chris Finch 01-08-2018 06:55 PM

Always thought Jairo has done OK/better than OK when played in CM.
Would be a shame to see him go

Latvian Eagle 01-08-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14363911)
He was indeed. A lot of the blame obviously goes to FDB but his awful selection but Jairo was absolutely woeful that debut. Worst debut performance by any Palace player that o can remember.

I went on holiday a couple of days after the game and watched the whole match back on my laptop one night in a hotel when the Mrs. and kids went to sleep early. I was trying to understand how that performance went so badly... And he really was awful.

That doesn't mean he couldn't have come good here, particularly in a different role but he was signed specifically to play one position in a formation we threw in the bin after 1 or 2 games.

TFM was ok in fits and spurts but even he looked lost when played in his "natural" position of Centre Back. His positioning was dreadful in the middle.

Lee sinnots ear 01-08-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 14363958)
Out of interest why? What relevance does that have to anything?

Good question and of course the answer is it is irrelevant :p

Dave Hedgehog 01-08-2018 07:12 PM

One reporter saying that Jairo isn't keen.

Not surprised.

NorthPalace23 01-08-2018 07:13 PM

Think we should insist on a loan not a permanent deal.

Look at Chelsea. They still own Loftus-Cheek and his value has gone up. It puts them in a strong position. If Riedewald does well for Swansea we will want to keep him.

Also I worry our squad is a little old. Kouyate (who might sign for us) is nearly 29. We need young players like Riedewald. We don't want to end up like Stoke, WBA and Fulham a few years ago, who went down as established clubs with ageing squads.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 (Post 14364003)
Think we should insist on a loan not a permanent deal.

Look at Chelsea. They still own Loftus-Cheek and his value has gone up. It puts them in a strong position. If Riedewald does well for Swansea we will want to keep him.

Also I worry our squad is a little old. Kouyate (who might sign for us) is nearly 29. We need young players like Riedewald. We don't want to end up like Stoke, WBA and Fulham a few years ago, who went down as established clubs with ageing squads.

But they have Ayew, who we want. So if we 'insist' on that, then we may well not get him. I would guess we also need to balance our purchases by letting someone go. Plus I suspect Kouyate is really taking Jairo's place and doubt we would want both on our books.

herts_palace 01-08-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srh (Post 14363889)

Currently I would start Punch ahead of Jairo He has looked the best player on the pitch in the two games I've seen him for the 2nd 11. Jairo doesn't seem quite quick enough - mentally and physically - for a CM at the moment.

I wouldn't start Punch but he's the best of the rest at the moment.

wrightchipvcfc 01-08-2018 07:46 PM

Spose club sit down and say xy z are coming in 1 or 2 have to go out for ffp and 25 squad so then it comes down who could we do without who's on decent money who would be wanted by enougher club narrows it down a lot