CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Politics Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tory Party (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279419)

Skintagain 04-10-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogstar721 (Post 14933332)
I often wondered whether the NHS should offer these as discounted services (as there are cosmetic surgeons who are part of the NHS) undercutting private health care (although maybe with a longer waiting time).

Could be a money spinner for the NHS.

Probably better than my other NHS money maker which is legalising the sale of recreational drugs, but only through NHS approved and owned outlets (ie so when you buy weed, powders or pills, the NHS makes the profit - based on the fact that the NHS on average obtains substances at 1/35th of the street price) - They could literally price Drug Dealers out of the market (no ones going to be smuggling heroin when they're going to be making a fiver on a gram)

At one time the NHS did have private wards and indeed as you suggest it was a great money spinner. They mainly did simple things that the NHS had long queues for, the NHS concentrating on life threatening conditions. This was long before liposuction and facelifts became popular.

Whether right or wrong I'm sure you can imagine what a politician would make of it today. You can almost hear it now, two tier system, equality, one rule for rich, etc etc.

As for weed there is creeping pressure to legalise it one way or another, in the states now there is the laughable situation were almost anyone that can convince their doctor that they have shoulder pain for instance is allowed cannabis. So yeah legalise and sell as opposed to giving it away free on prescription, it would also break the dealer link to class A drugs for some.

Vicmo 04-10-2019 08:14 AM

This is really depressing news:

Rory Stewart

Verified account

@RoryStewartUK
12m12 minutes ago
More
It’s been a great privilege to serve Penrith and The Border for the last ten years, so it is with sadness that I am announcing that I will be standing down at the next election, and that I have also resigned from the Conservative Party.

Hopefully he will stay in politics, would be a great loss if people like him are being forced out by the extremists.

GreatGonzo 04-10-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skintagain (Post 14934665)
At one time the NHS did have private wards and indeed as you suggest it was a great money spinner. They mainly did simple things that the NHS had long queues for, the NHS concentrating on life threatening conditions. This was long before liposuction and facelifts became popular.

Whether right or wrong I'm sure you can imagine what a politician would make of it today. You can almost hear it now, two tier system, equality, one rule for rich, etc etc.

As for weed there is creeping pressure to legalise it one way or another, in the states now there is the laughable situation were almost anyone that can convince their doctor that they have shoulder pain for instance is allowed cannabis. So yeah legalise and sell as opposed to giving it away free on prescription, it would also break the dealer link to class A drugs for some.

They still do. If a woman has a baby at the hospital here it is £80 if they would like a private room rather than go on the ward, or it was a few years ago.

Wolfnipplechips 04-10-2019 10:46 AM

The Rees Mogg singalong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkogmYkfhUQ

Very smart.

rhino_mik 02-11-2019 01:44 PM

Another lying tory.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a8655961.html

Wolfnipplechips 17-12-2019 02:18 PM

And so it begins.

Nicky Morgan remains as Culture Secretary having stood down as an MP before the election.

She’s been elevated to the House of Lords to continue her work. Who needs democracy? Patronage is so much quicker.

Asked whether she would serve in a government led by Mr Johnson, the former Cabinet minister said: "I think I'm very unlikely to be asked but the answer is no. I would not serve in a Boris Johnson cabinet."

Aren’t we fortunate to have such luminaries in our midst.

West Dorset Exi 17-12-2019 02:30 PM

Now Zac Goldsmith, what a joke Johnson is making of this country already?

Reps AJ 17-12-2019 02:32 PM

Let's get rid of unele... oh.

Ruskin Old Boy 17-12-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15020924)
And so it begins.

Nicky Morgan remains as Culture Secretary having stood down as an MP before the election.

She’s been elevated to the House of Lords to continue her work. Who needs democracy? Patronage is so much quicker.

Asked whether she would serve in a government led by Mr Johnson, the former Cabinet minister said: "I think I'm very unlikely to be asked but the answer is no. I would not serve in a Boris Johnson cabinet."

Her performance on last week's HIGNFY clinched the deal :hmph:

Les Butler 17-12-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

As for weed there is creeping pressure to legalise it one way or another, in the states now there is the laughable situation were almost anyone that can convince their doctor that they have shoulder pain for instance is allowed cannabis. So yeah legalise and sell as opposed to giving it away free on prescription

I do have bad shoulders ....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DefiantSafeBuck-small.gif

dogstar721 17-12-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15020944)
Let's get rid of unele... oh.

Exactly.

Wolfnipplechips 17-12-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 15021051)
Her performance on last week's HIGNFY clinched the deal :hmph:

I thought she was just humiliated on it.

dogstar721 17-12-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

The absurdity is that we only ever banned it because of US pressure, which was mostly based on racism anyhow.

Its also pretty insane, that you can have a prescription of opiods on the NHS, for a tenner a month, but cannabis will set you back about 90 a week for pain relief.

dogstar721 17-12-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15021069)

She was, but she took it rather than pass it on to the PM, like a good tory trooper. The cardinal sin of conservatives is infighting during election periods.

Its important to remember that the most important thing for Labour supporters tends to be specific social - political issues. For the Conservatives its not losing to Labour.

Just look at what the Conservative members were happy to accept as a the price of avoiding a Jeremy Corbyn government.

Ruskin Old Boy 17-12-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15021069)

Doublethink :D

dogstar721 17-12-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

And so it begins.

I'd prefer the House of Lords not to be stacked with ex-Political party members who have ties to the Commons. Kind of undermines the objectivity of the Lords, when you have people who've sat in both houses.

Its almost as if its supposed to engender a continuity of control and authority.

Adlerhorst 17-12-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Dorset Exi (Post 15020940)
Now Zac Goldsmith, what a joke Johnson is making of this country already?

Lord Goldsmith of the land the third runway is to be built on.

Spindle 17-12-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

And so it begins.

Morgan is a c**t. Watch that documentary "Tories at War" and you'll see how slippery she is, telling Soubry she's a remainer and how she'll stand up or go, but slowly she just changes like the wind direction to whatever keeps her employed.

Crofty 17-12-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14934675)
They still do. If a woman has a baby at the hospital here it is £80 if they would like a private room rather than go on the ward, or it was a few years ago.

Do you take cheques you sad apologist for the Tory dismantling of the NHS? Just because your party won a landslide doesn't make your attitude any more palatable. You and your ilk sicken me...truly...sicken me.

Spindle 02-01-2020 04:03 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...d-after-arrest

Welsh Conservative assembly member suspended after arrest

Looking forward to finding out what this tory rat has done :D