CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Politics Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tory Party (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279419)

Reps AJ 08-09-2019 08:01 AM

Got to ask yourself what is the end game for the Tory Brexiters

Big Blue Eagle 08-09-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 14910327)

££££££££££

SE25 exile 08-09-2019 08:03 AM

Power and extra cash for themselves?

mte103 08-09-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14910315)
Don't be silly you know MPs don't represent the people on this issue.... Respect if you want to remain but don't be silly.

When the history books are written I think it'll be clear the majority of MPs will have been trying to protect the people from their own stupid decision; the bottom line is the average MP is going to be on average more intelligent, more educated, and much more privy to actual facts and evidence than the average person - and on the basis of nothing else, that most aren't prepared to pursue a no deal Eu Exit, this should ring massive red alarm bells.

But to a huge swathe of the population, evidence and facts don't seem to matter.

Not a dig at you in particular, just the whole 'quisling mp' line.

in-exile 08-09-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

probably depends if they own a fund or their friends do.. I guess some others like most of us just want a normal country and Parliament ...

adrenalin john 08-09-2019 08:06 AM

In exile, are you being serious? Or are you having fun with a cliched parody?

bubbs11 08-09-2019 08:06 AM

I honestly think a Tory/Brexit pact would not be the vote winner many leavers believe it will be in a GE. The Euro elections were a bit of a red herring. If Labour and the Libs do a pact of sorts supporting a People’s vote, then I can see the Tories being absolutely slaughtered at the polls.

in-exile 08-09-2019 08:07 AM

And whats in it for the CBI and Goldman Sachs and all the other big money interests ... To constantly be trying to get us to stay in?
Sweetness of heart?

in-exile 08-09-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 14910336)
In exile, are you being serious? Or are you having fun with a cliched parody?

sorry representing the majority wanting this done...:(

adrenalin john 08-09-2019 08:09 AM

Also if a hard brexit is what you want and you honestly believe this is the type of Brexit that the people want then why the fear of a end referendum, that decided what type of leave the people want - or not

wedgetail 08-09-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

They have a lot in common with the taliban, they would rather have their narrow vision of a Britain based on constructed myths in a broken and impoverished country than share a prosperous open and diverse society.

adrenalin john 08-09-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14910340)
sorry representing the majority wanting this done...:(

I wasnt taking the piss, it was a legitimate question. I understand now you are a labour inclined hard core brexiteer.

Sadly, Brexit is not going to deliver the social and financial benefits you believe

El Aguila 08-09-2019 08:15 AM

A no deal Brexit without a referendum seems as mad as revoking - even more of a minority view and would fatally divide the country for decades.

wedgetail 08-09-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14910338)
And whats in it for the CBI and Goldman Sachs and all the other big money interests ... To constantly be trying to get us to stay in?
Sweetness of heart?

They can make more money out of a rich country. For the CBI they just want to exist in 10 years time, as for the big banks, they will just go with the (money) flow, however, you seem to miss the fact that the really big money interests just want a quick pillage and plunder of the UK, for them brexit is just a turning point.

Just why are you so keen for the UK to become a puppet state of US corporate power?

Les Butler 08-09-2019 08:25 AM

I think what the Tory, Labour whoever Brexiters want is to leave whatever,it's got so polarized whatever anyone says its become like two rival football teams where one side makes sense but calls the other condescending abusive names at every opportunity and the other stopped listening a long time ago.

Its leave or stay..That simple.

If there is a gen election it depends on how many on both sides can hold their noses and support a team they have never supported before that they would never have dreamed of doing up until Brexit.

adrenalin john 08-09-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 14910350)
A no deal Brexit without a referendum seems as mad as revoking - even more of a minority view and would fatally divide the country for decades.

The Liberals are hard core remain, but even they would have a 2nd referendum rather than act without the consent of the people.

I really can't see the problem with a 2nd referendum that gives people the choices on offer.

May's deal
Remain
WTO
Norway

First to 50 percent wins, transferable vote system.

Big Blue Eagle 08-09-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 14910361)
The Liberals are hard core remain, but even they would have a 2nd referendum rather than act without the consent of the people.

I really can't see the problem with a 2nd referendum that gives people the choices on offer.

May's deal
Remain
WTO
Norway

First to 50 percent wins, transferable vote system.

In an ideal world maybe, but the great British electorate are schooled in simple A or B choices, one winner immediately known. If some form of Lab/LD/SNP coalition gets in, it will be a straight choice - this deal or revoke and stay.

Langers 08-09-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 14910350)

The Tory’s are desperate to hand over Brexit to another party - it is undeliverable and they know the reality of any sort of Brexit will lead to political fall out. Many in the party would be happy to go into opposition and rebuild but I doubt the factions in the Tory party will ever be reconciled - it will never be the same.

Im hoping for a Macron style national unity government in the UK - can’t see it yet but it will come

Joe85 08-09-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14910278)
I've just joined the Tunbridge Wells Tory party ... So I can be ready to deselect one of the rebels!
Unless it's within 3 months of Friday .... as I would re nationalise trains water companies and other Utilities ... Increase spending on the NHS and schools .... Maybe I shouldn't go along to local party meetings... Hey ho brexit is brexit!
Just need the Brexit/Tory election Pact .... For guaranteed election Victory!

Bloody hell mate. Sad reading.

westsussexeagle 08-09-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

You might not need to look much further than the EU Tax Avoidance legislation that is on the horizon. Many of the main players in Brexit, Rees Mogg, Aaron Banks, the Barclay Brothers etc. all put in an appearance in the Paradise Papers. Forget the Sovereignty bollocks, this is all about the rich looking after number one.