CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Help and Suggestions (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Changing Username (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279080)

dweedman 19-05-2019 11:23 AM

Changing Username
 
Any way to have my username changed? Don't really like mine at all, it's absolutely meaningless and I only ever use it as a placeholder for accounts I intend not to use (which clearly didn't come to fruition on here, ha!)

I know it must be possible because the man formerly known as Jedis_Beard now goes by whatever name he goes by these days.

Much thanks.

Les Butler 19-05-2019 11:44 AM

Sorry mate the BBS does not allow username changes,it has happened but very, very rarely and way in the Past when Kevin was a mod, Jedis_Beard must have re-registered to change his username.

adrenalin john 19-05-2019 11:49 AM

I believe sleeping with a moderator is the only known successful course plotted on the path of name change.

Thank God for anti-virals

dweedman 19-05-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 14766324)
Jedis_Beard must have re-registered to change his username.

Nope. Post history is all there.

dweedman 19-05-2019 12:54 PM

Petition to allow name changes

Viva la revolución

Worksop Palace 19-05-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 14766324)
Sorry mate the BBS does not allow username changes,it has happened but very, very rarely and way in the Past when Kevin was a mod, Jedis_Beard must have re-registered to change his username.

Why does it not allow it Les ?

I get the previously banned but etc but if you just want a change of name and don’t hide your previous moniker.

Presume he can just ask for his account to be deleted and then register again ?

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 19-05-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14766421)
Why does it not allow it Les ?

I get the previously banned but etc but if you just want a change of name and don’t hide your previous moniker.

Presume he can just ask for his account to be deleted and then register again ?

With certain people here advocating the entire world invert known, actual reality to accommodate a 'transgendered' person's wish to pretend-away their biological gender, I fully expect every SJW on this site to flock here in full support of a person whose sense of identity now deviates from their user name. :supergrin:

Light the blue touch paper...

andyocpfc 19-05-2019 02:16 PM

Changing Username
 
I’ve been gagging to have a capitol letter ‘A’ at the beginning of my name for 15 years, but nitto. It drives me mad seeing it. I keep thinking on my Birthday they’ll do it as a surprise, but zip so far.

If only I hadn’t rushed the registration form all those years ago.

Worksop Palace 19-05-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14766444)
I’ve been gagging to have a capitol letter ‘A’ at the beginning of my name for 15 years, but nitto. It drives me mad seeing it. I keep thinking on my Birthday they’ll do it as a surprise, but zip so far.

If only I hadn’t rushed the registration form all those years ago.

It would ruin it given you’re known as ‘little andy’

moverman 19-05-2019 02:21 PM

..and I quit Removals 4 years ago so would like to change just one letter to loverman..

andyocpfc 19-05-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14766445)
It would ruin it given you’re known as ‘little andy’


Haha - very good squire [emoji3]

CP-RJW 19-05-2019 02:34 PM

Yeah I hate mine, sounds like a btec C-3PO.

BERT'S HEAD 19-05-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moverman (Post 14766446)
..and I quit Removals 4 years ago so would like to change just one letter to loverman..

Or Boverman, Coverman, Doverman, Hoverman, Roverman.

ExiledStirling 19-05-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 14766329)
I believe sleeping with a moderator is the only known successful course plotted on the path of name change.

Do not fall for it folks.. they get what they want and then while laughing say 'Whatya going to do, sue us?'

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 19-05-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 14766458)
Or Boverman, Coverman, Doverman, Hoverman, Roverman.

'Hoverman' is cool.

andyocpfc 19-05-2019 02:46 PM

Maybe we could have one day whereby all users can change one character of their username. This will then not ruin the profile identity.

mroakley9 19-05-2019 02:49 PM

i'd love to get rid of the 9 in my username

stinky 19-05-2019 02:55 PM

Oh you all picked a name you don't like and want to change it? My heart bleeds for you.

Adlerhorst 19-05-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 14766329)
I believe sleeping with a moderator is the only known successful course plotted on the path of name change.

God knows what Brumie did.

andyocpfc 19-05-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 14766478)
Oh you all picked a name you don't like and want to change it? My heart bleeds for you.


So you want a capitol letter too [emoji3]


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.