CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Music Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Beatles (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198394)

KILROY 04-03-2010 08:44 PM

The Beatles
 
Is there anyone who's a fan or knows a bit about the Beatles i need to find there top 10 selling songs for my son's homework so any help would be much appreciated. Regards

Little Matt 04-03-2010 08:45 PM

PM Beatleboy. He was Ringo's jockstrap during the 60s or something.

Cartoon Head 04-03-2010 08:46 PM

this should help.

http://www.jpgr.co.uk/stats_top30_beatles.html

KILROY 04-03-2010 08:52 PM

Many Thanks

hughff 04-03-2010 08:53 PM

Google not working for you?

Cartoon Head 04-03-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILROY
Many Thanks

you're welcome.

great homework by the way:p

my daughter was stuck with science tonight:(

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 05:42 AM

I hope your son concludes his home work with some sort of statement along the lines of "A boy ban who got lucky, the only two members of which died early, leaving the two surviving dimwits to live off of their deceased colleagues reputations. The musical equivalent of The Emporers new clothes".

Asagaya_Eagle 05-03-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
I hope your son concludes his home work with some sort of statement along the lines of "A boy ban who got lucky, the only two members of which died early, leaving the two surviving dimwits to live off of their deceased colleagues reputations. The musical equivalent of The Emporers new clothes".

Not a big fan then?

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 06:07 AM

Can you tell?

James 05-03-2010 06:10 AM

I confess that I had not heard of the 'Beatles' - but I was able to find a little bit about them by using Google. It seems that they were a beat combo who had some success in the 1960's and early 1970's. I have downloaded a couple of their tunes, and they were quite good!

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
I confess that I had not heard of the 'Beatles' - but I was able to find a little bit about them by using Google. It seems that they were a beat combo who had some success in the 1960's and early 1970's. I have downloaded a couple of their tunes, and they were quite good!

But everyone knows you're stupid.

James 05-03-2010 07:22 AM

Surely not everyone?

Psychokiller 05-03-2010 07:23 AM

Well, you did get sacked from Lanfranc. Even I could teach there!

James 05-03-2010 07:25 AM

I didn't get sacked - I was offered a move to John Newnham after I had been stabbed in the leg by a young girl (with a protractor).

OscillateWildly 05-03-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
I hope your son concludes his home work with some sort of statement along the lines of "A boy ban who got lucky, the only two members of which died early, leaving the two surviving dimwits to live off of their deceased colleagues reputations. The musical equivalent of The Emporers new clothes".

I fear that you and cultural history are strangers and will never meet.

Psychokiller 05-03-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
I didn't get sacked - I was offered a move to John Newnham after I had been stabbed in the leg by a young girl (with a protractor).

Well that was your own stupid fault. Everyone knows that you should never set foot in Lanfranc without a full set of body armour and a can of mace.

James 05-03-2010 07:26 AM

... but back to the 'Beatles'. Has anyone heard of 'Twist and Shout'? It's a jolly little tune, with quite a bit of shouting, but some decent harmonies. I am surprised that this band are not better known.

Psychokiller 05-03-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
... but back to the 'Beatles'. Has anyone heard of 'Twist and Shout'? It's a jolly little tune, with quite a bit of shouting, but some decent harmonies. I am surprised that this band are not better known.

They won't get anywhere with that drummer, they should sack him now if they want to be successful.

James 05-03-2010 07:29 AM

Actually, I believe that Richard, the drummer, was a replacement for a bloke called Peter! Why don't you like him? Surely a drummer isn't that important.

Psychokiller 05-03-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Actually, I believe that Richard, the drummer, was a replacement for a bloke called Peter! Why don't you like him? Surely a drummer isn't that important.

He looks a bit creepy, like the kind of bloke who REALLY REALLY wants to work with children.....


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.