CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

tommoboy0 25-01-2015 08:53 AM

How can we get 1 minute highlights for beating a team 3rd in the league, away from home with 5 goals. I'm not saying we should have been first, but the same coverage as Birmingham v WBA or Liverpool's 0-0 would have been nice

eagles2008 25-01-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 12199481)
Can I ask who you think the coverage is biased towards?

I don't disputes it was poor coverage of our game and a completely energy redundant piece of broadcasting largely due to Fowler and Logan - Jenas is an excellent pundit but just because we were on in the 2nd half of the show, I don't get the bias?

Ok you've got the coke head Robbie fowler. I'm annoyed for 2 reasons.
1) we were on so late.
2) the highlights were so brief.
3) no reference was made to the fact we are the highest ranked team currently through to round 5.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 25-01-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 12199434)
I assume, nay hope, this post is heavily dosed with irony.

:D

IanH 25-01-2015 08:59 AM

Good to go under the radar for a while yet.

Ralph 25-01-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles2008 (Post 12199506)
Ok you've got the coke head Robbie fowler. I'm annoyed for 2 reasons.
1) we were on so late.
2) the highlights were so brief.
3) no reference was made to the fact we are the highest ranked team currently through to round 5.

Just watching the replay of it this morning and actually, I've been turned, every comment dickhead Fowler makes references Liverpool; biggest cup upset - Liverpool v Wimbledon (it was a final you moron prick) and summary of the day (Boltons upset at Liverpool).

Whoever directed and produced that show should've stopped filming and either asked Fowler to make unbiased and reasonable comments on the day or sacked him on the spot and got someone from their other list of pundits to sit in, someone like Lawrenson, Hansen, Hamann, Murphy, Owen or...er...ok yeah. The complaint shouldn't be about the coverage last night but the open disregard for any club outside of Man Utd or Liverpool.

Even Man City and Chelsea fans must be getting sick of it.

W Malling Eagle 25-01-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommoboy0 (Post 12199503)
How can we get 1 minute highlights for beating a team 3rd in the league, away from home with 5 goals. I'm not saying we should have been first, but the same coverage as Birmingham v WBA or Liverpool's 0-0 would have been nice

This. I don't think it's any kind of conspiracy against Palace, but it is ridiculous that we got such pitiful coverage. Huge result, lots of stories (Pardew's 100% record so far, returning to his old club, Saints' form, their ex-Palace players, etc) and yet all they showed was the goals. After watching extended highlights of an extremely dull Liverpool 0-0 it was particularly galling.

Suffolk Eagle 25-01-2015 09:03 AM

Stayed up late just to watch us lumped in with a few no hopers!! about 15 seconds from one camera angle, truely pathetic well done BBC you cocked up yet again

MDA 25-01-2015 09:03 AM

Sadly the "victim" culture of Liverpool FC suits the BBC down to the ground.

Wycombe Eagle#2 25-01-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 12199441)
there(sic) loss? They had probably the biggest upset in FA cup history and to back it up Boro beating Man City, with a fair number of other supporting acts to show the thrills of the FA Cup. One prem team beating another is hardly as important as some seem to be getting their knickers in a twist over.

Amusing stuff that some are getting so irate over nothing.

So why give a better analysis and package of Spurs v Leicester all prem game and far less goals. West Brom beating championship Birmingham 2-1 whoopy do, Liverpool drawing 0 boring 0 with Bolton and Championship Blackburn beating Swansea at home, both the later 2 hardly shocks of the century.

I wasn't expecting top billing what with the other fantastic results but for an all prem game and let's not forget Southampton are 3rd in the premier league, to be shoved in at the end with what appeared to be ******g radio commentary is nothing short of a disgrace. The BBC have done just as much to disrespect the FA cup than anyone else there. Top 3 prem side against another prem team, goals galore and a full house and they shove it on last. BBC****:veryangry

Chocky 25-01-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 12199516)
Just watching the replay of it this morning and actually, I've been turned, every comment dickhead Fowler makes references Liverpool; biggest cup upset - Liverpool v Wimbledon (it was a final you moron prick) and summary of the day (Boltons upset at Liverpool).

Whoever directed and produced that show should've stopped filming and either asked Fowler to make unbiased and reasonable comments on the day or sacked him on the spot and got someone from their other list of pundits to sit in, someone like Lawrenson, Hansen, Hamann, Murphy, Owen or...er...ok yeah. The complaint shouldn't be about the coverage last night but the open disregard for any club outside of Man Utd or Liverpool.

Even Man City and Chelsea fans must be getting sick of it.

Yeah but Stevie's leaving Liverpool or died or something. It's their year.

Lemming 25-01-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 12199456)
One of the best cup upsets given the way the game panned out, no doubt. But the biggest? Really, that's down to the bookies odds and I wouldn't have thought before the game a Bradford winner would've been the biggest odds in cup upset history.

Although having said that, nowadays with Betfair it probably could've been.

Nonetheless a stunning game and deserving of MOTD top billing, as was Boro's game. Other than that it was strange scheduling to give so much attention to Cardiff v Blackburn and Tottenham v Leicester, but then their fans would be just as angsty if it was us up before them.

Utter b@stards. Where I live, MOTD didn't even bother to show that game. I feel a strongly worded letter to The Times is in order.

Ralph 25-01-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W Malling Eagle (Post 12199520)
This. I don't think it's any kind of conspiracy against Palace, but it is ridiculous that we got such pitiful coverage. Huge result, lots of stories (Pardew's 100% record so far, returning to his old club, Saints' form, their ex-Palace players, etc) and yet all they showed was the goals. After watching extended highlights of an extremely dull Liverpool 0-0 it was particularly galling.

And having Fowler and Jenas on just further reinforces the amateurish approach to domestic televisions football coverage. Jenas is actually quite good but Fowler is a disgrace and another example of the Liverpool bias. Why not make an effort to have someone from a previous giant killing team to talk about it or someone from the cup final side with Ian Wright (or the man himself). Just a bit of joined up thinking.

If I produced work (and I do work in TV/Film) of that nature I'd be terrified and embarrassed going into work on Monday morning. The fact they'd even spent resource on putting together a little montage of Liverpool v Bolton historical goals. Why?

Chocky 25-01-2015 09:08 AM

If Palace 3 Liverpool 3 had been on MOTD last season....

Eaglefoz 25-01-2015 09:14 AM

Southampton fans must be totally non plussed about this, on the one hand they consistently mentioned that the top two premiership teams lost, when it should have been the top 3 and on the other hand, they lost.

Ralph 25-01-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12199534)
If Palace 3 Liverpool 3 had been on MOTD last season....

I'd never heard the BBC commentary of that game before.

henryhallandhisbasque 25-01-2015 09:20 AM

I was hoping to see some proper highlights with an at the game commentary on MOTD. After what seemed like an eternity, I got about two minutes of the game shot on what looked like a child's home movie kit from Chad Valley circa 1975, being held by somebody with a cheap ticket and no camera sense. Why wasn't a game played between two Premiership sides given a dedicated slot on the programme?

Gooders 25-01-2015 09:23 AM

Just watching now. Blimey Bradford can play a bit. Magnificent from them.

Boro look typically dour and were a little bit lucky. Have a horrible feeling we will be drawn away to them in the 5th round.

cdm61 25-01-2015 09:26 AM

I missed it fell asleep......Goals on Sunday is better

Aki Aki Aki 25-01-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 12199542)
I'd never heard the BBC commentary of that game before.

I've never seen this before, it's so funny :D :lux:

Chobham Eagle 25-01-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommoboy0 (Post 12199503)

None of the 'other' games they showed at the end were ever going to be one of the main games shown because the Beeb clearly didn't send the necessary commentators and cameras to those matches. If it had finished 8-8 we'd still only have seen the goals.