CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

bubbs11 25-08-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 14894889)
The new MOTD title sequence graphics serves to minimize us. Watch how almost every other club has a gigantic symbol thrown up, along with sound effects, ( boom of the Arsenal cannon / clang of West Ham Irons / Squark of stupid Weed Seagull ) while we get buried in an image with two other clubs, with the Crystal Palace building rendered so small against the other two icons it is hardly noticeable. Even Burnley and Bournemouth ( just about the most graphically unidentifiable clubs to imagine ) gets better visual representations. You'd think a gleaming crystal building and an eagle might be an interesting, dynamic addition to the title sequence but MOTD decided otherwise. In the grand scheme of things it hardly matters but it does make me wonder if someone high up in the programme doesn't like us. After all, these title sequences are poured over very carefully in the design stage.

Would be interesting to know what club the guy that edited the sequence together supports. Got to be honest, if I was doing it, I couldnít help but slip in the odd subtle wink to our rivals. A small, pathetic, scrawny looking Seagull - something like that.

biggus mickus 25-08-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle (Post 14894956)
Stupid post.

From you, thats more than a bit rich.

Worksop Palace 25-08-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strolling bones (Post 14894897)
It does ..its Deeply irritating , surely they could have found a woman with a silkier more mellow tone ? I've tried , but i cant listen to it any longer.

She is absolutely dreadful. A someone else said, itís such a forced and false voice. Iíve heard her in an interview talking normally and she has a very pleasant tone about her, so why she feels she has to change to that ridiculous voice when commentating god only knows

hedge end eagle 25-08-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 14895008)
Surprised motd didn't highlight the potential red cards. Obviously they spoke about the Cahill incident, but Luka should have got a second yellow for the pen and Zaha should have got a second for going through Pogba for their goal. I can't actually remember a game where we ride our luck as much as we did. So pleased it was against the wankers

I think Cahill was a yellow as martial wasn't going straight onto goal, he was wider. See the luka one given as a yellow before but would have been soft. I initially thought wilf should have got a second yellow but having watched it a couple of times, i think pogba makes more of a meal of it then it actually is

dim 25-08-2019 07:49 AM

Motty impersonator?

hedge end eagle 25-08-2019 07:51 AM

Penalty wise I think of you are going to give the martial one, and i have seen them given, then you have to give the schlupp one as he is blatantly pulled back by lindelof. The rashford one at the end I don't think is a penalty as he made a meal of nothing. Also I thought they are supposed to have said you are not allowed to crowd the ref like they did at every decision!

917L 25-08-2019 08:05 AM

Amazed there was so little condemnation of the Andone challenge at Br*ghton.

Eventually Murphy managed disgusting, but they just sermed to brush over it

Cowardly deliberate attempt to injure in my view. Deserves far more than 3 games

St.Francois 25-08-2019 08:21 AM

Agree, I'd ban him for about eight games, it was a shocking challenge and the player and club should suffer for that. Also suprised that they were saying the stamp on the foot of the Chelsea player by Norwich was unintentional.

And lastly, not just on match of the day but the way the commentators kept talking about a penalty for the challenge by Kelly on Martial. It should of been a foul, but a free kick outside the box. The first arm on the shoulder was on the corner of the d then continued into the box.

Johnnydev66 25-08-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedge end eagle (Post 14895080)
Penalty wise I think of you are going to give the martial one, and i have seen them given, then you have to give the schlupp one as he is blatantly pulled back by lindelof. The rashford one at the end I don't think is a penalty as he made a meal of nothing. Also I thought they are supposed to have said you are not allowed to crowd the ref like they did at every decision!

I havenít seen it mentioned elsewhere but Iím convinced the Martial one was actually outside the box anyway. When Kelly first grabs him his feet are well outside the area.

Yoda 25-08-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedge end eagle (Post 14895073)
I think Cahill was a yellow as martial wasn't going straight onto goal, he was wider. See the luka one given as a yellow before but would have been soft. I initially thought wilf should have got a second yellow but having watched it a couple of times, i think pogba makes more of a meal of it then it actually is

Did you notice that Wilf applauded the ref when he gave him his yellow. Not as obviously as he did during the infamous double yellow at Southampton, but a different ref might have reacted badly to it again.

Coastal Palace 25-08-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 14895145)
Did you notice that Wilf applauded the ref when he gave him his yellow. Not as obviously as he did during the infamous double yellow at Southampton, but a different ref might have reacted badly to it again.

Because he never learns.
He'll have to grow up a bit for when he plays for a big team.

hedge end eagle 25-08-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnydev66 (Post 14895144)
I havenít seen it mentioned elsewhere but Iím convinced the Martial one was actually outside the box anyway. When Kelly first grabs him his feet are well outside the area.

Just watched it again and it looks like it might be..also martial goes down far too easily

hedge end eagle 25-08-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 14895145)

No I didn't see that but nothing surprises me with the way he has started the season...

st albans 25-08-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 14895101)
Amazed there was so little condemnation of the Andone challenge at Br*ghton.

Eventually Murphy managed disgusting, but they just sermed to brush over it

Cowardly deliberate attempt to injure in my view. Deserves far more than 3 games

You just need to look at the reaction of the Brighton player in the background to know how bad a challenge it is. Haven't seen a player react like that to a teammates challenge for ages

liberal clubber 25-08-2019 08:42 AM

I love how Luca blocks Pogba from ďinfluencingĒ the ref the look on Pogbas face says ďyou canít do that- Iím a galactico

hedge end eagle 25-08-2019 08:43 AM

My highlight is them scoring, James celebrating like it was the winner and then them running back like a win was in the bag...until we scored again :supergrin:

KYLIE MINEAGLE 25-08-2019 08:44 AM

And a ****.

Coastal Palace 25-08-2019 08:44 AM

'And Manchester Utd will think they can go on and win this now.'

Oh will they now!

917L 25-08-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedge end eagle (Post 14895172)
My highlight is them scoring, James celebrating like it was the winner and then them running back like a win was in the bag...until we scored again :supergrin:

As a game it's reminiscent of Chelsea away 3 years ago.

Damo's finest hour and Ward heading a late winner after Falco equalised very late on

JAS78 25-08-2019 08:47 AM

I think them scoring actually stopped Wilf getting a second yellow

Ref just got on with it