CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

M3 Eagle 19-09-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15413814)
It's only technically true and it's a complete distortion of the player's career and contribution to Palace.

Zaha appearances by club (source: Wikipedia)

Palace 329
Cardiff City 12
Wankers 2

How he played in that game against us in Cardiff that should be 330 and 11 [emoji1]

west country boy 19-09-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

It's only technically true and it's a complete distortion of the player's career and contribution to Palace.

Palace 329
Cardiff City 12
Wankers 2

It is true.

chateauferret 19-09-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15413946)
It is true.

In the sense that it's true that Mozart was a billiards player. Or that Hitler was a painter. Or that Tolkien was a soldier.

Maidstoned Eagle 20-09-2020 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15413961)
In the sense that it's true that Mozart was a billiards player. Or that Hitler was a painter. Or that Tolkien was a soldier.Or that I'm a spaff sack

Efa

Maidstoned Eagle 20-09-2020 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 15413888)
I still don't see why we get about 5 minutes of Palace playing in a football match in an hour long programme when so few games were played today??!!

Because of who we beat.

Soarin' Eagles 20-09-2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15413898)
Bilic was looney manager of the week marching across the pitch to lose it with the ref after his player was sent off in circumstances he can have no complaints about at all.

Disagree tbh

Think the ref could have done a better job in calming the situation

chateauferret 20-09-2020 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soarin' Eagles (Post 15414153)
Disagree tbh

Well, I don't disagree with that but by the time he got a chance Bilic already looked like a total clown.

Anyway apart from him and the Fulham guy nobody else has done anything particularly looney ... yet. Well, I suppose Solsjaer did mistake Lindelof and Maguire fior footballers.

Seba 20-09-2020 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15413848)
It's not a programme exclusively for Palace fans. The average MotD viewer would not give a tinker's cuss about Zaha being captain today, but would probably like to know if he will be leaving before the window shuts (not that anyone on the show had any insight whatsoever).

Spot on. Think many on here think it is. Get annoyed. Complain. Then go back and watch it the following week.

Reps AJ 20-09-2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seba (Post 15414192)
Spot on. Think many on here think it is. Get annoyed. Complain. Then go back and watch it the following week.

Record it, fast forward through the "analysis", relax.

MFBias 20-09-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15413961)
In the sense that it's true that Mozart was a billiards player. Or that Hitler was a painter. Or that Tolkien was a soldier.

It still is a factor that he wants to prove himself when he plays against Man U. It also made him who he is, that time in Manchester would have changed him.

He is a former player, it is technically true, which makes it true.

Ardent Eagle Forever 20-09-2020 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 15413853)
Fulham are going to go places with their defence. [emoji23]
Keep up the good work Scott.

So you don't like going to see Palace away at Fulham? Rather they stay up and some other dross like Leeds get relegated in their place.

Had some great times at Fulham away.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 20-09-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Palace 329
Cardiff City 12
Wankers 2

That is just league games. In all competitions it is:

Palace 364
Cardiff 13
Wankers 4

viking's no1 20-09-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soarin' Eagles (Post 15414153)
Disagree tbh

You can disagree all you want. Fortunately we have laws and guidelines in place to stop managers doing precisely this. The idiot Bilic should read them.

west eagle 20-09-2020 08:10 AM

first time i watched MOTD in a while last night, needs some fresh faces on there .

Ardent Eagle Forever 20-09-2020 08:12 AM

Alex Scott should replace Lineker on MoTD, not Sue Barker on QoS.

It was good last night for Murphy to highlight James McArthur and James McArthy.

chateauferret 20-09-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15414245)
It still is a factor that he wants to prove himself when he plays against Man U. It also made him who he is, that time in Manchester would have changed him.

He is a former player, it is technically true, which makes it true.

Hmmm. I suppose that is kind of relevant, especially if the likes of Evra are going to recylcle the slander about Moyes' daughter, but if you ask me what an "ex-United player" is I'd say someone like Rooney, or Ibrahimovic, or C*****a. Maybe that wasted time up there still irks a bit. But people whom you really do associate with United, for better or for worse, and who are part of that club's history. United may be a part of Wilf's history, but Wilf is not, and (unless they purchase him from us again) never will be, a significant part of theirs; he is a fundamental part of ours.

Also Wilf's performances yesterday and last week were much more focused and inspired than anything we saw last season. I don't think we can assume that what he did yesterday was motivated purely by the history with that lot; more likely because he now wants to increase his value rather than reduce his price, if he does still want to leave, or because he enjoys playing and playing well, or because he now sees us putting better attacking players around him.

The journalist could have written that in such a way as to give the correct emphasis.

Spindle 20-09-2020 08:20 AM

Can someone please tell me who "Ham-ez Rodriguez" is please? Tosser commentry, I can't stand them :wallbash:

chateauferret 20-09-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15414301)
Can someone please tell me who "Ham-ez Rodriguez" is please? Tosser commentry, I can't stand them :wallbash:

I've got a nasty feeling we'll be finding out next weekend :frown:

chatham_eagle 20-09-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15414301)

They may well be, but that's how he pronounces his name.

Expat Eagle 20-09-2020 08:49 AM

Sky news this morning, summarising yesterday’s four premier league games:
“A good day for Arsenal, Everton and Leeds, not so good for Manchester United”.

Why not “a good day for Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Crystal Palace”?

* shakes head *